Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season | Page 1235 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcq

Record Breaker
Yeah but... Javi is always at CoR and Gabby can't go to SC right? So maybe TCC Will take a trip to Russia 💔
How cruel, after ignoring him for so long, when I finally have a chance to see him, he decides it's time to go and skate in Europe u.u
I feel really sad right now 😂

Well, Javi is in a different seed so it kind of does not matter where he would be assigned. If Yuzu wants SC he will get it. I don't think Skate Canada would not want him (and another chance to butcher his PCS :p), and less travelling might be very appealing to Yuzuru rather than longer gap between competition. So SC+NHK is not that much of a longshot (SA+NHK is very unlikely). This is all under the assumption NHK is a definite event for him of course.
Yes Gabby can't go to CC but her main coach is not Brian. Brian is used to going to 4 different GP since 2013 or 2014 anyway, I think. I don't think it will matter so much.

ETA : A dream assignment for Brian is if Yuzu, Javi and Gabby all get COR and NHK, which would not be impossible of course. Haha. Less travelling for him. He can bring Tracy along too just like at Worlds :biggrin:

Last edited:

gladiolusc

Medalist
Well, Javi is in a different seed so it kind of does not matter where he would be assigned. If Yuzu wants SC he will get it. I don't think Skate Canada would not want him (and another chance to butcher his PCS :p), and less travelling might be very appealing to Yuzuru rather than longer gap between competition. So SC+NHK is not that much of a longshot (SA+NHK is very unlikely). This is all under the assumption NHK is a definite event for him of course.
Yes Gabby can't go to CC but her main coach is not Brian. Brian is used to going to 4 different GP since 2013 or 2014 anyway, I think. I don't think it will matter so much.

Huh we might actually get Javi and Yuzu in the same GP competition after a very long time :eek: I like COR + NHK best for him, even though that means I won't get to see him live in a GP next season. What about the Challenger Series? How much time in between Autumn Classic and say, COR?

------------

Oh! Jun Hwan next season too!

Last edited:

Lollols

Rinkside
This is really random, but now that you've mention SC I couldn't help but remember watching his Long program and there is this exact moment in the choreo (just before the hydroblading) that he has never done the same again since then, and I LOVED how he did it in SC. If I knew how to do gifs I would show you what I'm talking about lol I'm so random just continue :hopelessness: :laugh: *flies away*

mcq

Record Breaker
Huh we might actually get Javi and Yuzu in the same GP competition after a very long time :eek: I like COR + NHK best for him, even though that means I won't get to see him live in a GP next season. What about the Challenger Series? How much time in between Autumn Classic and say, COR?

AC last year is late september. So it would still be convenient time-wise; and again, AC is still not so much travel. But it will depend if AC is assigned as a CS or not (which will matter very little to him, I think). Most 2nd tier skaters would be at Nebelhorn anyway to get Olympic spot (outside skaters who are guaranteed a spot).

I would say SC+NHK is still pretty much in the game. Though CoR+NHK is really convenient in terms of time-gap between competition for him. There is a chance both Yuzu and Javi would go to both CoR+NHK too. He would get to meet either Patrick, Nathan or Javi no matter what anyway, and they all are equally tough so it doesn't matter.

ETA : Yes, Yuzu, javi, Gabby, alaine, Elizabet and Jun hwan so it would be busy. I am guessing Tracy quit/halt commentating due to this too so she can be around and do things during competition.

Last edited:

gladiolusc

Medalist
AC last year is late september. So it would still be convenient time-wise; and again, AC is still not so much travel. But it will depend if AC is assigned as a CS or not (which will matter very little to him, I think). Most 2nd tier skaters would be at Nebelhorn anyway to get Olympic spot (outside skaters who are guaranteed a spot).

I would say SC+NHK is still pretty much in the game. Though CoR+NHK is really convenient in terms of time-gap between competition for him. There is a chance both Yuzu and Javi would go to both CoR+NHK too. He would get to meet either Patrick, Nathan or Javi no matter what anyway, and they all are equally tough so it doesn't matter.

He just cares about getting the competition exposure, and I just care if I get to see him :D :D :D :D Meeting Patrick in SC and meeting Nathan in SA is probably a little bit more tough though :) He should just go with as many TCC people to save Brian/Tracy some travel. On the other hand, more than 2 in the same race and you'll definitely have someone in the team get third or lower which isn't good for GPF. Next year will be so hectic. Does Jun Hwan get two invitations or just one?

----------

This is really random, but now that you've mention SC I couldn't help but remember watching his Long program and there is this exact moment in the choreo (just before the hydroblading) that he has never done the same again since then, and I LOVED how he did it in SC. If I knew how to do gifs I would show you what I'm talking about lol I'm so random just continue :hopelessness: :laugh: *flies away*

which part? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XVUrh6_rGw <----- all 6 versions of H&L side by side :luv17:
You can share the link with the video set to play at your specified timestamp.

Last edited:

mcq

Record Breaker
He just cares about getting the competition exposure, and I just care if I get to see him :D :D :D :D Meeting Patrick in SC and meeting Nathan in SA is probably a little bit more tough though :) He should just go with as many TCC people to save Brian/Tracy some travel. On the other hand, more than 2 in the same race and you'll definitely have someone in the team get third or lower which isn't good for GPF. Next year will be so hectic. Does Jun Hwan get two invitations or just one?.

I think Cha is guaranteed none actually, but still will get 1 at least and I would bet he would get 2 (because pyongchang and I think both KSU and Brian would be pulling strings). I doubt Yuzu would choose SA, too close to GPF and he needs to travel back and forth to Toronto or to Japan still; especially if he gets the leverage to choose other events. It is going to be either SC or CoR for him. I really think SC won't be a longshot because it is just a 1-h flight while for CoR it is like 11-12 h flight. But the time-gap in between is tempting. ;)
(Again I am speaking all these with the assumption NHK is a lock for him)

gladiolusc

Medalist
I think Cha is guaranteed none actually, but still will get 1 at least and I would bet he would get 2 (because pyongchang and I think both KSU and Brian would be pulling strings). I doubt Yuzu would choose SA, too close to GPF and he needs to travel back and forth to Toronto or to Japan still; especially if he gets the leverage to choose other events. It is going to be either SC or CoR for him. I really think SC won't be a longshot because it is just a 1-h flight while for CoR it is like 11-12 h flight. But the time-gap in between is tempting. ;)

I generally agree about SA being too close to GPF and he wouldn't want to travel back and forth like that. On the other hand, SA is in NY which is fairly close to Toronto and not that much travel really. Certainly there is no time difference to deal with. Interesting that in the edge they all think he'll likely go for NHK and SA.

YuzusHydroblade

Match Penalty

I don't know why i have this feeling that Shoma might go to NHK. GPF is in Japan anyway, right? And didn't he say at World's that he didn't want to skate in Japan for a while? I think SC would be good for him because it's closer and early enough that he still has time to tweak his programs (and because i could see him)
I don't think SA would be a good idea, since he would have SA, GPF, Japanese Nationals and then PC. In case something like the problem he had on his back arises in any of those, he would have less time to heal...
Or just ignore this completely, i just really want him at SC because i am selfish and i want to see him </3

the50person

Rinkside
Seeing such a comment under TSL's latest vid interview of Brian Orser:
"Many fans and I don’t trust Brian Orser as Hanyu’s coach. Brian is more like a businessman rather than a genuine coach that Hanyu can truly depend on. But, I really hope I am wrong.
Even I myself and his fans have much more genuine love for Hanyu than Brian."

I...I couldn't resist and replied:

" "Many fans" <_<
Also, you do realise that Yuzu is not the sole student of Brian no? Brian has to be neutral for all skaters, but you can certainly tell that he makes the effort to connect with Yuzu, else they wouldn't have had that convo after the Canadian comps this season to try and clear up any misunderstandings they had. He understood Yuzu's plans. If he didn't care about Yuzu's opinions and feelings then he would have pushed through with HIS plan for the Olympics. He adjusts his way of interaction and way of training for each student of his according to their personalities. It might just be that Yuzu prefers less coddling and has more sense of direction of what he wants. As a tutor myself I can attest to that. As outsiders, we don't know what happens between them so we can't jump straight and conclude that he has less genuine love for Yuzu than fans do. Besides, fans and coaches both come from different directions. These two stands are not the one and same.

Granted, he is lucky to an extent, he says as much and knows and is grateful that the skaters want him to be their coach (he said before that he knows that all the good foundations were from other coaches), but that doesn't nullify the efforts he has put in to push Yuzu and Javi and the rest to greater heights. It was under Cricket that Yuzu got his full potential and improved his skating skills and went on to become Olys and Worlds champ and rule GPF for 4 consecutive seasons. It was under Cricket that Javi 2peated for World champs and dominated Euros and Spanish nats. Elizabet improved a lot. Gabby improved a lot."

I know we all want the best for Yuzu but please stop bashing his coach? It's like those parents who demand that the teacher focus the most on their kid but forget that the teacher teaches a class. Go get a private tutor thank you. :drama:

:scard7:

mcq

Record Breaker
I generally agree about SA being too close to GPF and he wouldn't want to travel back and forth like that. On the other hand, SA is in NY which is fairly close to Toronto and not that much travel really. Certainly there is no time difference to deal with. Interesting that in the edge they all think he'll likely go for NHK and SA.

SA is in Lake Placid, NY not in New York City lol. I checked and there is no direct flight there and to reach that place from Toronto it would take 6-8 hrs drive or 6-7 hrs in total with connecting flight, which is actually quite a travel. That is why I think he won't go there + The US Fed maybe would not want a reigning world champion wrecking havoc at home. Javi did not go there last year. So it might be mutual dislike :p
Maybe those at the Edge thought SA at New york city because NYC is indeed just 1-2 hr flight from Toronto :laugh:

I don't know why i have this feeling that Shoma might go to NHK. GPF is in Japan anyway, right? And didn't he say at World's that he didn't want to skate in Japan for a while? I think SC would be good for him because it's closer and early enough that he still has time to tweak his programs (and because i could see him)
I don't think SA would be a good idea, since he would have SA, GPF, Japanese Nationals and then PC. In case something like the problem he had on his back arises in any of those, he would have less time to heal...
Or just ignore this completely, i just really want him at SC because i am selfish and i want to see him </3

If Shoma gets NHK eventually, I would think that is because Yuzuru doesn't want to go there (dunno maybe too much NHK gold for him already). He said he does not want to compete in japan for a while as a joke though (he meant going against Shoma would be tough, but they won't face each other at GPs so it does not matter). Anyway, I am inclined to think Shirota knows her way around JSF, and if Yuzu wants NHK, he will get it. I am also inclined to think that seniority is still a thing there and Shoma himself would also be reluctant to step over Yuzu to get NHK. Yuzu did not get NHK during olympic years despite beating Dai and winning Nats anyway.

Last edited:

Lollols

Rinkside
That's why I love this forum, you guys are always prepared lol :luv17:

https://youtu.be/-XVUrh6_rGw?t=243 <------ It's that exact moment when he makes a turn and then goes down to hydroblade, I couldn't forget how in SC he seems like he BEAMS toward the judges (because of the angle) throwing his right hand and torso to the front, with his expression and the music's crescendo, it gives me these goosebumps, like he is doing with a lot of this extra passion :drama: No, really, when I look at the other versions side by side, I realize he really never does it again, at least not in the same way. Maybe it's just me, that I absolutely love H&L, but it stuck in my head since then, and when a new version came I always had to go back and look at it to compare :rofl:

YuzusHydroblade

Match Penalty
That's why I love this forum, you guys are always prepared lol :luv17:

https://youtu.be/-XVUrh6_rGw?t=243 <------ It's that exact moment when he makes a turn and then goes down to hydroblade, I couldn't forget how in SC he seems like he BEAMS toward the judges (because of the angle) throwing his right hand and torso to the front, with his expression and the music's crescendo, it gives me these goosebumps, like he is doing with a lot of this extra passion :drama: No, really, when I look at the other versions side by side, I realize he really never does it again, at least not in the same way. Maybe it's just me, that I absolutely love H&L, but it stuck in my head since then, and when a new version came I always had to go back and look at it to compare :rofl:
:laugh:Are you aware that the only difference between your link and mine is one second?

nihil

On the Ice
Yuzuru actually had 2 EX performances at the Words: Notte Stellata and Kuyashii:laugh: That was hilariously cute, like the epitome of kuyashii :laugh2:

(4T1Lo4T and 3A in this fancam)

Last edited:

Camillo

On the Ice
I think Cha is guaranteed none actually
Cha is 24th at SB list, so he has 1 guaranteed GP event and most likely he'll get second event after they begin to fill the open entires with skaters from top-75 of SB list.

mcq

Record Breaker
Cha is 24th at SB list, so he has 1 guaranteed GP event and most likely he'll get second event after they begin to fill the open entires with skaters from top-75 of SB list.

Ah right. Hopefully it will stay that way until end of season. I thought he was 25th. But I believed he would eventually get 2 no matter what; which means it would be a busy GP season for CC coach, especially Brian because he is head coach for Yuzu, Javi, Elizabet and Cha (There is also, Jossi, Gabby etc). He said he has already arranged who will go with who though, so he anticipated if he had to attend 6 different GPs after all (hopefully not but still).

YuzusHydroblade

Match Penalty
Hi guys.. trying to catch up.. still 7 more pages to go lol.

That pic (lol) love how he's like chillin' and stretching like it's what he does afer he woke up in the morning still in bed :laugh:
I imagine another thing though.. him doing I/Y spin. Saw him attempted it once in like a blink since he kinda lost balance then.

Something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.