Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 103 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amef

Final Flight
I had a busy and intense weekend and couldn't even come here and comment on Yuzu's new programs!! :drama:

Honestly, I wasn't crazy about the FS music choice, mainly because I see it as "Plushenko's music" and as much as I love Plushy, it seemed kind of weird to me. Maybe because their styles are so different I couldn't imagine Yuzu doing Evgeni's music in any way.

Then I saw Yuzuru's step sequence and I had a heart attack. I swear this man will be the death of me and I predict I am going to die in Saitama, watching Yuzu live.

The thought of a Hanyu fan getting a real live heart attack during his Nijinsky step sequence won't surprise me... I'm afraid because I'm also going to Russia this year. CoR

Reth

On the Ice
The thought of a Hanyu fan getting a real live heart attack during his Nijinsky step sequence won't surprise me... I'm afraid because I'm also going to Russia this year. CoR
Lucky! You get to see this all in person. 💃

I am already lovely everything from the little clips that was shown. His 3A look higher then usual. Is that from the training of the 4A?

Henni147

Final Flight
The current 'best jump'-discussions in the Edge motivated me to take a closer look at Yuzu's statistics over the last three seasons and create a table with LV's, GOE's, success rates on various elements etc.

Here it is: https://twitter.com/Henni147/status/1036640419675865088

Sure, the old scale of values is difficult to compare with the new one, but independent from that there are some very interesting results and I thought I share them here ;)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

CoR is going to be amazing, I'm sure it'll be worth it :laugh:

The current 'best jump'-discussions in the Edge motivated me to take a closer look at Yuzu's statistics over the last three seasons and create a table with LV's, GOE's, success rates on various elements etc.

Sure, the old scale of values is difficult to compare with the new one, but independent from that there are some very interesting results and I thought I share them here ;)

Thank you! (whats that about inconsistent again????)

firal

Record Breaker
Yes, I also was very impressed with his explaination, comparing it to long jump. I think not many of us has tried jumping on ice or skating, but at least during gym class in school we had to do long jump for track and field...so it's easier to imagine how difficult and the athleticism required!

When do we think we will see 4A in the program this season? I don't think he will attempt it at ACI yet, but then again I know nothing...:laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker

Thanks for the data! It's very interesting and must have taken quite a bit of time to do.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Yes, I also was very impressed with his explaination, comparing it to long jump. I think not many of us has tried jumping on ice or skating, but at least during gym class in school we had to do long jump for track and field...so it's easier to imagine how difficult and the athleticism required!

When do we think we will see 4A in the program this season? I don't think he will attempt it at ACI yet, but then again I know nothing...:laugh:

And those of us who have jumped don't need the comparison to imagine that, just the number. My mediocre single toe loop isn't even a meter yet. :eek:: 6 is just incredible... but if anyone can do it, it's probably Yuzu!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Thank you for your hard work. :thank: Amazing how "constant" (to borrow Yuzuru's term) the quad salchow has become when before detractors derided it as "a planned fall," and some concerned fans even thought it best for Yuzuru to simply junk the jump. Yuzuru stubbornly kept it, knowing a second kind of quad frees up his layout, and eventually owned the jump as I predicted he would. I wonder now where PCS will get a big hit in case of serious mistakes whether such a strategy will still be as viable.

For me, no surprises about the triple axel and the triple loop as his best triples. And yes, I also wonder why his triple loop is not mentioned more often as among the best, if not the best. He invariably nails it beautifully even late in the second half of his LP. Such an embarassment of FS riches, Yuzuru is.

Amef

Final Flight
The thought of Yuzu, Jason and Zhenya all driving to ACI this month in the TCC car or van, makes me excited! I wonder if they all leave at the same time?

Imov

Medalist
The thought of Yuzu, Jason and Zhenya all driving to ACI this month in the TCC car or van, makes me excited! I wonder if they all leave at the same time?
For safety reasons I think its better separately.
Media might follow that van too close for comfort and it might turn ugly.
And as Dani said, Yuzu has his personal team too who travels with him.
They could check in the same hotel with different rooms of course. But Yuzu being the hermit he is will not go room knocking to check what others are doing. ^^
However, to avoid any tabloid rumors, its seems better he checks in a different hotel than Zhenya.
Popularity just makes everything complicated....
But I will be happy to see them all in ACI.

Danibellerika

Medalist
For safety reasons I think its better separately.
Media might follow that van too close for comfort and it might turn ugly.
And as Dani said, Yuzu has his personal team too who travels with him.
They could check in the same hotel with different rooms of course. But Yuzu being the hermit he is will not go room knocking to check what others are doing. ^^
However, to avoid any tabloid rumors, its seems better he checks in a different hotel than Zhenya.
Popularity just makes everything complicated....
But I will be happy to see them all in ACI.

I think there is a designated skaters hotel but last year Yuzu stayed at another one (he was there the year before last but, speaking from first hand experience, the hotel wasn't great so I could see him wanting to go elsewhere).

Amef

Final Flight
I think there is a designated skaters hotel but last year Yuzu stayed at another one (he was there the year before last but, speaking from first hand experience, the hotel wasn't great so I could see him wanting to go elsewhere).

Maybe Yuzu is more picky with hotels? He has to have his mum or nutritionist cook specific designated meals for him (mostly Japanese), because he said he needs to eat rice before competitions.
How many hour drive is it from TCC to this year's ACI?

Also on a side note, I wonder if Yuzu already visited Japan to complete his costumes with Sato Itomi by now? I'm sure it's ready... But just curious because some skaters change their costume quite late in the season.

Reth

On the Ice
Maybe Yuzu is more picky with hotels? He has to have his mum or nutritionist cook specific designated meals for him (mostly Japanese), because he said he needs to eat rice before competitions.
How many hour drive is it from TCC to this year's ACI?

Also on a side note, I wonder if Yuzu already visited Japan to complete his costumes with Sato Itomi by now? I'm sure it's ready... But just curious because some skaters change their costume quite late in the season.
I think he already visited Ito during the Fantasy on Ice tour. The only time I remember him changing his costumes during the season was after CoC 2014 because the blood stains wouldn’t come out and LGC changing white to purple. Last year his SP Chopin costume wasn’t ready yet and he wore 2015 one for ACI. Most of the time he kind of stick to the same costumes all season, with little tweaks here and there.

Amef

Final Flight
Japanese Tabloids was putting out false stories on why Evgenia changed coaches. Even Yuzuru clarified himself how ridiculous the dating rumors was.
But I think going to a different hotel because of that rumour is uncecessary. He already clarified the rumour anyway.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
He does it so fans doesn´t know where he is staying. Is pretty easy to find out where the skater are staying... Is it helps him feel relaxed It would be best if he stays in another hotel.

I also think that maybe we shouldn´t put our expectations about his relationships on this thread, he has make a point on not taking pictures with Evgenia probably to reduce the rumors (that specially affect her), both in Japan and Russia, not only from tabloids but also from fans...

Imov

Medalist
I wish I can give him a teleporatation device so he can get the most of privacy as possible.
I am excited for his costumes. I will grow to love it once it is out.

About the 4A, since Yuzu is studying human anatomy and combining it with mathematics.
I am going geek mode and thinking if he tried to compute the following:
1. Based on his height, how much he should weigh so he can leap the 6 meters needed?
2. Based on the force required for the jump, how much muscle density he needs so his body can withstand the landing? (Poor ankle)
3. Is there a possible way to get cushioning on skating shoes to soften landings?
4. Can the skating blade be varied in terms of material and thickness so he can leap and land better?
5. How much speed does he need to leap then rotate those 4.5 revolutions?
6. How does he count when he is in the air? I mean how can you visualize you are gonna leap then prepare for landing.

Thinking about it is :shocked: Go Yuzu, you are also pushing science not only sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.