Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
It's seems to be a local station...so I won't be able to watch it live. --Though fans will be quick to share, I think.

yude

Record Breaker

Interspectator

Record Breaker
The man in the interview said he went to see NHK 2013 in Sendai and Yuzuru was cute :biggrin:

I think チビカ is her daughter, it seems she became a big fan of Yuzuru now :biggrin: (and she was doing figure skating when she was little :)).

Thanks! I can finish the translation now. :thumbsup:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/YukinotoriKey/status/1014077167167082496
https://twitter.com/YukinotoriKey/status/1014077856475836416
Here's the clip
Yuzu visited the Narahamachi Elementary school.

There were about 100 children, and he gave a talk, about when he was a child.
'when I was around 1st or 2nd grade, the girls in my class would carry me around piggyback, or throw me around. '
He spoke about the importance of being thankful to parents and teachers and listening to what they say.

"It's actually an exceptional thing, when mothers and fathers enable you to do what you want to do. And mothers think, how shall I make it so that they do not suffer in the future? Don't forget that."

Boy says, "It's summer vacation soon. I want to remember I met Yuzuru Hanyu, and do my homework well."
Girl says, "His face is so small! He has given so much till now, as another Tohoku person, I want to thank him."

Hanyu: In the end I myself was encouraged and energized. I may not be able to help directly, but if this can be an opportunity for hearts to be enriched even a little, I feel that it can be counted as something I was able to do these past 7 years.

Last edited:

yude

Record Breaker
His father was a high-school teacher and now head-master, right? Maybe sound strange but in my country we don't say that teachers have a job in education but a job in culture. We always attribute them with deep knowledge on the culture, humanity and history of not only of their own country but the world. Subsequently, their children are always expected to be some role models at school. So, it is not unexpected for me to see this elegance and manner from someone raised in such a family.

Thank you for telling me about the situation in your country. Actually, my father was also a teacher in junior high and a head-master at the end of his career, and that is only the thing I and Yuzuru have in common, but sadly I am not like Yuzuru at all :sad21: :laugh: (well, it is not right to compare myself to Yuzuru anyway lol). But it is true that I had a little pressure like I must do well and behave well in school. I think Yuzuru was born naturally with special elegance and aura, and his family must have raised him accordingly without loosing them, with lots of love, disciplines, and pride in being Japanese.

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Here's the clip

'when I was around 1st or 2nd grade, the girls in my class would carry me around piggyback, or throw me around. '
He spoke about the importance of being thankful to parents and teachers and listening to what they say.

Thank you for the translation!
Did they mention why he visited this school specifically? (which city is in in btw)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thank you for the translation!
Did they mention why he visited this school specifically? (which city is in in btw)

It is in Fukushima, where there was a lot of damage from the 3.11 earthquake and the Nuclear meltdown after which many thousands of people needed to evacuate. Yuzu visited a school in the area after he won in Sochi as well.
Part of encouraging children of that area and raising awareness.

yude

Record Breaker
Here's the clip

"It's actually an exceptional thing, when mothers and fathers enable you to do what you want to do. And mothers think, how shall I make it so that they do not suffer in the future? Don't forget that."

Boy says, "It's summer vacation soon. I want to remember I met Yuzuru Hanyu, and do my homework well."
Girl says, "His face is so small! He has given so much till now, as another Tohoku person, I want to thank him."

Hanyu: In the end I myself was encouraged and energized. I may not be able to help directly, but if this can be an opportunity for hearts to be enriched even a little, I feel that it can be counted as something I was able to do these past 7 years.

They all look happy :luv17:

Narahamachi is very near to the nuclear plant and they were forced to evacuate at that time. (Hamadori...I wonder how many times we heard the name of the place right after 3.11...sigh).

sun110

Final Flight

LucyH

On the Ice
“He avoids getting involved with people.” Yuzu is solely focused on training(maybe also university) when he's in Canada. But having seen Jason and Med's cute interactions these days make me want Yuzu to join them occasionally to have fun like normal college students.

It'll likely happen but won't be documented. Both he and Med will want to avoid providing fodder for online gossips... We've seen Evgenia be in competition mode when she was prepping for the OG and disappeared from social media for months. He, Misha and Med have what appears to be a sweet friendship and hopefully this remains so in private but it's already been more awkward based on interactions I observed at FAOI publicly so thanks a lot gossip mags and online trolls! UGH

khtmyzr

Final Flight
Just because it seemed awkward in fans’ eyes doesn’t mean that it was actually awkward for them though. Sometimes fans project their thoughts that “it must be awkward for them” onto what they see and percieved the situation as such when, in reality, there might not be anything to it. A person who doesn’t follow all the dramas and only know that they are friends might not have thought anything from their interaction.
Just my opinion though :)

LucyH

On the Ice
Just because it seemed awkward in fans’ eyes doesn’t mean that it was actually awkward for them though. Sometimes fans project their thoughts that “it must be awkward for them” onto what they see and percieved the situation as such when, in reality, there might not be anything to it. A person who doesn’t follow all the dramas and only know that they are friends might not have thought anything from their interaction.
Just my opinion though :)

Yes that’s true. Sometimes it’s hard to not project our views.... hopefully everything works out and they all remain friends

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
Thank you all for the links and translations.

Is good to see Yuzuru with his 2 golds, very nice to him to visits schools. Wonder if the visit was yesterday or if it was pre recorded.

Status
Not open for further replies.