Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

yude

Record Breaker

Interspectator

Record Breaker
http://news.line.me/issue/oa-kahoku...are&utm_campaign=none&share_id=yLL30778084723 Sudden interest in Sendaihira
Below is a simple translation. As always please correct me if you find a mistake. Especially because this article contains specifics I'm not familiar with. I may have gotten the technical terms wrong.

Requests for 'Sendaihira' the material used for Yuzuru Hanyu's Hakama have come one after the other to the manufacturer and department stores since the Award Ceremony.
Sendaihira began manufacture in Sendai, during the time of 4th lord of Sendai Date Tsunamura (b. 1659-d. 1719) and is considered the highest quality of hakama.
(i'm not sure about if I'm getting this next part right, but it seems that at this time only one kind of Sendaihira is still made in a limited partnership)
In 2002 Master craftsman* Koda Yoshio-san, 89, was designated a Living National Treasure as a representative of the company.
When the award was decided in June, Koda-san reached out, through Sendai city, (to Hanyu) "Wanting him to be splendidly outfitted as a representative of Sendai City" and so made a full uniform with summer materials.
Already the Hanyu effect is seen at the manufacturers and department stores. There was a surge of views on the sites homepage. And many inquiries such as "Are there small items using the same material as the Hakama?" came in.

In Fujimisaki wallets of 27000 yen and wraps of nearly 10000 were sold.
Seeing the award ceremony on Television, Koda-san was impressed. "He looked smart, and wore it stylishly''
"Hanyu-san said that wearing Sendaihira was comfortable, I am happy to have Sendaihira evaluated in this way"

*the word I translated was 技術伝承者 I'm not sure master craftsman is the best translation, but it's similar?

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
http://news.line.me/issue/oa-kahoku...are&utm_campaign=none&share_id=yLL30778084723 Sudden interest in Sendaihira
Below is a simple translation. As always please correct me if you find a mistake. Especially because this article contains specifics I'm not familiar with. I may have gotten the technical terms wrong.

Requests for 'Sendaihira' the material used for Yuzuru Hanyu's Hakama have come one after the other to the manufacturer and department stores since the Award Ceremony.
Sendaihira began manufacture in Sendai, during the time of 4th lord of Sendai Date Tsunamura (b. 1659-d. 1719) and is considered the highest quality of hakama.
(i'm not sure about the if I'm getting this next part right, but it seems that at this time only one kind of Sendaihira is still made in a limited partnership)
In 2002 Mastercraftsman Koda Yoshio-san, 89, was designated a Living National Treasure as a representative of the company.
When the award was decided in June, Koda-san reached out, through Sendai city, "Wanting him to be splendidly outfitted as a representative of Sendai City" and so made a full uniform with summer materials.
Already the Hanyu effect is seen at the manufacturers and department stores. There was a surge of views on the sites homepage. And many inquiries such as "Are there small items using the same material as the Hakama?" came in.

In Fujimisaki wallets of 27000 yen and wraps of nearly 10000 were sold.
Seeing the award ceremony on Televesion, Koda-san was impressed. "He looked smart, and wore it stylishly''
"Hanyu-san said that wearing Sendaihira was comfortable, I am happy to have Sendaihira evaluated in this way"

I'm not surprised - even from photos you could see the superb quality, and Yuzu wore it beautifully (not that I'm biased or anything.... okay yes I am)

sun110

Final Flight
http://icerink-sendai.net/donation2018
I saw this notice on Ice Rink Sendai, that Yuzu had donated again to his hometown ice rink.
His total donations amount to 27million yen, if I'm reading that number right.
He also is always promoting Ice Rink Sendai by wearing the gloves they produce in training.

I'm curious how he came up with the 1,695,739 yen amount. It's not a round number at all. :laugh: Maybe it's some kind of commission he received then he donated the whole amount?

sun110

Final Flight
https://t.co/WPWzcIiNcP A new interview with Brian Orser from Kobe
https://twitter.com/Iron_Klaus/status/1014039731238301697 Translation by Iron_Klaus
Very interesting.

It made me happy to see him interact with other skaters and (laugh and smile) like he did long ago, at the Kobe ice show in June. I thought to myself, “He’s having fun right now.” He rarely has a moment when he can do this now

Brian really is happy that Yuzu is having fun. He liked all these Yuzu photos on IG. :laugh:

https://twitter.com/anjaheyheyhey/status/1014007416659365889

JuliettaG

On the Ice
So, if nothing happens, I 'll see Yuzuru at Helsinki.
I've already booked the flights and the hotel :yahoo: Really, I can't believe that I'm so close to fullfil my dream... Since I saw him at Nice 2012, Yuzuru has been an important figure in my life. Thanks to him I didn't give up in college and now I am an industrial engineer and I can afford going to my first live competition :laugh:
So, I hope I can meet some of you there if you're going, I'm travelling alone for the first time I'll be a bit lost :palmf::rofl:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I've already booked the flights and the hotel :yahoo: Really, I can't believe that I'm so close to fullfil my dream... Since I saw him at Nice 2012, Yuzuru has been an important figure in my life. Thanks to him I didn't give up in college and now I am an industrial engineer and I can afford going to my first live competition :laugh:
So, I hope I can meet some of you there if you're going, I'm travelling alone for the first time I'll be a bit lost :palmf::rofl:

I am already totally jealous.... of Nice that was and Helsinki that will be :)

Has there been any doubt? :p

Only by those of us who think he's actually part supernatural...:think:

yude

Record Breaker

Aww, I am so happy for you!! I hope you'll see a lot of Yuzuru and his fans :dance3:

Amef

Final Flight
Does Yuzu have any more plans in Japan or has he secretly flown to Toronto as is now training is TCC? I thought Jason B will have uploaded a Yuzu pic by now [emoji23]

Status
Not open for further replies.