Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019 | Page 238 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglehelang

Final Flight
By the way, I heard that JSF would not announce the member of team Japan at the venue this year (I don't know the reason). So probably we'll have to wait for the media reports? :think:

You mean the tradition of announcing the WC team after Japan Nationals? Dont they do that every year since....long time ago?

Imov

Medalist
I gotta keep my nerves from overfluctuating.
I hope the pain on Yuzu's ankle go away before the holidays. So he can enjoy it fully.
I wonder how many stages of smash bros (?) game he finished by now.

Ulrica

On the Ice
Yuzuru Hanyu has made his comments through JSF on 13 December:
“I would like to thank so much to the people who have been concerned about my health since CoR. I have been doing everything I could do for Nationals; however, I regret that I will not be able to participate in the competition. I am not sure what is happening in the future, but I will make efforts for pains and restrictions to go away as soon as possible, and come back to the competitions."

https://twitter.com/sn_figure/statu...IjNzbUxUEkSvycMU5wygKMRu6NwbbcLjQq3W7fj9L_KrQ

This worries me:(

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
It is very official announcement , I'd not read too much into it honestly.

Weetos

Final Flight
Well, that does officially mean that in 2018 Yuzu only won gold. I mean I believe he would have finished the year with only gold either way but just don't have to wait to say it now...

I'll just cross everything for at least one more gold this season. Please let him be healthy and ready to compete in time for Worlds, skating gods :pray:

JuliettaG

On the Ice
I think we should be positive. He wants to heal and then compete as much as he can. It's depressing enough knowing that he needs to WD from nats, we shouldn't be thinking about apocalyptic scenarios in the future, we don't know anything yet.

I know I'm gonna miss him a lot these months :sad21: But I'm ready to cheer him on at worlds:hap10:

ankifeather

Final Flight
While I agree the statement is not the most positive tone, this is probably the only thing he can say now that is politically correct. If he had said I am recovering on track and aim to compete at 4CC and worlds (or the rest of the season - which only includes those competitions) those stupid detractors will be jumping up and down about "if he is recovering well, why he miss nationals ,he doesn't respect Japan, he is so up himself he declares himself on the world's team without going to nats and even before the official announcement" you get what I mean?

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Someone fluent in Japanese would have to look at the language in the original. My hunch is that the sense of uncertainty is meant to suggest “of course it’s impossible to state the future with regard to my health (and would also not look wise to name myself to the 4CC and Worlds teams when WDing from nats),” followed by certainty that he’s going to continue competing when able, but subtleties like that require someone with actual knowledge of Japanese to parse the nuances. (My Japanese is restricted to terms such as “blockstun/guardstun,” so I’m not useful here.)

vunhung3001

Rinkside
While I agree the statement is not the most positive tone, this is probably the only thing he can say now that is politically correct. If he had said I am recovering on track and aim to compete at 4CC and worlds (or the rest of the season - which only includes those competitions) those stupid detractors will be jumping up and down about "if he is recovering well, why he miss nationals ,he doesn't respect Japan, he is so up himself he declares himself on the world's team without going to nats and even before the official announcement" you get what I mean?
Not too positive part is not being sure about how things go and implying he's still in pain which,I think, has nothing to do with whether being selected for Worlds or not. There is no need to make fans worry just to shut up antis.

yude

Record Breaker
"in future" is also taken as "after this" or "from now on", but doesn't change the meaning of the whole sentence that much.

I think he just meant that he didn't know when he could come back to the competition in this season.

Weetos

Final Flight
"in future" is also taken as "after this" or "from now on", but doesn't change the meaning of the whole sentence that much.

I think he just meant that he didn't know when he could come back to the competition in this season.

Hearing 'the recovery time is as expected but I won't be recovered enough in time for Nationals' would be a lot more reassuring than that he's still in pain and working hard to recover :(

Imov

Medalist
For everyone missing him it is a natural feeling to worry.
But at this moment it is best to keep positive thoughts and believe in him.
If I remember correctly after CoR he said does not intend to retire.
He will be back, and even if it takes until 2019 as long as he achieves his dreams (4A and whatever his heart content is) it will be okay.
My mind has been a rollercoaster thinking about him, but since he is considering long term goals, it will take a long process.
So I guess this could be one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.