Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 130 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

yude

Record Breaker
No, it's OK. I deleted the first post because I had added more things to it. I tend to regret saying things that might upset others so preferred to delete it. I was actually looking for a way to close my account here but couldn't find any. Here, having Yuzu in your avatar is equal to being labeled as "crazy Hanyu fan". I can't bear this behavior. Let me see if I can find out how to close this account.

I understand how you feel because that was what I had felt in the past, too. I have finally gotten used to not posting in the Edge, but honestly it took some some time for it since I had been enjoying there for a long time. I really can't tell you what you should do or not do, but I'll be glad if you choose to stay here.

I understand how you feel because that was what I had felt in the past, too. I have finally gotten used to not posting in the Edge, but honestly it took some some time for it since I had been enjoying there for a long time. I really can't tell you what you should do or not do, but I'll be glad if you choose to stay here.

I apologize for making a fuss yesterday and thank you for your concerns. I guess if I want to talk about a technical issue that is related to Yuzu, I will post it here instead of posting in the edge :biggrin:

The summary of my thoughts on the similar base values of 4Lz, 4F and 4L:

1. Yes, bringing the BV of 4L in the range of 4Lz and 4F potentially benefits Yuzuru.

2. As SkatingIsLife had posted in the edge thread and no one takes notice, if both Yuzu and another skater make an error on jumps this can be a possible scenario:

4Lz (BV 11.00) 4Lz<< = BV 5.30 (3Lz) skaters loses 5.70 points of the BV
4F (BV 11.00) 4F<< = BV 5.30 (3F) skaters loses 5.70 points of the BV
4Lo (BV 11.00) 4Lo<< = BV 4.90 (3Lo) skaters loses 6.10 points of the BV

So, now we have to hold our breath when Yuzu does 4L with the same intensity that we do when he does a 4Lz :biggrin:

3. Again another poster, maybe Mathman, mentioned many times that the degree of difficulty of these jumps really depend on the skater and he is sure right. In contrast to what we are accused of, this crazy Hanyu fan actually puts on skates and does all these three jumps, not quads of course. From a personal viewpoint, Flipp is the easiest jump of all three. You get in with a 3-turn, edge naturally becomes inside, a subtle touch of toe pick and boom. On the other hand, Loop and Lutz have similar difficulties for me. Why? Because I swear Loop is jumped with one foot, the right one for most people, not two feet. I glide backward on the outside right edge, my left foot is crossed the right and almost hovering on the ice not touching it. The point is it really depends on a skater to favor one jump over the other. Hell, many skaters prefer quads over 3A.

4. Rules are changing every season, every time favoring a skater and disfavoring the other. It is ISU that is changing the rules, not the skaters, not their fans. At the end of the day, every skater has his/her own share of both advantages and disadvantages of these rules :confused2:

eaglehelang

Final Flight
Farnaz, dont have to bother abt those people at The Edge. This forum being an English forum, there's a lot of North American fans.

The equalization of points between 4L, 4F, 4Lutz is said as a response to Mishin's comment on Flip & Lutz. The ISU Tech Panel seems to think it's similar difficulty & said so.

This, plus the ISU VP admitting that the q rule was due to Russia Fed's complaint letter goes to show the current rule change is to appease Russia.

I doubt ISU cares one iota of what the fans think. They just want results which ultimately benefits them. Them, not the sport.

I do vaguely recall ex skaters saying 4Loop is the hardest jump. Though I only remember Max Ambesi saying so in recent times.

Interesting, I didn't know Mishin had commented on Flip & Lutz. Could you please let me know what was his opinion?

About loop you are right. Even, Nathan clearly said that "4L is scary" and he wouldn't pursue it anymore.

On a lighter note, aren't you guys excited for ISU streaming 2017 Men SP and FS in the next two days? I watched their stream of ladies and it was so nostalgic. I bet I will enjoy Men much better knowing how Yuzu will end it with absolute perfection :love:

CarolPooh

Rinkside
Sometimes, I do admit it. I think this is also why some Yuzuru fans have already left or feel reluctant to post on any thread. I also suspect some of the 'lumping us all in together' has to do with the fact that other fans resent and would like to ignore that it is only a lunatic fringe, no bigger a percentage of the whole than Chen's or Shoma's or any of the Russian girls... but that Yuzu is so popular worldwide that the lunatic fringe is actually bigger than the whole fandom for most of them.

But at least just take a break and think about it.

Absolutely. Yuzu's fan base is too large and diverse to be considered a single entity. Whenever I saw people singling out and attacking Yuzu fans, I just think:
1. Every fandom has extreme fans. They are just showing how Yuzu is so much more popular than other skaters
2. Yuzu always behaves appropriately so they could only attack his fans

On a lighter note, aren't you guys excited for ISU streaming 2017 Men SP and FS in the next two days? I watched their stream of ladies and it was so nostalgic. I bet I will enjoy Men much better knowing how Yuzu will end it with absolute perfection :love:

I am excited for FS but not sure if I have the stomach for SP haha.

eaglehelang

Final Flight

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I apologize for making a fuss yesterday and thank you for your concerns. I guess if I want to talk about a technical issue that is related to Yuzu, I will post it here instead of posting in the edge :biggrin:

That's okay, that's what this place is for :ghug:

And yes, 2017 Worlds this weekend! Mind you, it's in the wee hours of the morning, but I think I will have to stay up for the FS at least....

That's okay, that's what this place is for :ghug:

And yes, 2017 Worlds this weekend! Mind you, it's in the wee hours of the morning, but I think I will have to stay up for the FS at least....

2017 FS is so special for me. After the SP, I was sure he was going to come back and win it, so I was eagerly waiting for FS. Yuzu's turn was on Friday morning at 6:45 am EST and I didn't sleep at all from excitement and happiness. At 1 am I started watching "Howl's moving castle" which was a marvelous experience. It was my first time watching it. After that I was just playing its soundtrack and dancing around waiting for Yuzu's perfect skate. It was pure joy even if sounds crazy :biggrin:

yude

Record Breaker
2017 FS is so special for me. After the SP, I was sure he was going to come back and win it, so I was eagerly waiting for FS. Yuzu's turn was on Friday morning at 6:45 am EST and I didn't sleep at all from excitement and happiness. At 1 am I started watching "Howl's moving castle" which was a marvelous experience. It was my first time watching it. After that I was just playing its soundtrack and dancing around waiting for Yuzu's perfect skate. It was pure joy even if sounds crazy :biggrin:

The music of "Howl's moving castle" is amazing and I have always wanted Yuzuru to skate to its main theme :luv17:

It seems the stream of SP will start around 7 pm in Japan, but I am guessing it might be geoblocked (I hope not!).

yude

Record Breaker
About the rule of figure skating, I kind of gave up and have reached my own conclusion that those are all stated only on the papers and I can't trust the judging unless we have multiple camera angles for the judges and the audience, especially on deciding the deduction for pre-rotation/take off and under rotation. Because of the judging at AC 2019, I became a boring fan who can't join in the discussion :laugh: (but I like to read your thoughts, of course :))

The music of "Howl's moving castle" is amazing and I have always wanted Yuzuru to skate to its main theme :luv17:

It seems the stream of SP will start around 7 pm in Japan, but I am guessing it might be geoblocked (I hope not!).

Oh, I love Jo Hisaishi's music. "Howl's moving castle" and "Mononoke hime" are my favorites :love:

FayD

spring will come 🌸
On the Ice
Just dropping by to say you guys are awesome and this forum needs you around. A lot of people here just love to be passive aggressive about Yuzu and bait his fans into fights. Don't give them attention. :)

Anyway, can't wait to watch his performances in Helsinki again this weekend. :love: Watching Hope&Legacy still makes me cry sometimes. What a hard fought, career defining moment that was after the disappointment and heartbreak of Shanghai and Boston.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just dropping by to say you guys are awesome and this forum needs you around. A lot of people here just love to be passive aggressive about Yuzu and bait his fans into fights. Don't give them attention. :)

Anyway, can't wait to watch his performances in Helsinki again this weekend. :love: Watching Hope&Legacy still makes me cry sometimes. What a hard fought, career defining moment that was after the disappointment and heartbreak of Shanghai and Boston.

Thank you for coming. Yes, that Hope and Legacy touches people so deeply....

I found this twitter thread matching various Yuzu programs with stunning tiaras and crowns. Two things I love together. https://twitter.com/flowerforyuzu/status/1260475719148240897

Love it!