Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thank you both! He is clearly very fond of her.

That unshadowed smile is lovely to see.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Almost the same, granted it is not a complicated costume to replicate

It's quite a flattering one, even if only Yuzu can look like THAT in it (I still mourn the leather, thogh we know why it had to go). Mind you the mind boggles at an ice show costume being copied (I notice Doryzu hasn't had that honour, surprise surprise) but Masquerade had such a massive reaction from fans everywhere, I guess it was only a matter of time....

ankifeather

Final Flight
It's quite a flattering one, even if only Yuzu can look like THAT in it (I still mourn the leather, thogh we know why it had to go). Mind you the mind boggles at an ice show costume being copied (I notice Doryzu hasn't had that honour, surprise surprise) but Masquerade had such a massive reaction from fans everywhere, I guess it was only a matter of time....

Well I recall seeing a men (not women!) gymnastic team used a replica of Yuzu's Romeo & Juliet 2 pink frill costume (unfortunately I just can't find that picture anymore), so you never know where Doryuzu may pop up one day....

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Well I recall seeing a men (not women!) gymnastic team used a replica of Yuzu's Romeo & Juliet 2 pink frill costume (unfortunately I just can't find that picture anymore), so you never know where Doryuzu may pop up one day....

I actually think that costume may look good on a rhythmic gymnastic team!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaOVzOyb2nk A TV segment that discusses the 'Golden Age' of Japanese athletes. Those born in 1994 have gone on to win gold and set records in the world of sports, Yuzu is in this group.

Yuzu and Shohei come first of course :biggrin: and don;t you love seeing them on stage together, such a huge contrast but both quite lovable...

That was a good year for Japanese sports fans even if they had to wait to find out :laugh:

Danibellerika

Medalist
Interesting, I used to think it was Hawaii, it is like mini Japan there

Hawaii probably has a lot because of proximity, and it's an extremely popular vacation spot.

I think Japanese all over the world would be aware of him... and he's very easy to fall in love with.

But it would be lovely if skating did start becoming more popular there (I am hoping that the 4CC allotted to Sydney may help it here, and if Yuzu comes, trailing Japanese fans and Poohvalanches, it should make the news :biggrin: )

Oh they are!

I just checked online after ur msg was posted. It’s a fun fact that I didn’t. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah when I was watching the Rio Olympics, during the opening ceremony Japan was met with a huge cheer and the commentators noted that it was because there are a lot of Japanese people living there, the most outside of Japan. That random piece of info stuck with me for some reason :laugh:.

Today at "Nanoporous Materials and Their Application" conference:

Me: Where are you from?
First year female grad student (her): Korea.
Me: Land of Yuna Kim.
Her: Well, I don't follow skating that much.
Me :)sarcasm:) Yuzuru Hanyu?
Her: :dbana:
Me: Are you a fan?
Her: You know the answer :biggrin:

Imov

Medalist
Today at "Nanoporous Materials and Their Application" conference:

Me: Where are you from?
First year female grad student (her): Korea.
Me: Land of Yuna Kim.
Her: Well, I don't follow skating that much.
Me :)sarcasm:) Yuzuru Hanyu?
Her: :dbana:
Me: Are you a fan?
Her: You know the answer :biggrin:

The conference probably got more interesting.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hi guys, what is this tweet about?

悪徳企業が羽生さんのお名前を商品登録しようと思って、ちゅうごくファンみんながその怒りと焦りの中でどうすればいいんだ?とみんなウェイボで検討してた。
その結果ANAさんから力強く「事情は承知しました。これから皆さまと一緒に羽生選手を見守ってます」となんていう安心感😭ありがとうございます

Google translate: What should all the fans do in the anger and impatience when a vicious company wants to register Hanyu's name as a product? And everyone was studying on Weibo. As a result, Mr. ANA strongly said, “I understand the situation. I am watching over Hanyu players together.” 😭 Thank you

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
悪徳企業が羽生さんのお名前を商品登録しようと思って、ちゅうごくファンみんながその怒りと焦りの中でどうすればいいんだ?とみんなウェイボで検討してた。
その結果ANAさんから力強く「事情は承知しました。これから皆さまと一緒に羽生選手を見守ってます」となんていう安心感��ありがとうございます

"All the Chinese fans were discussing on Weibo what to do with their anger and impatience about the corrupt enterprise trying to register Mr. Hanyu's name as a product.
As a result, ANA made a strong statement saying, "We are aware of the incident. We will be watching over Mr. Hanyu along with all of you." What a relief. �� Thank you."