posters in anime --- ✔
watches --- ✔
stamps --- ✔
chocolate --- ✔
pillows --- ✔
programs --- :coffee:

Shedi0806

On the Ice
No media day, but lots of media coverage.
I just saw that there will be another set of Yuzu stamps as well as a tiny charm of Yuzu's Seimei costume that can soon be ordered from the Japan Post office https://twitter.com/norakuro008/status/1166915873094811649?s=20

And some special Lotte chocolate bars with Yuzu on the wrapping can soon be ordered from Lotte. (though...WHY did they put that terrible costume on him. I weep at the waste of a good photo opportunity.) http://img.lotte-shop.jp/ghod1909.html

I love it when custome designers make these hideous pieces for the prettiest people. They try hard but not hard enough to make them less good-looking. :biggrin:

I loved the oversized, white sweater, though, with the red scarf.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yuzu in white sweater with chocolate... heavenly. Yuzu in grey jammies... adorable. Yuzu all cool and commanding with classy watch... wow.

Yuzu in rococopinkandgoldonsteroids... no. Nononononononono. I didn't see it, and you can't make me believe I did.

ankifeather

Final Flight
Yuzu in white sweater with chocolate... heavenly. Yuzu in grey jammies... adorable. Yuzu all cool and commanding with classy watch... wow.

Yuzu in rococopinkandgoldonsteroids... no. Nononononononono. I didn't see it, and you can't make me believe I did.

Don't fret, Citizen has just come to your rescue by releasing their next level of destructive weapon - video of giggling Yuzuru speaking messages to fans in Chinese!

(this one is different message to the one that got leaked and then deleted last week, so I think we can assume Citizen still has a couple of videos coming soon:hap10:)

http://t.cn/Ai8giRox?m=4410977988498385&u=2030123513

EDIT: The new video of Yuzu hugging Pillow case released by Nishikawa is equally cute and destructive! he has just the killer smile:luv17:

http://www.facebook.com/tokyonishikawa/videos/749724142151435/

OK, in the sponsors battle today, Lotte really lost :laugh2:

DVD --- ✔
posters in anime --- ✔
watches --- ✔
stamps --- ✔
chocolate --- ✔
pillows --- ✔
programs --- :coffee:

Yuzu's sponsors: "Give me money first!" (haha just joking)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Autumn classic is only a few weeks away and yet no word. But thanks for many advertisements. :palmf: Seeing Yuzu's face on all these promotions is lovely too.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Autumn classic is only a few weeks away and yet no word. But thanks for many advertisements. :palmf: Seeing Yuzu's face on all these promotions is lovely too.

It's been less of a drought this year. But oh, Yuzuru, your faithful want to know - can't you just give a hint?????

ankifeather

Final Flight

Given Autumn Classics is soon already, I actually would like to see just how close to the actual competition he can keep his music choices under-wrap to test the ultimate limits of his Ninja skills :devil:

And yes thanks to his sponsors keeping us entertained in the time being. Citizen re-released the first leaked Chinese message video, now you can listen both together https://twitter.com/ne8787ne/status/1167317544392216578?s=19

firal

Record Breaker
Now I'm leaning towards guessing that he is keeping both programs, and will not make an announcement but just let it be known during practice at Autumn Classic. ( Probably will be proven wrong soon) :laugh:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Now I'm leaning towards guessing that he is keeping both programs, and will not make an announcement but just let it be known during practice at Autumn Classic. ( Probably will be proven wrong soon) :laugh:

I shouldn't be surprised... on the other hand, this is Yuzu, so all bets are off till we see it.

Will he give us new costumes (and how do you improve on the Origin one???)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow, I usually love the costumes everyone else hates, but that pink thing is... wow.

Also, say hello to Jessica Lin's Hope and Legacy tribute from the JGP tonight!

Jessica was really wearing her heart on her spangled sleeve, wasn't she? Like I said, it's brave for a little junior to try such an obvious tribute to the Greatest Skate Of All Time knowing how her audience will be remembering it as she does... I'm so glad she did well (and hope Yuzuru gets to see it, like that tiny boy in the Novice Bs just recently, and the grandfather from, I think Hong Kong? - just so he knows he is inspiring people of all ages)

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Jessica was really wearing her heart on her spangled sleeve, wasn't she? Like I said, it's brave for a little junior to try such an obvious tribute to the Greatest Skate Of All Time knowing how her audience will be remembering it as she does... I'm so glad she did well (and hope Yuzuru gets to see it, like that tiny boy in the Novice Bs just recently, and the grandfather from, I think Hong Kong? - just so he knows he is inspiring people of all ages)

Even braver considering that she's American and will probably be considered unpatriotic by a few loudmouths who can't stand it when a fellow country(wo)man likes anything that isn't American. :rolleye:

CarolPooh

Rinkside

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's cute to see little skaters paying tribute to Yuzu but I am worried about her music. Didn't Yuzu have to get Joe Hisaishi's approval to use and edit the music? Or is it OK that her music cut is similar to Yuzu? I remember Kevin Reynolds had to change music in the mid season last year because he didn't have Hisaishi's approval.

Her cut is similar but not exact... maybe they got permission, or maybe even if Joe Hisaichi learns, he will look more kindly on a young girl in a relatively minor competition doing an unabashed tribute to a Japanese hero...

And isn't there someone skating to Howl's Moving Castle this year as well?

yude

Record Breaker
And isn't there someone skating to Howl's Moving Castle this year as well?

I wonder who, because I LOVE the music of Howl's and want to see :luv17:

"I just wanna say that after winning two Olympic gold medals in a row, we are so lucky that Yuzuru continues to compete and improve himself and push the sport forward. Already a legend and yet he keeps giving back and inspiring young skaters."

https://twitter.com/Timkoleto/status/1167984126936248325

:agree:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wonder who, because I LOVE the music of Howl's and want to see :luv17:

"I just wanna say that after winning two Olympic gold medals in a row, we are so lucky that Yuzuru continues to compete and improve himself and push the sport forward. Already a legend and yet he keeps giving back and inspiring young skaters."

https://twitter.com/Timkoleto/status/1167984126936248325

:agree:

How lovely of Tim! And it's so true, he is inspiring skaters both competitive and general, young and old...

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Heh, Lin's Hanyu tribute has 5700+ views, the most of any of the free skates other than the medalists.

Well, I'm slow and it only just occurred to me yesterday that Shin's FS was also in its way a Yuzu tribute, being Rota's R&J.... we know Yuzu is one of his idols.

yude

Record Breaker
Today, JSF board meeting was held and they released some information about the skaters, but of course nothing for Yuzuru :laugh: