Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021 | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2019-2021

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's a national broadcast so it should be on iSakura.

Yay! Will renew my little three day pass for Yuzu (by the way, I believe you told me about it in the first place a million and three thanks, it has been a blessing during the ice show season :thank: )

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
His graceful, respectful touch with all these people young and old who are so thrilled just to see him is really something....

Interspectator

Record Breaker
And the Hokkaido ハスカップ agriculture is going to get a great boost I think. Yuzu was glowing in his praise of the taste of the fruit. (I've never seen this fruit or berry before)

Also, Yuzu and kids, Yuzu and cat! All the best footage.
I love how the little girl wasn't shy and talked with Yuzu naturally, from the little clip I could see. That's nice.

It was such a moving performance by everyone. The brass band, Yuming, the pianist and Yuzu was like a dream on the ice.

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That... just showed how unique and special Yuzuru is, and what he means even apart from his glorious skating and artistry (the scenes with the ordinary people he so obviously cares about... and yes, the cat :luv17:. Yuzu and cats...).

I was nearly in tears seeing it, and the singer and audience definitely were.

PS...
And the Hokkaido ハスカップ agriculture is going to get a great boost I think. Yuzu was glowing in his praise of the taste of the fruit. (I've never seen this fruit or berry before)

It looks and sounds very nice...

ankifeather

Final Flight

yude

Record Breaker
I was watching the performance and people's reaction on Twitter until now :laugh:

Yuzuru was BEAUTIFUL :luv17: I hope "every." will give us better version with no commentary next week, hopefully including longer footage of his meeting people in Hokkaido. (Am I too greedy? :biggrin:)

ankifeather

Final Flight
So no part on Mami sensei anymore...I was hoping they will show more. And really, NTV owe us a full version of tonight's HYK without any cutting, it is too good to see only parts of it

yude

Record Breaker
Short summary of Yuzuru's segment in 24hr TV

The earthquake with an intensity of seven hit the east of Iburi, Hokkaido on September 6, 2018. 44 people were killed by the landslides and so on.

Yuzuru went to Atsuma-cho in June, "I realize again it was wide area (was affected), (the damages of landslides) are everywhere".(says in the car)

(looking at the land affected) "The fragment of their lives are shown, and those kind of things are lost instantly. I can't help associating it with tsunami. It makes me painful, really."

Yuzuru visited Mr. Yamguchi, who cultivates Lonicera caerulea (ハスカップ). His family has been doing the job for 40 years. Yuzuru ate the fruit, "It's good, it's already good, very good. The taste is not like sour, it spreads in the mouth in fresh. It's easy to eat. It's good, thank you very much".

The trees of Lonicera caerulea are gone because of the landslides, and it will take about 10 years to get all back. Mr. Yamaguchi said he had nothing but despair when he first saw the damaged land, there were more than 40,000 trees in the town, but about 11,000 were lost.

Yuming saw the brass band, its members were office workers, teacher at junior high school, high school student, etc. Mr. Matsushita, the conductor of the band passed away with his son in the landslide. The members felt hopeless without him and were even thinking of breaking up, but they became active again 3 months after. They said crying they wanted to go back to the time before the earthquake, and Yuming said in tears she wrote this song 24 years ago, wrote it thinking that she wanted and wished to see the person she could not see again. She said she didn't care about the quality of the sound by the band, but their heart because the music was the heart.

Time is up! I hope the whole translation will come :)

Imov

Medalist
The 24hr TV segment was so short but seeing him interact with people is so light on the eyes.
I bet Yuzu is amazed everyday how much people are are fascinated with him.
While in his mind, he is just a skater from Sendai.
Sure he got 2 OGM's which he himself finds cool, but the devout following he probably wonders a lot.

Well we all can't help but admire this selfless man in the midst of this selfish world. Now I'm emo before ACI.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
So no part on Mami sensei anymore...I was hoping they will show more. And really, NTV owe us a full version of tonight's HYK without any cutting, it is too good to see only parts of it

Hopefully they will air more clips sometime soon. (they usually do add stuff that didn't fit in the initial 24hrTV show.)

EDIT: They just aired the complete performance from a different angle plus some new footage. Hooray.
Waiting for the full link to be uploaded.

Last edited: