Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 255 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Wow, he should be given an honoris causa PhD just for being a multidisciplinary inspiration to so many young scientists and researchers :clap:
I understand that he's encompassing a Master's Degree (without a date), unless it's his parents who are advising him to do so, and of course, his Degree thesis having been considered worthy of a very good Master's thesis, it would certainly not be too hard for him, he's more likely to lack time than anything else. Then... I wonder if some day we won't have a Dr Hanyu, not honoris causa. (I don't know how Dr Tatsuki Machida would take it, though.)

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Yuzuru Hanyu is an exceptional Sendai Tourism ambassador, here are the views for his latest video promoting the city (with a little mistake : the daily views are the diagram, their axis is to the right; while the cumulated views are on the graph, their axis is to the left, in tens of thousands as is usual in Japan, India and other countries), we can note the surge at the beginning of April:
https://twitter.com/15bijyu15/status/1778206173868752991

Here's the video itself:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
We are all a bit under the impression of a "loss", now that RE_PRAY is finished and there's "only" Fantasy on Ice Tour A to look forward to.
Not yet! RE_PRAY in Miyagi Day 2 will be in many Japanese movie theatres in delayed viewing, on 13th at 4pm.
Tickets general sales are until tomorrow/today 12th at 12 (I think it's Noon?), afterwards I suppose that any free seat will be bookable at the venues as usual:
https://twitter.com/LVJ_culture/status/1778347258016317939

In some of these movie theatres, as an experiment, there will be 5.1ch sound, but it could be changed:
https://twitter.com/repray_icestory/status/1774980069632471094

Magill

Record Breaker
I understand that he's encompassing a Master's Degree (without a date), unless it's his parents who are advising him to do so, and of course, his Degree thesis having been considered worthy of a very good Master's thesis, it would certainly not be too hard for him, he's more likely to lack time than anything else. Then... I wonder if some day we won't have a Dr Hanyu, not honoris causa. (I don't know how Dr Tatsuki Machida would take it, though.)
Oh, I don't doubt he could make a PhD on his own if it was his ambition and he had time for that. But this is a way to recognize his own work, and not the way he's influencing others in so many different fields. This is what honorary degrees are for, I think. Was a bit of a smiley anyway ;)

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Oh, I don't doubt he could make a PhD on his own if it was his ambition and he had time for that. But this is a way to recognize his own work, and not the way he's influencing others in so many different fields. This is what honorary degrees are for, I think. Was a bit of a smiley anyway ;)
After all, in a few months he will be twice the minimum age to be a Doctor Honoris Causa: