Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 257 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Today is the anniversary of the first show Yuzuru produced, Continues With Wings! I must dog out my video and watch it... even then (and, due to the ankle injury that was such a worry at PC, without major jumps) he was showing a rare talent for putting together a work that was special, a cut above...

Magill

Record Breaker
Today is the anniversary of the first show Yuzuru produced, Continues With Wings! I must dog out my video and watch it... even then (and, due to the ankle injury that was such a worry at PC, without major jumps) he was showing a rare talent for putting together a work that was special, a cut above...

Here is some TV coverage / footage from "Continues with Wings". Thank you for reminding us! It's so sentimental to see Yuzu so young and some of these former stars you do not see in shows these days. Yuzu is so cute with these kids, mind you!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Rewatching COiNTU, one of the things I am struck by (besides the amazing way he reworked the programs to allow for the post-PC no jumping ankle-induced edict, how beautiful and amazing they were without the triples and quads, I guess some skaters are just more than the tech, yes? oh, and the fact that he still fitted into his costumes from 2012! - I wonder if he still does now?) was the way even then he was able to talk, even chat so naturally and so appealingly to his big audience, making it feel like he was talking to each person. It's a gift, along with all his others, and in recent shows we can see how he's developed it so that the connection between Yuzu and his audience is so warm and real.

Magill

Record Breaker
Rewatching COiNTU, one of the things I am struck by (besides the amazing way he reworked the programs to allow for the post-PC no jumping ankle-induced edict, how beautiful and amazing they were without the triples and quads, I guess some skaters are just more than the tech, yes? oh, and the fact that he still fitted into his costumes from 2012! - I wonder if he still does now?) was the way even then he was able to talk, even chat so naturally and so appealingly to his big audience, making it feel like he was talking to each person. It's a gift, along with all his others, and in recent shows we can see how he's developed it so that the connection between Yuzu and his audience is so warm and real.
To reminisce even more, here's Parisienne Walkways from COiNTU on an injured ankle, no jumps and a costume from a different programme. Still iconic! :love:

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
After the delayed viewing in Japanese movie theatres, Yuzuru Hanyu sent a message to his fans (Deepl translation):
https://twitter.com/YUZURUofficial_/status/1779105650074874160?ref_url=

"How was "RE_PRAY←"?
Thanks to all of you, we were able to complete the event without incident!
Thanks to the people who helped shape the story together, the people at each venue, and most of all...................,
And most of all...,
I would like to thank all the players who played the game,
Thank you very much!"

Magill

Record Breaker
Now Yuzu posted also on his official Instagram
Translation of the part in Japanese by DeepL:
"The "RE_PRAY←" TOUR has been completed!
I feel sad when I think that I have to say goodbye to these sets, images and stories, or that I won't be able to see the scenes from that time anymore.
It feels like a miracle that we were able to create so many memories and receive the thoughts and feelings of all the players.
Thank you all so much for everything! 🎮🧊📗
We will continue to do our best!
Thank you for your support
!"

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
His tour-ending message was #127 on his account (I haven't checked), and today's message from RE_PRAY account was #127 (he was born on December 7th).
Plus, his latest message was posted at 8:13, and his Youtube video for members was 8min13 long. RE_PRAY had 8 shows, with 13 programs (Prologue had 11 programs, GIFT had 12).
And let's not forget that his message this morning on Twitter was 1min11 long, as often.
https://twitter.com/kitsunekumomo/status/1779160328003371419?ref_url=