Yuzuru Hanyu | Page 262 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu

Magill

Record Breaker
And one of his peerless 3As

Yeah, it all reminds us how much strength it really requires to make everything appear so gentle, light and effortless on the ice. True power of a flower :love: It reminds me also about what one of the guys who used to lift him and carry around on the ice and backstage shared once. He was actually surprised to discover that Yuzu's pure muscle mass made him actually heavier than he appeared, not light as a feather after all, just slim and flexible like a reed ... :)

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I will see what I can provide :biggrin:

(apparently he has never been seen in shorts before, and those thighs are... wow)

He had never been seen in short, but there had been this "infamous" photo with Evgueni Pushenko in Sex Bomb costume, then much more recently (I think that he was already a professional skater but I don't manage to remember when it was) a snippet of practice where he had rolled up his training pants over the knees. Yet, I think that many have fainted, watching this behind-the-scenes report.
The weight plate is 18kg and there's certainly a precise goal to these particular lifts.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Oh, and a reminder of one of his firsts, this rime in 2017...

I didn't remember this World first, so I believe that it wasn't in Wikipedia yet, but it was:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_Yuzuru_Hanyu
It's not that I imagine that Henni147 may have not noticed it, it's that there's a number of his "first in the World" achievements that have not been reported by a "secondary source", therefore aren't mentioned in Wikipedia. For instance, he was the youngest ever Four Continents medallist with his Silver at 16 in 2011, yet it wasn't reported by media during all his competitive career.

Magill

Record Breaker
Sarah Sohma has opened a thread of the News Every behind-the-scenes documentary with subtitles, here are the two first parts:
https://twitter.com/sarah_sohma/status/1781992259556458935?ref_url=

https://twitter.com/sarah_sohma/status/1781997231673086012?ref_url=

Thank you so much, that's awesome to understand what they say :)
I must say I was surprised he was training that hard between the performances within the same show. I wonder if that's what he's doing backstage during Re-Pray too. I always imagined he was just changing costumes and having a little "rest" , and then maybe a sec warmup, but it seems not necessarily so as I think he has rather transferred his solo show backstage routines and experience to Notte Stellata. Oh, my...

Magill

Record Breaker
Another anniversary today. 2nd Yuzuru parade in Sendai celebrating his 2nd OGM gathered more than 100 000 people on the streets 6 years ago to the day. The city's income was estimated at USD 16M on this event. Here's a short clip (please click on the Insta to make it run):

and some pics

Last edited:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Another anniversary today. 2nd Yuzuru parade in Sendai celebrating his 2nd OGM gathered more than 100 000 people on the streets 6 years ago to the day. The city's income was estimated at USD 16M on this event. Here's a short clip (please click on the Insta to make it run):

and some pics

That was truly an amazing response from his city and province. Also amazing how Yuzu's appearances still make so much money for the places he goes...

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Thank you so much, that's awesome to understand what they say :)
I must say I was surprised he was training that hard between the performances within the same show. I wonder if that's what he's doing backstage during Re-Pray too. I always imagined he was just changing costumes and having a little "rest" , and then maybe a sec warmup, but it seems not necessarily so as I think he has rather transferred his solo show backstage routines and experience to Notte Stellata. Oh, my...
That's how I understand it, he now trains backstage between his on-ice live appearances, with a particular routine.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
That was truly an amazing response from his city and province. Also amazing how Yuzu's appearances still make so much money for the places he goes...
There were already fans from all over the World, and some, like YuzuSorbet, reported on how moved they were by Sendai people's kindness, including at the rink which they visited during a public skating session, but there were some courses on part of the rink.
I think that the Sochi Parade crowd was mostly local, as had been Suzuki Arakawa's, but the PyeongChang one was already international, with of course a majority of Japanese fans.
https://twitter.com/sportsmatik/status/1782276808408244316?ref_url=

Magill

Record Breaker
There were already fans from all over the World, and some, like YuzuSorbet, reported on how moved they were by Sendai people's kindness, including at the rink which they visited during a public skating session, but there were some courses on part of the rink.
I think that the Sochi Parade crowd was mostly local, as had been Suzuki Arakawa's, but the PyeongChang one was already international, with of course a majority of Japanese fans.
https://twitter.com/sportsmatik/status/1782276808408244316?ref_url=
Here's a short clip from that day 6 years ago on YT:

and here's full TV coverage of the event: