2014 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate 11/29 | Page 27 | Golden Skate

2014 NHK Trophy Mens Free Skate 11/29

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well I hope people will not judge Jeremy just because of some trivial tweet. He is surely just trying to be positive here.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Well I hope people will not judge Jeremy just because of some trivial tweet. He is surely just trying to be positive here.

Ill judge him for trying to be positive. He should be trying to be realistic here. There comes a point where staying positive can come across as denial.

He needs a pro circuit. He would be so great to see on something like Ice Wars.

IcyEdges

Match Penalty
Yeah, not sure what he is all that happy about. He talks like his is 19 not 29. Well Nationals should be interesting.

He's making a lot of changes in his technical retooling and such. It's a big deal, and he is right to be happy with himself.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Ill judge him for trying to be positive. He should be trying to be realistic here. There comes a point where staying positive can come across as denial.
He needs a pro circuit. He would be so great to see on something like Ice Wars.
Well... If he truly feels content with himself today then who are we to judge??

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
How did someone who has been around as long as Abbott get that -1 deduction?

You're forgetting this is the man who had to bailed out by the crowd counting him down last season - when it was a minute. I'm actually a little surprised it's taken him this long to get a time violation this season...

I wake up to see that once again this thread has turned into all about flipping Hanyu...

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Come on, fess up.

Which of you enjoyed this weekend's British Eurosport commentary so much, that they went onto eBay and bought this item 3 hours ago???!!! :shocked:

Suffice to say, it wasn't me! (Although, I did buy 2 other items from the same seller).

CaroLiza_fan

BUSTED!!! You GS detectives were too quick for me.:slink:

As if ... not only was her commentary excessively negative, her voice tone is very unpleasantly nasal to my ears.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
(Yuzuru is 19, Han Yan and Fariss are 18) i

Actually, Joshua is 19, and will be twenty in January. He's only a few weeks younger than both Jason and Hanyu, though it seems, since he actually skipped competitions and took time off to let his body heal in spite of this being a hugely important season for him, he's a lot smarter than Hanyu.

I didn't see Josh skate what happened to his jumps? He is usually a strong jumper. In fact i've always wished that Jason had Josh's jumps because they are usually so big especially the 3 axel.

What was wrong with Joshua? Is he still injured?

My guess is a confidence issue. Of course, I don't know for sure, but we're talking about somebody who already has very low self-confidence, then taking several hard falls...

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Well... If he truly feels content with himself today then who are we to judge??

Internet fans that is who we are!

Or rather we are the target of his social media i.e. a tool of his profession that in this case I feel was misused. He (or his handlers) made the decision to send it out to the fans, i feel the fans are free to like, dislike, agree and/or disagree as we see fit.

I mean. . . I still plan on watching his exhibition, not liking it/agreeing with it really does not mean that much.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
Oh the drama these days in the men's - never a dull moment on the ice and on the forum. My fav skates were Jeremy and Balde:love: - both in program content & music.

centerpt1

On the Ice
Yeah, not sure what he is all that happy about. He talks like his is 19 not 29. Well Nationals should be interesting.

Jeremy re-worked his skating technique in late summer (apparently to decrease the pain he has had for years). I think it was crazy for a 29 y/o to re-work things after so many years....but apparently it was something he believed in and from his tweets helped him skate with less pain.

But haters never bother to get the facts, they make up meaning that isn't there.

It was a beautiful skate despite the errors. And it was an improvement over SA.

He needs the quads, step levels and spin levels to bring the score up. Pretty sure he knows that.

He has also lost the "deer in the headlights " look, and seems secure and calm competing this season.

Last edited:

wordsworthgirl

Medalist
My guess is a confidence issue. Of course, I don't know for sure, but we're talking about somebody who already has very low self-confidence, then taking several hard falls...[/QUOTE]

Karne, can you elaborate on Josh's confidence issues? What is the evidence for this? I want to help him with his confidence. He is such an extraordinary talent!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
My guess is a confidence issue. Of course, I don't know for sure, but we're talking about somebody who already has very low self-confidence, then taking several hard falls...

Karne, can you elaborate on Josh's confidence issues? What is the evidence for this? I want to help him with his confidence. He is such an extraordinary talent![/QUOTE]

I think Jason had one of the most telling quotes on this one, from the IceNetwork Double Interview of Cute, where they were asked to name one thing they would fix about the other, and Jason's answer was that he would tell Josh not to be so down on himself all the time. He's very introverted and apparently quite shy when approached in real life, and doesn't seem to believe in his own talent.

He also admitted last year that one of the things that tripped him up was that he spent so much time over the summer detailing and then redetailing his choreography, focusing so much on that that everything suffered a little. So I think he's got a little of Max's problem, beating himself up when everything's not going right. Just the way Damon said to him, "Don't beat yourself up too bad" after the SP spoke volumes.

Last edited:

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Nice competition in men. My favourite programs were by far Eladj Balde and Sergei Voronov. Congratulations to Murakami, I was not impressed but he was good enough to win. Great skating!

But I was struck how could Jeremy score 59.59 in TES vs Eladj Tes =72.15 end up with GOE and interpretation to 148.14 for Jeremy and 145 for Eladj. I know Jeremy is a wonderful skater, but Balde had a beautiful, more difficult program, skated very well. This judges are so far away, almost penal. How can this be possible?

Last edited: