Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 294 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

starlight97

Final Flight
After hearing how difficult it is to fix wrong technique once you've been using it for so long, I'm especially impressed by the fact that she seemingly fixed her edge!
I guess it's probable that she won't land the Lutz as consistently as she used to, at least in the beginning, but if she can get used to doing it like that she will have lost the only big weakness I used to see in her skating.
Her other jumps are technically fine, she just needs to regain her consistency on them.

I simply hope that she will be rewarded for her efforts! It will be anything but easy competing with all these girls and I'm scared and fascinated at the same time regarding what Liza will bring, but Yulia brought me (and as I read here many others) to the world of figure skating and she'll always be the one for whom I'll be cheering :cheer:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
That lutz is great :) She is trying really hard, it is very difficult to fix your jumps technique at her age. Btw, will she improve her axel technique?Of course she can land 2A but technique is not perfect. And if she can fix her lutz like that why not axel.

Meoima

Match Penalty
As I have said she's just 16 not 29, it's totally possible for her to fix it. My girl is doing it right. Keep trying!!

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
One good jump does not yet make a mastered technique, but it's great to see Julia working hard to recover and improve. :clap: This Lutz has already all the effortless flow that makes her skating so fascinating to watch. Beside Liza's awesome 3A I can't imagine anything better for the next season than a powerful comeback of Julia Lipnitskaia in old (or new!) strength. :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It looks like she has changed her entrance into the lutz which might help with the flip too. She always seemed to use the same entrance into both jumps which likely contributed to the edge issues she had. I can see how it would be confusing to not only her mind but also to her muscle memory. Maybe now she'll have two distinct ways of entering these jumps giving her a better overall technique.

It's true she isn't completely cured until we see it in action during competition but at least she appears to be working hard and showing us that she is true to her word.

I was actually a bit surprised to see the flip messing her up starting in Sochi. I actually like her flip and felt she had really good air position. Saying prayers everyday for this girl! :yes:

Last edited:

borzaya

Final Flight
:bang: :bang: :bang:

These stinking journalists. Again. One of the Russian media published some parts of Yulia's Q&A (without asking for any permission, of course!), making it look like some interview, and even altered some phrases... I doubt that Yulia will feel like answering questions again in the nearest future :scowl: And the admins of that group say, that the group will be made closed, available only by special registration...

borzaya

Final Flight
These stinking journalists. Again. One of the Russian media published some parts of Yulia's Q&A (without asking for any permission, of course!), making it look like some interview, and even altered some phrases... I doubt that Yulia will feel like answering questions again in the nearest future :scowl: And the admins of that group say, that the group will be made closed, available only by special registration...

I was mistaken about Yulia's reaction, though. I don't know what they are going to do concerning journalists, but Yulia is obviously not going to make us fans suffer because of them. :clap: She is answering again! :dance:

borzaya

Final Flight
A bit of today's answers -

Q: Which fruits do you like best?
A: In winter - tangerines, in summer - sweet cherry, in autumn - watermelons.

Q: Have you watched the movie "Hunger Games"? It seems to me that the main character is very interesting, it could be used in one of the programs...
A: No, not my cup of tea...

Q: Have you ever been to McDonalds to have a meal (if not, do you want to)?
A: Haven't been there for about 2 years, but before I used to go there rather often.

Q: What of the toys and presents that people throw on the ice was most memorable?
A: The Olympic bear taller than me, and of the same weight as me)))

Q: Have you ever played football (soccer)? If not, would you like to? Do you watch Russian or foreign football?
A: No, I think I'll abstain from football...

Q: Have you seen the "Titanic" and do you believe in such a love that was between the characters in it?
A: I believe in such love, but I can't say I liked the movie too much...

Q: Can you cook julienne?
A: If I have a recipe at hand, I think I can...

Q: How did you like the Seychelles?
A: It's beautiful there, but very boring...

Q: How do you choose presents for your friends' birthdays, do you like to make surprises?
A: I ask them directly what they would like to get as a present, if they don't say, I buy smth which I would buy for myself...

Imagine

Medalist
Ok , please raise your hands those who have seen the yulias lutz more than 5 - 10 tim

Definitely over 10...not sure exactly how many times though. Arrrrgggh! Yulia....please learn to upload full length videos...the tease is too great :drama:

Here's another effort...Yulia doing Mulan :slink:

Alba

Record Breaker
Btw, will she improve her axel technique?Of course she can land 2A but technique is not perfect. And if she can fix her lutz like that why not axel.

I don't think so. Honestly though, as long as she adds a 3+2 to her 2A, I'm fine with her technique. :biggrin:

After hearing how difficult it is to fix wrong technique once you've been using it for so long, I'm especially impressed by the fact that she seemingly fixed her edge!
I guess it's probable that she won't land the Lutz as consistently as she used to, at least in the beginning, but if she can get used to doing it like that she will have lost the only big weakness I used to see in her skating.
Her other jumps are technically fine, she just needs to regain her consistency on them.

It is going to be difficult. This is one video and is in training. It's a very different thing to execute jumps correctly as well as being consistent when you are competing, when you have used a different technique for such a long time. The pressure is high in those moments and skaters tend to switch back to "old habits" because they feel more confortable. She will need time but Meoima is right, she is young and she is determined. ;)

@Unite: Thank you very much for your videos. :)I enjoyed them. :thumbsup::yes:

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Q: Have you seen the "Titanic" and do you believe in such a love that was between the characters in it?
A: I believe in such love, but I can't say I liked the movie too much...

:agree:

Q: How did you like the Seychelles?
A: It's beautiful there, but very boring...

:laugh:

Q: How do you choose presents for your friends' birthdays, do you like to make surprises?
A: I ask them directly what they would like to get as a present, if they don't say, I buy smth which I would buy for myself...

100% me! I do the same. :biggrin: I also like to be asked, unless there are those who knows very well my taste and what I like. ;)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Definitely over 10...not sure exactly how many times though. Arrrrgggh! Yulia....please learn to upload full length videos...the tease is too great :drama:

These videos are great!! Thank you so much this :points:

alebi

Medalist
It is going to be difficult. This is one video and is in training. It's a very different thing to execute jumps correctly as well as being consistent when you are competing, when you have used a different technique for such a long time. The pressure is high in those moments and skaters tend to switch back to "old habits" because they feel more confortable.

I totally agree with you, it's the same when you watch skaters doing effortless quads during training but not during competitions. BTW it's a relief to see how much she's trying to improve and to know that she spent the "forced" time away from competitions in a useful way. Give her the right time and she'll master the new technique :points:

A dream come true! Love it
:)

Last edited:

kallirroe

On the Ice
I think that yul yul has told that she would love to have a programm with mulan soundtrack. Ohhhhh it would fit her so much ❤❤ if she asks for proposals for music for her programms , i swear , i will make a vk account 😎😎😍

Alba

Record Breaker
I think that yul yul has told that she would love to have a programm with mulan soundtrack. Ohhhhh it would fit her so much ❤❤ if she asks for proposals for music for her programms , i swear , i will make a vk account 

I created a vk account a year ago for her only. :biggrin: I follow her, Elena I. and Ksenia Stolbova. Unfortunately I don't understand russian and I can't partecipate.:no:

BTW it's a relief to see how much she's trying to improve and to know that she spent the "forced" time away from competitions in a useful way. Give her the right time and she'll master the new technique :points:

Absolutely but more than anything I'm very happy that she is working on improving the SS as well. She says that she's enjoying gliding lately and that's great. She has such a beautiful body positions, line and movements that mastering the SS will make her stand out and she will become gorgeous.

Last edited: