Yulia Lipnitskaya | Page 295 | Golden Skate

Yulia Lipnitskaya

kallirroe

On the Ice
Time to learn russian my friends !!!😍😍😍 i am really thinking of learning russian at least og b1 level. Tell me i am not the only one πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ i start freaking out with myself πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

moriel

Record Breaker
as there are several russian speaking people over here, probably some fanclasses could be organized =D

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Definitely over 10...not sure exactly how many times though. Arrrrgggh! Yulia....please learn to upload full length videos...the tease is too great :drama:

Here's another effort...Yulia doing Mulan :slink:

Nice work. I've actually been toying with this concept myself for the past couple months, including a few feeble attempts that have never left my hard drive -- sort of a "re-imagine your favorite skater's program with completely different music." Excellent editing to put it all together!

Where'd you manage to get the stock sounds of the crowd applauding and the effects of blades on take-off/landing from the ice? :laugh:

Imagine

Medalist
^thanks! The little effects come with iMovie...because we just upgraded from a 2004 PC (yikes). They didn't have many choices though so its a bit robotic. Apparently the sound is from Hockey Skates...

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
^thanks! The little effects come with iMovie...because we just upgraded from a 2004 PC (yikes). They didn't have many choices though so its a bit robotic. Apparently the sound is from Hockey Skates...

Actually the robotic/stock sound is what makes the video so humorous to me -- not sure if that's what you were going for, but I was cracking up on a couple of the videos, especially the Yuzuru 'One Winged Angel'. :laugh:

waterskiiiepic123

On the Ice
:bang: :bang: :bang:

These stinking journalists. Again. One of the Russian media published some parts of Yulia's Q&A (without asking for any permission, of course!), making it look like some interview, and even altered some phrases... I doubt that Yulia will feel like answering questions again in the nearest future :scowl: And the admins of that group say, that the group will be made closed, available only by special registration...

Oh, that's stupid, I need now a registration in order to get an access, right otherwise it would be impossible to visit her fan's page and read her answers?

Imagine

Medalist
Actually the robotic/stock sound is what makes the video so humorous to me -- not sure if that's what you were going for, but I was cracking up on a couple of the videos, especially the Yuzuru 'One Winged Angel'. :laugh:

Originally, it just bugged me that people were clapping in the background but there was no sound lol

Fer

On the Ice
Time to learn russian my friends !!!😍😍😍 i am really thinking of learning russian at least og b1 level. Tell me i am not the only one πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ i start freaking out with myself πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Russian seems so difficult! :bow:
I wonder when Yulia will start to answer questions in English like what Kovtun does these days. I know it's too much for fans to ask for that.
Well I hope to see she answered questions in interview in English during competitions some day since more and more Russian girls do that recently? But it's totally fine otherwise since skating is most important for her now.

Jagger

Rinkside
Yes, our language is very difficult
I think that Julia will learns English sooner that her fans Russian:)
It will happen more sooner if she will training in Orser team or with another foreign coach. There are such rumors. But Julia denies it. We will know exactly after Team championat. Ilinykh began to speak English after a year of stay in the U.S.

mei 03

Rinkside
It will happen more sooner if she will training in Orser team or with another foreign coach. There are such rumors. But Julia denies it. We will know exactly after Team championat. Ilinykh began to speak English after a year of stay in the U.S.

This sounds interesting to me. I want more interactions between Yuzuru and Yulia :)
anyways, its impossible since she denied it already, haha
For me, its better if Yulia answered in russian during interviews so that she can express herself more.

Meoima

Match Penalty
If it's just something like summer camp that still sounds amazing IMO. :yes:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Yes, our language is very difficult.

I would agree that proper Russian is difficult because of cases and endings. But to understand it and to speak "awkward Russian" in fact would be not that hard. It has only 3 tenses: present, past, and future (neither perfect nor continuous). You do not have to care about the word order like in Deutsch. You basically read what is written similar to Deutsch but very unlike English where the word spelling often does not follow common rules.

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I would agree that proper Russian is difficult because of cases and endings. But to understand it and to speak "awkward Russian" in fact would be not that hard. It has only 3 tenses: present, past, and future (neither perfect nor continuous). You do not have to care about the word order like in Deutsch. You basically read what is written similar to Deutsch but very unlike English where the word spelling often does not follow common rules.

It also depends on where do you live. Russian as a Slavic language is quite similar with to other Slavic languages. I am from the Czech Republic so it is not so hard for me. For those, who has for example English as their first language it can be much more difficult.

Last edited:

starlight97

Final Flight
I would agree that proper Russian is difficult because of cases and endings. But to understand it and to speak "awkward Russian" in fact would not be that hard. You do not have to care about the word order like in Deutsch. You basically read what is written similar to Deutsch.

I totally agree.
Many people are put off by German as well, the grammar, also the cases, though there are only four (compared to Russian's 6 ?) and the word order. While these things are indeed not easy (even we sometimes can't explain why you need to structure a sentence this or that way, you just have to :laugh:) they are needed for proper speaking but not for basic understanding.
I would understand any foreigner who uses the wrong cases or word order in a sentence nontheless and he could understand me rather well.

I think it's all doable and I'm contemplating getting into Russian too, nice hearing others are as well!

Alba

Record Breaker
It will happen more sooner if she will training in Orser team or with another foreign coach. There are such rumors. But Julia denies it. We will know exactly after Team championat.

I think those were forum rumors, including ours, after the RN. It doesn't make sense to wait and change the coach in May, when she is training since January for the next season.

Now, speaking about next season I would love to see her skate to Elgar Cello Concerto played by du PrΓ©. :love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOzatzJEnSo

borzaya

Final Flight
There was one more tabloid which published parts of Yulia's Q&A two days ago :mad:. That's why the group was closed... The admins of the group said that Yulia was really annoyed by it, and that they couldn't say if she would continue answering the questions... One of the fans came up with an idea to make a separate closed group, devoted completely to questions and answers. Today the admin has written that that's what they are going to do, and that Yulia liked this variant, too. And the official group is made open again...

Sam-Skwantch

β€œI solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can someone post my latest fan video over at her VK fanpage for me? I haven't logged in for some time but maybe some folks over there would enjoy it. I spent more time on that video than any other I've ever created. Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ2Tf9D_dYo

Last edited: