Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 746 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

alia jackson

Record Breaker
I remember seeing this video a long time ago. Here is the full interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03gtMZf_fx8&feature=youtu.be

Indeed, that's the one, I loved watching it... and gotta love the quality of the video. For some reason, I find Yuzuru's giggle funny and adorable. :laugh:

Yuzu is lovely in that video, he looks cool in that sweatshirt and jeans plus the silver pendant :love:. Thanks Terrapin for the link.

Sigh...how many of us spend hours watching videos in Japanese without understanding apart from one or two words and grinning away :laugh:

Last edited:

Terrapin

On the Ice
Indeed, that's the one, I loved watching it... and gotta love the quality of the video. For some reason, I find Yuzuru's giggle funny and adorable. :laugh:

Yes he does look adorable in this interview: so many high-pitched giggles ^^ He just looks so happy of what he achieved that season while still remaining humble.

Terrapin

On the Ice
Yuzu is lovely in that video, he looks cool in that sweatshirt and jeans plus the silver pendant :love:. Thanks Terrapin for the link.

Sigh...how many of us spend hours watching videos in Japanese without understanding apart from one or two words and grinning away :laugh:

From what I understood he talks about many things like doing image training of his jumps when walking, thinking about skating and playing games, his performance in Nice and how his 4T was great and how he got his revenge on the last 3S he botched at GPF and Nationals, how he get motivated to do better after failures, Japanese men deep field and competing with people like Dai or Oda, how he'll be 19 at the next Olympics and something about needing people to watch him for him to do well and get motivated (well I'm sure you got most of that, and of course I'm not that reliable as a source since I'm still an A2 level in Japanese language ^^)

Edit: I think he also talked about how tired he was during the step sequence in Nice, how he aimed for gold at Sochi and how he wants to be a well-rounded skater who's good at everything (jumps, spins...).

Of course Japanese-speaking people in this thread feel free to correct me ^^

Last edited:

danni

On the Ice
Thank you for concern, alia jackson. The news reported that the earthquake hasn't caused Tsunami. I felt rather strong shake at my workplace, which was fearful. But I’m OK. I hope others so and there’s no damage on area the earthquake hit.

P.S.Yuzu’s come back to Japan? I’m worried about him thinking that he happened to be around the earthquake area and had it.

I am glad to hear you are ok. I hope everyone from Japan around the earthquake area are ok!

firal

Record Breaker
I am able to see the newest picture from other links, but I think the twitter account has since been removed/locked? Does anyone know more or why? I hope it's nothing negative that happened to the poster...

ahkeekee

Medalist
I am able to see the newest picture from other links, but I think the twitter account has since been removed/locked? Does anyone know more or why? I hope it's nothing negative that happened to the poster...

Some posters guess that it's because oof the massive Amount of retweets, you know, when there's 1000retweets within a small amount of time, your phone and email with explode with notifications from twitter,.I guess he just got a bit scared?Lols! So no need to worry!:)

This is what happens when you post a photo you take with yuzu after he sorta disappears for more than a month hahas!

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Some posters guess that it's because oof the massive Amount of retweets, you know, when there's 1000retweets within a small amount of time, your phone and email with explode with notifications from twitter,.I guess he just got a bit scared?Lols! So no need to worry!:)

Not to mention he probably got people he's never known commenting on his OTHER tweets. I'd be pretty freaked out myself.

hamaguri

Record Breaker
But certainly there are those who think this big and dramatic musical piece suits Yuzuru: two Yuzuru videos set to "Carmina Burana": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeRX643cGM0 (uploaded by Ana @WhateverHime using video originally uploaded by Sugar Autumn) and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CinN-eKjN4M (uploaded by Wing 2014).
Another CB for Yuzuru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY7HNJhbb1s

I love this music. It really suits Yuzuru, but still I want something different for this season, Latin/Spanish, maybe?

Oh, some videos with CB (I had no idea it’s the abbreviation for “Carmina Burana” . At first, I took it for CBC or something.:biggrin:.) are there!
All of them are full of all emotional stuff, and have strong power along with every moment of yuzu. Amazing! This music really seems to suit him, in some way, his inspirational life story.

Yeah, when it comes to this season's music, it is something different! CB would be for Olympic season or so if it's used.

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
IIRC, David Wilson gave Yuzuru a choice between "Carmina Burana" and "Romeo and Juliet" for his music for his FP in the Olympic season, and Yuzuru chose the latter while being open to the possibility of using "Carmina Burana" for another season. If David Wilson choreographs for him again, we might see him skate to CB. Definitely I don't think Yuzuru loves CB as he loves POTO. ;)

and about Carmina Burana, i think it could be epic!

CB might be kind of favorites of David… Personally, if David choreographs it for him, it might be interesting to me (Apart from yuzu likes this music or not);). Yuzu won’t be what he used to be around 2012-2014 of Notre-Dame de Paris(Which word is the abbreviation for Notre-Dame de Paris?:biggrin:) and RJ2… As to David’s LP choreographs, yuna kim’s Les Misérables or so is nice to me, although it’s musical and different to classical music...

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Thank you again for your guys concern for the yesterday’s earthquake.
(Pamina, are you ok?)

The news says there is no denying the possibility of some aftershock happening in one week or so.
I’m afraid Makuhari where FaOI will be held this weekend is not far away from the epicenter and the aftershock might be inevitable if it happens.:no:...
I hope nothing will happen to the shows, skaters, and so on.

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Not sure about Yuzuru ruling CB out immediately because I remember reading the choice for his music for his Olympic FP was shortlisted or narrowed down to CB and R & J so he must have considered rather than flatly rejected CB. In any case, there was an instance he skated to music he didn't particularly like but did so because it was his coach's choice (his 2010-2011 LP "Zigeunerweisen"). I believe though for Yuzuru to skate his best, he must have affinity to the music he's skating to. And it seems to me his musical taste is, like his skating, also evolving. His Chopin SP is proof of that.

Yeah:). When it comes to the relationship between yuzu and music, it seems to be unique and special. I can see yuzu feel the music in that moment and expresses it as it is, despite his taste for the music. It feels like he becomes music itself, although I can’t put my fingers on it…

Anyway, in 2018 yuzu will have us see the new world of fabulous artistic expression and overwhelming technical skills marrying and mingling at high level, I really hope so.

Last edited:

aoolney

Spectator

Glad to know I'm not the only one! :laugh: