THE ICE 2015 - Mao's Ice Show! From Sapporo to Sendai (07/22 - 08/02) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

THE ICE 2015 - Mao's Ice Show! From Sapporo to Sendai (07/22 - 08/02)

mrrice

Record Breaker
Thank you for posting the links to those videos. I LOVE Patrick Chan. He is a dancer's dream skater. His lines are beautiful, his carriage is perfect, and he performs so well. I am so excited to see his return and with Plushy coming back, I am more excited than ever for the season begin.

Barb

Record Breaker

usethis2

Medalist

lady_bee

Medalist
Here are my thoughts about the The Ice Sendai, on Aug.2, the finale of whole The Ice 2015. I‘ve already forgot details of each performances but I can clearly remember how happy I was.

Because many of you have already seen Mao & some skaters’ program on dairymotion, I’m going to write about performances which haven’t aired yet.

Aside from Mao, P/T got the biggest standing ovation from audience for their “Io Ci Saro”. It was just breathtaking and, and …I don’ t know how to describe that in English, their lifts, gorgeous side-by-side spread eagle.....:bow:

My favorite veterans got standing ovation, too.
Carolina in red dress skated to Bolero, which I was hoping to see, and that was much, much better than I expected.
Jeremy skated to “How Will I Know” by Sam Smith. I don’t know who choreographed that program, but it was very Jeremy & Yuka, soft, smooth and very moving.
W/P’s Romeo & Juliet, “Kissing You” by Des'ree, was also very moving. It was like watching a short play. And, sorry for being shallow, Andrew is such a beautiful creature:love:

Nobu skated to Liebesträume, and Joannie skated to “La Vie en rose”.
I think they can still compete in international competition. For them and Akiko, of course, age is just a number, as we can see that they are still improving even after retirement.

Some skaters performed their new competition programs.
I like Ashley’s new SP and so did other people in the arena. It suited her so much that she sold the program very well.
Adam skated to “Who Wants to Live Forever” by Queen, another beautiful creature:love:

Who else I haven’t mentioned?
I‘d like to talk about Patrick, Misha, and of course Mao, so if you don’t mind my not-so- deep report, I will write about them tomorrow, or later:biggrin:.

Last edited:

theskatingbutterfly

On the Ice
What are you talking about ? :drama:
You think waiting for a programme is a struggle ? :drama:
Even if, why does that bother you ? :drama:

I'm sorry, that's what I thought you meant. I must have misunderstood your comment. And why would it not be a struggle? I am a huge Ashley fan and feel like I've seen everyone's programs except her. I am impatient I guess. Oh well :slink:

theskatingbutterfly

On the Ice
why does she spin so slowly? Ashley why you do this to me?

I don't quite understand why you wrote this in response to my comment. She doesn't spin slow, I spin slow:laugh: Why don't you spend more time supporting everyone in an amazing sport rather than putting down fantastic skaters like Ashley? :rolleye:

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
I don't quite understand why you wrote this in response to my comment. She doesn't spin slow, I spin slow:laugh: Why don't you spend more time supporting everyone in an amazing sport rather than putting down fantastic skaters like Ashley? :rolleye:

I love Ashley. I'm not blind to her faults. Doesn't mean I don't support Ashley and love Ashley.

mustafakent

On the Ice
I'm sorry, that's what I thought you meant. I must have misunderstood your comment. And why would it not be a struggle? I am a huge Ashley fan and feel like I've seen everyone's programs except her. I am impatient I guess. Oh well :slink:

It is totally gonna worth it.:popcorn:

I love Ashley. I'm not blind to her faults. Doesn't mean I don't support Ashley and love Ashley.
She has been coming up with new positions every year.Spins are not her problems I think.Her only fault is her habit that putting other foot down and underrotating the second jump of combinations but still, she is a great performer that I don't care she makes little mistakes or how she does on competitons.We need more performers like her.