THE ICE 2015 - Mao's Ice Show! From Sapporo to Sendai (07/22 - 08/02) | Page 5 | Golden Skate

THE ICE 2015 - Mao's Ice Show! From Sapporo to Sendai (07/22 - 08/02)

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
It is totally gonna worth it.:popcorn:

She has been coming up with new positions every year.Spins are not her problems I think.Her only fault is her habit that putting other foot down and underrotating the second jump of combinations but still, she is a great performer that I don't care she makes little mistakes or how she does on competitons.We need more performers like her.

Two footing her jumps looks like a nervous habit. I don't know why she does it. She'll two foot jumps that aren't underrotated.

Underrotated with two foots is a different story. She has many of these and maybe she just doesn't rotate when she's under pressure.

I want to see this new short. I guess we already have an idea of what the long looks like...since she's doing the same long...-sigh-

lady_bee

Medalist
@lady_bee, we don't mind the long report. :thumbsup:

Thank you!
Here is my report about The ICE Sendai, part 2.

Ashley and Adam were not only skaters who performed their new competition program, but also two Takas, Kozuka and Mura.
Although their jumps were not perfect, I liked Taka-K’s sound of edge, which sounded like a part of music, and Taka-M’s steps, which looked little labored but pronmissing, I believe.
Kanako skated to “El Tango de Roxanne”, like two-Taka’s, she needed more time, but she could sell that program.

Misha’s “Tribute to Daisuke Takahashi” was joy to watch. He did it perfectly and audience loved it; however, because it was so good, I had to realize how special skater Daisuke is.

Patrick was magic! His skating was so smooth and graceful, but at the same time, it is so fast and so strong. I can watch his skating for hours!

About Mao, as you’ve seen in the uploaded videos, she looked happy to skate, and that’s enough for me. The Masquerade and “Por una Cabeza” were my favorites of her programs and Benedictus was heavenly. She looked better in shape than the photos and video from previous shows in Osaka and Sapporo, and she really was, according to Akiko, who said their costumes had become looser as the shows went on, interviewed by Mai.

At the end of the show, skaters thrown autographed goods to audiences, not only balls as usual, but also props they used in the show, since it was the finale. I was so envious of those who got any of those precious stuffs.

The ICE in Sendai will be aired today on TV, and then another show will be aired on 15th August, so I really hope The ICE's official You Tube channel would come back and upload new & old videos again.

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
Thank you!

Ashley and Adam were not only skaters who performed their new competition program, but also two Takas, Kozuka and Mura.
Although their jumps were not perfect, I liked Taka-K’s sound of edge, which sounded like a part of music, and Taka-M’s steps, which looked little labored but pronmissing, I believe.
Kanako skated to “El Tango de Roxanne”, like two-Taka’s, she needed more time, but she could sell that program.

Misha’s “Tribute to Daisuke Takahashi” was joy to watch. He did it perfectly and audience loved it; however, because it was so good, I had to realize how special skater Daisuke is.

Patrick was magic! His skating was so smooth and graceful, but at the same time, it is so fast and so strong. I can watch his skating for hours!

About Mao, as you’ve seen in the uploaded videos, she looked happy to skate, and that’s enough for me. The Masquerade and “Por una Cabeza” were my favorites of her programs and Benedictus was heavenly. She looked better in shape than the photos and video from previous shows in Osaka and Sapporo, and she really was, according to Akiko, who said their costumes had become looser as the shows went on, interviewed by Mai.

At the end of the show, skaters thrown autographed goods to audiences, not only balls as usual, but also props they used in the show, since it was the finale. I was so envious of those who got any of those precious stuffs.

The ICE in Sendai will be aired today on TV, and then another show will be aired on 15th August, so I really hope The ICE's official You Tube channel would come back and upload new & old videos again.

is there footage of Wagner's Samba? and Mao's competition programs?

mustafakent

On the Ice
Two footing her jumps looks like a nervous habit. I don't know why she does it. She'll two foot jumps that aren't underrotated.

Underrotated with two foots is a different story. She has many of these and maybe she just doesn't rotate when she's under pressure.

I want to see this new short. I guess we already have an idea of what the long looks like...since she's doing the same long...-sigh-

Philip Mills told at TSL interview that Ashley landed more than 70 clean triple triples at practices, while they were working together.And there are youtube videos she lands 2A3T (Worlds 2012, she missed at competition) and 3Lz3T (Worlds 2015, she fell and two footed at competition) on practices.Actually it is sad and a little bit annoying she misses when it counts.:slink:

AsadaFanBoy

Final Flight
Philip Mills told at TSL interview that Ashley landed more than 70 clean triple triples at practices, while they were working together.And there are youtube videos she lands 2A3T (Worlds 2012, she missed at competition) and 3Lz3T (Worlds 2015, she fell and two footed at competition) on practices.Actually it is sad and a little bit annoying she misses when it counts.:slink:

it's even more sad and annoying that she's aware of her problems and thinks a sports psychologist won't help her.

...when the problem seems to be psychological it's sad when somebody doesn't try to work through it.

amazingMao

Rinkside
Thank you!

Thank you for your report. Can you please describe Mao's skating qualities and jumps while performing on the show?

roma

On the Ice
Thank you!

Thanks, lady_bee!
As the shows went on to different locations, I am pretty sure their performances have greatly improved. Mine was the second show in Sapporo and even then all of them performed really, really well. There weren't a lot of standing ovations there when I attended but people still showed their appreciation. I would have given a lot of standing Os except I was too sick to even feel like standing so I just clapped as loud as I can... :p

I just hope TheICE's YT channel will be back...

lady_bee

Medalist
Thank you for reading my posts. I refreshed my memory by watching Miyagi-TV’s broadcast today, which skipped some of my favorites, P/T, W/P, Jeremy, Ashley, Adam Jeff and Joannie. Why???? :disapp:

is there footage of Wagner's Samba? and Mao's competition programs?

Ashley performed her new SP, which I think the Samba you asked and that suited her very much, but you have to wait another broadcast on 15th Aug which supposed to be a full broadcast. Also, she and Adam skated to Moulin Rouge, not her LP but different cut of its music. It was lovely to watch.
Mao didn’t show any of her competitive programs. She skated a part of Masquerade in the group number, Benedictus with Caro and Joannie, Puttin' On the Ritz, and Por una Cabeza with Jeff. I liked Puttin’ On the Ritz, especially her fan-spiral, which looked so cool with a cane and that long pants. (I am not comfortable to watch fan spirals with skirt:frown:. Am I too conservative? )

Thank you for your report. Can you please describe Mao's skating qualities and jumps while performing on the show?

amagingMao, you asked the most difficult question for me, because I am a big, big fan of Mao, I can’t make fair judgment on her performance:biggrin:. All I can say is that, she skated just like Mao I wanted to see, and she didn’t miss any jumps. To be honest, I tried to figure out who was the best among the three skaters performed Benedicts, but it was so hard to tell. Still, Mao had the best spiral, for my eyes.

begin

Medalist
^Thank you, mikaboo! This year had such a great cast. What a wonderful collection of performances!

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
thanks mikaboo!!! i never get tired of watching Misha!
and :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: