2015 Skate America Pairs SP Oct 23 | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Pairs SP Oct 23

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
My prediction is St/Kl go clean tomorrow after a rough short. S/H are clean as well and win the event while St/Kl and Sc/Kh are fighting for silver and bronze and it is, apparently, very close since St/Kl giht back in the free

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
and my prediction went to...

regardless - congrats to Alexa and Chris - bit overscored for my view but surely should lead, Sui/Han got best SP of the season hands down - the level of transitions is extreme, big shame about this spin, but while it works it's magical, hope they'll get all together tomorrow, huge shocker about Ksenia and Fedor...won't be surprised if they'll split after this or next GP

liv

Record Breaker
I think the program would be fine if they did the elements. Some programs you can kind of forget an error, but with this kind of spell like music, it really needs to be clean... and with their mistakes, I"m sure the energy, and thereby the performance level, went down. And with Ksenia, you can really tell when she doesn't care for her performance. At the end her wave of disappointment really came through. Not a good lasting impression.

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
This is a pair that frustrates me to NO end. They're decision last year started it, and also, I can't beleive why they are ditching all their consistency for skills they don't know how to do? Last year they looked so connected with each other and until Europeans it seemed to go downhill. Also Ksenia. I was alright with your dyed tips but NOT this. -.- UGH
Lets say hurray that she is not blond anymore xD

lavender

Record Breaker
My prediction is St/Kl go clean tomorrow after a rough short. S/H are clean as well and win the event while St/Kl and Sc/Kh are fighting for silver and bronze and it is, apparently, very close since St/Kl giht back in the free

I agree. I see S/H winning the whole thing. If it weren't for that spin they would probably be in first.

Idontsk8

On the Ice
I'm not a big fan of Stolbova/Klimov but I feel for them. Fedor has been so off in the throws, like someone said it looked like throwing a sack of potatoes and I thought she was going to make the famous death stare but fortunately not so much. 5th place is fair but shocking, hope they find their rhythm soon! Also her dress doesn't match his costume at all, seems two different programs.

About Scimeca/Knierim I liked the program but her expressions were a big too agressive and his too bland in comparison for Metallica. But yay for a 1st place and consistent program, hope they can keep performing under pressure. :cheer:

I love S/H, they're my favorite pair but the pink dress is not matching the music. Overall great elements and hope they change the spin, the transition seems so hard and it's just room for mistakes.

Overall nice competition, hope the level keeps high tomorrow! :)

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I'm sorry for S/K :no:

I'm not impressed by the programs in this event. D/R's Your song is by far my favourite pairs SP this season. But maybe I have to wait to watch it in competition before saying this:laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Sorry, judges but PCS was way too high for Stolbova/Klimov. That program was a mess... unison off, sloppy twist, fall on the throw, she stumbled in the footwork....

Surprised but happy to see Scimeca/Knierim leading. But an even bigger surprise, the first group totally outperformed the second group.

QuadThrow

Medalist
It is a pity for S/H. I think they will gain the win tomorrow. Respect for the Americans

besides the fall St/Kl´s program ist superior. I love it. They are the kings of flow and expression. But the elements do not improve, although they canceled worlds last year to improve exactly this!

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
S/H look grown up now. As he threw her a mile high and long, I thought, "And they say he is too little for Pairs!"

LOL, who are they? So much stupid speculations posted in forums. Never trust them :laugh2:

My hopes are still for Sui/Han getting to the top. Loved them from first I saw them. They are soooo good and fun to watch!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
S/H have scoring potential that S/K don't have so i see them coming from behind to win but if S/K can hang onto the Silver that would be a big deal for them.

matcha

Medalist
Yikes. So Stolboa/Klimov will be in the first group for the free...

Hopefull they pull it together.

whatif

Medalist
Well if Stolbova did not fall they would have been 1st too. I don't see S/H having anymore scouring potential than anyone else here. They never brought it when it counted so far. The whole top 5 is so unpredictable. And since when Scimeca started getting this PCS and all level 4s?

Last edited: