2015 Skate America Pairs SP Oct 23 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate America Pairs SP Oct 23

Layback11

Record Breaker
Just finished the pairs SP. Great event! AMERICANS LEADING!!! I am very happy! :cheer:

S/H win my costume award. Her dress is gorgeous. :love:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't they care how many prediction game entries they are potentially ruining?! ;-)
Every single one of the 99% of us who picked Sui/Han, Stolbova/Klimov and Scimeca/Knierem, in that order:drama:

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I am so happy for Alexa and Chris! I can't put into words how happy it makes me to see them leading. So well deserved, and with Worlds this year in the States... This is a great start for them.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I just watched Alexa and Chris. I really like the program and love their music. Can someone tell me what it is? Now that I found a good stream, I'm very excited for the rest of the competition. Have fun everyone.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
Well if Stolbova did not fall they would have been 1st too. I don't see S/H having anymore scouring potential than anyone else here. They never brought it when it counted so far. The whole top 5 is so unpredictable. And since when Scimeca started getting this PCS and all level 4s?

:thumbsup:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Every single one of the 99% of us who picked Sui/Han, Stolbova/Klimov and Scimeca/Knierem, in that order:drama:

Oh, I'm the 1% then. Unlucky me put Scimenca/Knierim in 4th place... Well, there's the free skate to come :)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Well if Stolbova did not fall they would have been 1st too. I don't see S/H having anymore scouring potential than anyone else here. They never brought it when it counted so far. The whole top 5 is so unpredictable. And since when Scimeca started getting this PCS and all level 4s?

Scimeca/Knierim didn't get level 4 on their twist, but all the other elements had the necessary requirements for level 4s. Although they were gifted in GOE on some of their elements. Also, Scimeca/Knierim have gotten higher PCS before (Four Continents 2014).

And if Stolbova didn't fall, they probably would possibly still be behind Scimeca/Knierim, because of their twist and footwork errors. Plus their final spin was a bit short of rotations and thus only got level 2.

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd much rather see Alexa "stay the heck away from my cat!" face than "I feel wild passion for you, except when you screw up our program and I don't" face.

She is fierce and I :love: her.

TheGrandSophy

Record Breaker
I just watched Alexa and Chris. I really like the program and love their music. Can someone tell me what it is? Now that I found a good stream, I'm very excited for the rest of the competition. Have fun everyone.

Nothing Else Matters- Metallica.

whatif

Medalist
They didn't get level 4 on their twist, but all the other elements had the necessary requirements for level 4s.

And if Stolbova didn't fall, they probably would possibly still be behind Scimeca/Knierim, because of their twist and footwork errors. Plus their final spin was a bit short of rotations and thus only got level 2.

Nope they would have gotten higher PCS that they normally get and minor mistakes would become irrelevant. Anyhow, it's still close. All top 5 can change placement dramatically.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm so thrilled for Scimeca and Knierim!! What a great way to start their GP journey for the season. I also like the edgier presentation, which goes wonderfully with the music and mood. Every element just impressed me, especially the 3Tw and the Th3flip.

Sui and Han, great too except the spin error, and they are so lyrical. Nice connection with each other.

Stolbova and Klimov did not make only one mistake, the fall. There were other stumbles and blips throughout. Shouldn't have highest PCS.

Yea, Alexa and Chris!:love:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Not really. With, let's say, 4.2 points more (for a great LzTh) they would still only be 3rd. They already got higher PCS than Sui/Han, I question that.

I love Sui/Han's program, it was great despite the spin (and they should keep it, it's really unique). Ranking is ok as it is imho. Wang/Wang delivered technically, Scimeca/Knierim were very good, I liked the program, a bit overdramatic, but very enjoyable.

Last edited:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

It is Metallica, believe it or not. Not that I would know a Metallica tune if it bit me in the behind, butI know who they are:laugh:

ETA: already answered

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'd much rather see Alexa "stay the heck away from my cat!" face than "I feel wild passion for you, except when you screw up our program and I don't" face.

She is fierce and I :love: her.

Ksenia is a fierce queen, but he should be staring her down. That throw is partially his fault in the toss, but she still could have stuck the landing. And she stumbled on the footwork, not him.