Who's Going to Worlds? | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Who's Going to Worlds?

winky97

Medalist
Actually, even on day 1 of ticket sales, lower bowl seats were nowhere to be found.

I'll keep checking in hopes that more get released soon. The only catch is that the closer the date gets, the more expensive it tends to be to make travel arrangements, which is somewhat frustrating but maybe the total cost will still be lower.

TM actually screwed up the ticket release because they did not have the full inventory loaded, so on day 1 of ticket sales the ladies LP lower bowl seats appeared sold out when it was not. Within like a couple of weeks alot more inventory for all of the events appeared on TM. That's when I got my lower bowl seats for ladies long and short.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Ah interesting, ok.

Although I still felt I checked periodically and never saw any lower bowl seats. Guess it was a very short window then.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I happened to grab lower bowl tickets for the ladies FS after Ticketmaster restocked their inventory. I first saw it as being 'sold out' but was lucky enough to catch it later on. Maybe ticketmaster will restock again? They did that for the gala (although that was apparently a mistake on their part)

Greta

On the Ice
Dumb question- I now have the ability to go, but I see I would probably be on the ends in about the 10th row. Will I be able to see anything? Is that worth it? I've only ever gone to nationals live, and I've been able to sit closer to the ice.

Liz1201

Rinkside
Greta row 10 isn't bad and I really like the ends better than some of the side sections. Are you getting an all-event ticket? If so you'll have the practice pass and you can sit wherever you want for practices. I think you should go! You can always bring mini-binoculars too.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm officially going! We bought two tickets on stubhub for the lower bowl seats....expensive as heck....like $265 each....but my mom said if we're going to go to Boston, we need to have good seats. So I obliged. Finally the Winnie the Pooh hat I made will get to its owner soon. ;)

Last edited:

Greta

On the Ice
Thanks! I'm really tempted. I'm looking at the all event ticket because some of the more popular events are mostly sold out as individual tickets.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I'm officially going! We bought two tickets on stubhub for the lower bowl seats....expensive as heck....like $265 each....but my mom said if we're going to go to Boston, we need to have good seats. So I obliged. Finally the Winnie the Pooh hat I made will get to it's owner soon. ;)

Congrats. Which event is this for?

winky97

Medalist
I'm officially going! We bought two tickets on stubhub for the lower bowl seats....expensive as heck....like $265 each....but my mom said if we're going to go to Boston, we need to have good seats. So I obliged. Finally the Winnie the Pooh hat I made will get to it's owner soon. ;)

Good for you! Getting into the men's LP.

Greta

On the Ice
Ok, I think I'm going! I might not have the best seats, but I'm excited that I get to be there. Sheesh, the hotels are expensive.

Liz1201

Rinkside
There might still be some hotels available from the worlds2016.com site. Not cheap but nowhere near as bad as hotels.com.

Greta

On the Ice
There might still be some hotels available from the worlds2016.com site. Not cheap but nowhere near as bad as hotels.com.

Thanks! I'll check that out. So far I'm not finding anything close for under 200/night.

Greta

On the Ice
USE AIRBNB if you're worried about hotels. Come on people, we're in the 21st century.
Since I'm travelling alone, I prefer a hotel. I found one about a mile from the venue- maybe a little walking to counteract all that sitting will be good. :)

Ophelia

Record Breaker
I've used AirBnB for extended stays by myself. It's fine if you know how to read the ratings and reviews.

Vickys21

Rinkside
I have recently purchased a ticket for the Ladies free program in Boston.This will be my first time attending the live figure skating events. Can anybody give some practical advice for the first-time attendee?
How long on average does the entire ladies free program event last? Also, are you allowed to go to your seat once the program has already started? How cold is it in the arena? What should I wear? Any other practical advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

winky97

Medalist
I have recently purchased a ticket for the Ladies free program in Boston.This will be my first time attending the live figure skating events. Can anybody give some practical advice for the first-time attendee?
How long on average does the entire ladies free program event last? Also, are you allowed to go to your seat once the program has already started? How cold is it in the arena? What should I wear? Any other practical advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The event is scheduled for close to four hours, but this factors in time for ice resurfacing and may include the medals ceremony too. There will be a schedule that will let you know when specific skaters are taking the ice. A lot of people time their arrival to see the last couple of groups of skaters since these will be the top ones. That's a personal preference. I kinda like to see some of the up and coming lower ranked skaters, but this is a lot of time sitting in the rink. You can go to your seat once the program program has started. In terms of the climate inside the rink, I usually have a sweat shirt on and I have light jacket with me just in case.

Anyway hope this helped. A lot of people on here are going to Worlds, myself included. So if you are looking for friends you will likely be able to find some!

Liz1201

Rinkside

I'm excited for you! My very first competition was also a world championships. Winky97 had some great advice for you. I would also add that gloves are good to bring. My hands are always cold. Makes clapping a bit more difficult, but you can always take them off.

Also I personally find that trying to take a photo of the skater during their program totally distracts me and keeps me from truly enjoying the performance. It could be that I'm no good at it though lol. But if you do take a pic just remember no flash. Enjoy it should be an awesome time!