2016 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program | Page 19 | Golden Skate

2016 Junior Worlds Ladies Short Program

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
At the senior level, any skater who qualifies for the FS will receive no more than 16 placement points.
And a senior skater who does not qualify for the FS receives 18 placement points.

For juniors, are the corresponding numbers of placement points different??

Whoops. No. It's 16. You're correct. So that means top 12 for the non-withdrawn skater.

Tyranid

Final Flight
Does she want to cheat the failed lutz with the "i have a bloody nose excuse"??:biggrin:

edit: apologies, she restarst after the failed lutz :)

Last edited:

karlowens2

On the Ice
Look at the judging panel:

ISR EST ROU AUT UKR RUS FIN ITA RSA

3 former SSRs, and except for RSA, an all-European panel slanting mostly to Eastern European

Don't expect the Asian skaters to score in the stratosphere :rolleye:

Maybe it's bias, but the Russians have never cared much for the quality of the moves - Slutskaya, Sotnikova, etc. were lively but no finese. If a skater getrs around and lands with her foot straight it gets a full score. Air positon, extension, running edge, just ignored. The result is this amaturish score up near to the top seniors. Ridiculous.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Remember that boy at the JGP in Colorado who had a bloody nose...didn't he end up with a 6 point deduction or something? Ugh...poor girl. But what a trooper!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Is she going to grown up worlds?

"Grown up worlds" lololol

And yes, she's currently the Finnish entry with Jenni Saarinen as the substitute.

Wonder if they'll keep her if she doesn't end up in the FS. (Ivett Toth only managed a 44.03 at JWs last year)

Last edited:

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
she skated great considering. She really gave it i enjoyed the performance a lot. too bad no combo, no spin, the fall and that very long stop

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wait, how did she get 6 points off? I thought you could stop a program for medical reasons and not be deducted :think:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Poor Elizabet. I don't think it's easy to skate with wadding/a tampon up your nose - it hinders breathing, after all. And a pity that she did not manage to add the second jump in combination.

Last edited: