2016 Junior Worlds Mens Free Skate | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2016 Junior Worlds Mens Free Skate

Skye

On the Ice
Despite all the pops, I loved Kevin's performance.
He's definitely on my watch list now.
Awww... he looks so sad.

Rissa

Record Breaker
Looks like Florent Amodio has got a worthy successor in everything: performing ability, costuming and the ability to botch the tech from here to Sunday and back.

Aww, poor boy.

Ekm

On the Ice
Wow, Tomoki really capitalized on the opportunity he got when Nathan had to withdraw, way to step it up, congrats to him (and to Daniel and Nicolas).

Sorrento

Record Breaker
The big difference is that Murakami was born in Japan and moved to the US, while Hiwatashi was born in the US.
Oh I did not know that. So there is no way he could do that switch? I think there is a place in Japanese Juniors for a bright talent still.

tzazu

Medalist
Congrats to the medalists! Nadeau and Tomoki a really nice surprise, Samohin superb!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The final result is filled with surprises.

No Russian on the podium
Totally unexpected silver and bronze medalists especially for Canada.
Thanks to Samahin for the nice performance with three quads.

Congratulations to all the medalists!

Last edited:

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
This is actually what sport is about: believe in yourself and fight no matter what. Never underestimate your rivals, never think that medal belongs to you until you do everything that you can in order to own it like a true champion. I congratulate those who won tonight.

:agree:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i knew Tomoki would do great the moment i saw him at Skate Detroit this summer but didnt expect this medal at all!! congratz!! and Nicolas and Daniel did great too!!!! is this the most unexpected and colorful podium in a while? :hap57:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
More pops? Kevin, you're killing us!

Oh no, he's crying :sad21: Don't cry, mini-Max! There's always next year! :console:

Isn't he too old? He reminds me more of Florent Amodio, Max Aaron isn't much of perfomer...

EDIT: It wast terrible day. So much pops and fall and mistakes.

Now, seriously happy, we have second GOLD medal for small fed in major ISU competition! Congrats Daniel, you were a true star tonight! :clap::hap57::yahoo:

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, this is one unique storybook! Tomoki, being the replacement for Nathan Chen, who was supposed to have it be his year to win Jr. Worlds, goes in, no one knowing how he'll do, and he comes in and gets bronze!

Nicolas didn't even make the FP last year was the only man from Canada to compete and he ends up with silver and maybe bringing the spots for Canada from 1 to 3 all by himself.

And Daniel Samohin, who got 9th in the SP, skated a monterously awesome FP with 3 quads and got a new personal best. And he won gold and became the first Israeli to win Jr. Worlds!

What a storybook!

tzazu

Medalist
24 Kevin AYMOZ (FRA)

Music: Torn - Resolve by Nathan Lanier

White print shirt, black pants, gloves

FCSp
2A - pop
2F
3Lo
CCoSp3p
3Lz - hangs on
2A
2Lz+1T
CCoSp3p
StSq
3T
2S+2T+2Lo

Way too many pops, he will drop some places...

FS: 50.95+71.28 = 122.23, 197.76 (PB), 9/24

Thank you so much again for your great work here, sequinsgalore!:love:

Last edited: