2016 JGP Yokohama Ladies SP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Yokohama Ladies SP

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My prediction: Kaori to lead by a country mile. Or maybe even a few country miles!

Hope that isn't a jinx like it was for Marin... :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

JuliaHols

On the Ice
Oh man, I loved that Kaori! It was so exciting and she radiated joy, even before her big jumps. I m glad she's in first. Very deserved although I thought it should be higher. Oh I hope she can make the JGPF THIS year!
I loved Alisa's spins the most, Kaori's performance and jumps the best.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
the thai girl's last name puts everyone else's last names to shame:laugh:

I take it the "Na Phuket" is a reference to where her family is from, i.e. "Promsan RATTANADILOK from Phuket".

Sort of like what they do in some Arabic speaking countries. Using an example from Iraq, "Saddam Hussein al-Tikriti" translates as "Saddam Hussein from Tikrit".

Apologies for using this particular example. But, it was the first that came into my head.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I like Marin a lot, but can't help feel a bit of schadenfreude toward the arrogant people who kept acting like she was the only one with a chance to win here. ...

What? :rolleye: This is her home and she is a reigning JW champion, that's why many have predicted her to win although Marin is also known for making a lot of mistakes on her home. ... Nothing about arrogance. ...

Crossover, perhaps you missed the arrogant posts to which silverfoxes is referring.
I saw several that were quite arrogant. (And I like Marin as well.)

(Obviously not Marin's fault that some of her fans are arrogant.)

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
madeleine from norway....lovely music, love love "a thousand years" by christina perri....so far, she has the best music. too bad about the jumps.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
It is still puzzling why Ashley Kim is not competing here. The latter events of the JGP series get to have harder and harder in terms of line-up.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Despite the error, I really enjoyed that skate from Gabrielle. It's good she's getting some internationals experience.