2016 JGP Yokohama Ladies SP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Yokohama Ladies SP

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A skater originally from the Ukraine called "Oksana".

I wonder if she was named after anybody in particular... :think: :biggrin:

She wasn't bad. At least she didn't do a blatent rip-off of Lipnitskaia's "Schindler's List" routine like some skaters have done.

But, I'm not going to get too interested in Artyomenko's career. You know as well as I do how things work with Ladies skaters that represent Switzerland. They turn Senior and look like they are going places, and then they all suddenly retire when they are 18 or 19.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
Yeah, that's really her fans fault that Marin Honda has amazing skating skills, is beautiful, absurdly elegant, her landing are soft as silk and before the error she was like the brightest spot in eastern hemisphere.
But no, we should all just act like she is nothing special... :sarcasm:

Can't compete with that :laugh:

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Marin :( good thing I didnt manage to watch live
& that new gal beating Alisa:sad21:

Kaori on the other hand!:luv17: I underestimated her! shame on me!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Marin did not do that badly. Had this been senior she could have added the 3T in the alter jump. Anyways I think she will podium for sure.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Vinarao is interesting.

Enjoyed the music. Very different from the others. And I liked the way she showed a bit of attitude.

Skating wasn't the best we've seen. But you never know, she could improve as the season progresses.

CaroLiza_fan

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The choppy stream is unwatchable...so Go Amy in the final group! I'll look into her clip later.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Really liked Andrea MONTESINOS CANTU. First time I've seen her, and was really impressed.

Love it when countries that do not have a big presence in figure skating can produce somebody who looks really promising.

CaroLiza_fan

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Love it when countries that do not have a big presence in figure skating can produce somebody who looks really promising.
totally agree

I see the men's line up will be interesting too in this regard

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
OH NO I can't believe I overslept and missed Marin's performance live...hope she can be her best at the free!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I get so put off by the placement of Kaori's first spin and the pointlessness of going into that swing type change in music because at no point does she engage or try to interpret it. Don't get me wrong, she has great moments in this program but the random pointlessness of that whole section got me like....:dbana:

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Neither me nor Alisa were happy with the score.

I am especially confused at her PCS score compared to Japanese ladies.
I maybe can understand TES (though not really), but PCS...

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
The stream quality of this JGP Yokohama is second to none

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Brooke Tamepro was one of the skaters I was looking forward to seeing. There was a Kiwi skater I saw a few years ago that I liked, and I wanted to see if I liked this one too.

I did like Brooke. But the music totally spoiled it for me.

I love the song "California Deaming". I love Sia. But her version of that song was absolutely awful!

Give me the original by the Mamas And The Papas any day over that!

Hopefully the FS will be more enjoyable.

CaroLiza_fan

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
OH NO I can't believe I overslept and missed Marin's performance live...hope she can be her best at the free!

I overslept as well. :disapp: I'm not conditioned yet to run on little sleep for this new season.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm to the point where the music selections are so blah that I'm just waiting for someone to skate to the sad music from Top Gun. At this point...why not. :TROPHY:

Last edited:

lavoix

Match Penalty
What is this Indian routine? I need to go watch some of Mao Asada's routines to erase this from my memory.