2016 Lombardia Trophy Ladies FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2016 Lombardia Trophy Ladies FS

Layback11

Record Breaker
So Youn Park KOR

Music: Concierto De Aranjuez

Costume: black mesh with red solid fabric on one side of the bodice and lots of silver crystals

Elements:
3Lz (slight stepout)
2A-3T
3F
FCCoSp
2S-2T-2Lo
2A-3T (stepout, kind of landed on her knee?)
3Lo
Ina Bauer into the crescendo! :love:
3S (stepout)
StSq
CCoSp w/ nice I-spin
LSp-her side position and Biellman have improved a lot.

I like this program for her a lot! Lots of passion and expression. And good for her for trying to get in that second 3T! :yes:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I usually really like Park but something about that failed to connect for me... maybe just my mood, it's hard to explain. I'm glad she was mostly clean though, that's awesome :)

clippers8200

On the Ice
I really appreciated SY's fighting spirit in this competition - based off her landings on her 3S in the SP/FS and on her second 2A today, she would always just double or single her following combos, but she really went for it.

sarama

Medalist
It sounds like Korea is doing the same thing Russia did in the lead up to Sochi and really focusing on getting some competitive ladies to showcase

Well exactly like in Russia, the generation not eligible for their home Olympics is way stronger, but these three ladies are not bad either compared to the nothingness before them (except for Yuna of course)

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Hmm..usual inconsistent So Youn...don't want to be harsh on her, but she really needs to stabilize her consistency.

samson

Medalist
Fun fact that's Mirai's highest PCS, her highest FP score for the fall and also her highest TCS for the fall. :)

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I didn't know Meryl had a pink version of her Scheherazade costume. How nice of her to give it to Wakaba

Jokes aside, I like it much better than her SP costume

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I saw Wakaba come onto the ice, resisted the urge to shout at the television, "What are you wearing?!" and then thought, Oh please, tell me you're skating to Scheherazade.
;-)
I must say, it does seem a bit edited with extra notes here and there...?

Layback11

Record Breaker
Wakaba Higuchi JPN

Music: Scheherazade

Costume: looks very similar to Meryl Davis' Scheherazade dress, but pale pink

Elements:
3Lz-2T
3Lo
?CoSp
3S
StSq
2A
3?
FCCoSp
3F-2T-1Lo
2A-2TREP
ChStSq
LSp

Lots of face-touching in this program. Her expression has improved. First cut of music was a little bit dull. StSq was very well-choreographed! Spiral is not my favorite. Not her strongest skate.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
18 Wakaba HIGUCHI (JPN)

Pink dress, bare midriff with gold details

Music: Scheherazade

3Lz+2T - foot down
3Lo
CCoSp3p
3S
StSq
2A
2Lz
FCSp
3F+2T+1Lo
2A+2T*
ChSq
LSp

Problems with the lutz, not sure about the program itself

53.88+58.32 = 112.20, 178.86, 1/18

Last edited:

tulosai

Record Breaker
That was relatively well skated and I love the pink costume, but I feel like the music was just too big for her...

bluelutz

On the Ice
No Pink please!
It is not your color.
I like to see more powerful Wakaba than feminine one even if you like to be the latter.