2016 Skate America Free Dance | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Free Dance

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
That was stunning. Honestly, the Shibs are the team that got me to like Ice Dance. I love this free dance.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Wow!!!! I can't wait to see their program as it wasn't shown in Ca. That's a great score so I'm expecting big things from them.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Beautiful, but it ain't Fix You yet. I am hoping that by the end of the season, I *feel emotions* when I watch this program.

I feel the same. Like it was a good program but I still haven't got quite connected with the music yet. Hope it will grow strong!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I got every single silver medal prediction wrong. And 3 of 4 bronzes wrong. And all the first places right.

lyndichee

Medalist
Maia really does shine in this FD, the music is very underwhelming for me but Maia's passion really grabbed my attention. I do agree with the commentators on the CBC stream, the program has the most room to grow of all the program so far.

Plisskin

Medalist
Kinda agree with the Besp guys. I actually preferred Madison and Zach's FD. That's not to say that the Shibs program wasn't beautiful with great tech and SS, but their program right now doesn't make me feel anything. I'm left wondering what "Evolution" is about. Maybe with more mileage I will like this more.

keasus

On the Ice
It was very good, there is sth quiet and organic about it. And it suits them.

I think it's a wise and conscious choice. The SD is so different and full of unbridled energy. The FD is the polar opposite. It is a tribute to the Shib's talent that they can pull off radically different styles with equal aplomb. Bravo!

Last edited:

QuadThrow

Medalist
The Shibuatins have always had the best dresses costumes.

My mom once said it that way: "there is a lot of money behind the shibutanis."

Eislauf

On the Ice
The Shibs...there's a pureness and beauty to their LP. Nothing too emotionally overwrought or contrived. And, my goodness, Alex and Maia are each so beautiful, physically. Almost an unfair advantage lol!

Barb

Record Breaker
I want Shibs change their costumes, very similar to last year and the O ex. Seems I am alone :laugh:

Bumdid

Record Breaker
It is not only PCS. You need to check her scores for short dance. Pretty cool stuff in there. :laugh:

I like this Sharon. US federation should send her every competition to kill russians. :laugh:.

Someone correct me. But isn't the lowest and highest scores thrown out during the judging. So even if she does put the lowest score, it's not going to affect it *that* much.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I think this program is so stunning because it highlights their skating, and their skating alone. Brilliant. Everyone's probably going to say it's "monotone" or something but I think its remarkable in its simplicity.

agree - this program has to be backed by skating and skating only - there won't be tricks, flashy costumes or OTT expression for sure - and this is far more difficult to accomplish than e.g. choosing a warhorse and try to once again imitate well-known story.

Kudos for them to challenge themselves in terms of music and theme chosen, still not sold and convinced to this FD,but we'll see as season progresses. From scores, judges already love it and a very interesting thing to see would be a face-to face confrontation of FDs from Tessa and Scott, Shibutanis and Papadakis/Cizeron and how they would be evaluated. Hope it will happen in Nagano in December

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Wow, seven medals, including two gold, for the US team. This has to be one of USA's best Skate America showings.