2016 Trophée de France Ladies SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2016 Trophée de France Ladies SP

Plisskin

Medalist
For me, this is not Mao's best program by far, but I think I would enjoy it a little better if she had a different dress.

berry8

Final Flight
To all the haterz who keep saying Canadian girls are not worth 70+ :taunt:

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Medvedeva beat YUNA"S SCORE as well.

Took me a while to realize that.

Insane night. No wonder Daleman gets 72+.

I feared inflation... Its happening...

gabby though, didn't get inflated. all her elements were stellar. Huge jumps. Well controlled and flowing landings. Great steps and good spins. She only received 33 in PCS. She nailed the TES ... i don't call that inflation. Have you seen her gigantic 3t-3t and gorgeous lutz?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
4 Mao ASADA (JPN)

Music: Danza Ritual del fuego (from "El amor brujo") by M. de Falla

Black shredded dress, matching gloves

2A
3F+2Lo - tight, looked < on both, maybe twofoot
FCSp
3Lo - maybe <
LSp
CCoSp
StSq

Overall solid skate, bit iffy rotation on the triples

SP: 29.12+32.17 = 61.29, 3/4

Last edited:

berry8

Final Flight
Mao's 3F definitely UR
Edit: All the jumps were UR 2a apart

Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love this SP for Mao; it's powerful. I think that style fits her better than some of the gentler, more lyrical programs. She's got sort of a held-back or understated powerful feeling that I love.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
How did Gabby score above 70?! Must be residual home inflation from Skate Canada! No Canadian deserves more than 70. Disgraceful pro-Canadian judging simply because it's in France and French is an official language of Canada. Canadians are the worst. Her skating makes me feel cold.

Hah, just kidding. Gabby rocks and congrats to her. :biggrin:

Back to our regular schedule of focusing on how Medvedeva has beaten Yu Na and the gross injustice. :laugh:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Totally off topic but I LOVE seeing the variety of flags beneath poster's names. This community is a lot more international than I had realized!

yuki

Final Flight
I know I'm gonna get yelled at for saying it, but Mao's not the skater she used to be, and I don't mean in terms of technical ability. She's really lost a lot of the spark and feeling that made her so special to watch (although she of course retains many of her other lovely qualities and that can't be disputed). I'm disappointed by her decline.

Not going to yell at you, but she is injured and has been since the end of last season. It's difficult for her to even be competing here.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Medvedeva beat YUNA"S SCORE as well.

Took me a while to realize that.

Insane night. No wonder Daleman gets 72+.

I feared inflation... Its happening...

ISU have been egging on to wipe out Yuna's record for quite a while now. When she is around, she keeps everyone's PCS in check.

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Solid routine, though she looks a bit slow today. But if this program does not get a higher SS, choreo and IN score than Evgenia, it is unjust

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I know I'm gonna get yelled at for saying it, but Mao's not the skater she used to be, and I don't mean in terms of technical ability. She's really lost a lot of the spark and feeling that made her so special to watch (although she of course retains many of her other lovely qualities and that can't be disputed). I'm disappointed by her decline.

She wasn't good today but the program was presented very well in SA. I think she's probably feeling worse now.