2016 NHK Trophy Short Dance | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Short Dance

mrrice

Record Breaker
Do we have west coast stream and start time for the Men. The DM stream on YouTube has actually been working very well, if a bit delayed.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
4ever, isn't there a Japanese coach who belongs on your list? Don't know his name or even his skater's name(s) at this point, but I'd recognize him if I saw hime. Keep a lookout for him! He's definitely been noted and commented on in the threads.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
For almost all couples, some button-pushing (but no point deductions) for violations of choreo restrictions.

[No time for complacency, but congratulations to Tessa and Scott :dance2: :yay:.]

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
definitely.... i remember a few coaches from Japan that were OMG... but i don't remember whom they were coaching so couldn't include them.... i'd bump Javi for that Japanese coach ;) anyways, Javi has lots of admirers ;)
4ever, isn't there a Japanese coach who belongs on your list? Don't know his name or even his skater's name(s) at this point, but I'd recognize him if I saw hime. Keep a lookout for him! He's definitely been noted and commented on in the threads.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Do we have west coast stream and start time for the Men. The DM stream on YouTube has actually been working very well, if a bit delayed.

I have 2:30 am PDT written down on a scrap of paper for the men's free. Can't guarantee it.

StormyCloudss

On the Ice
She did the exact same thing at Trophee de France. Not sure if it's part of the choreo, they did get positive GOEs so who knows...

That's interesting, because it's the only reason that I can think of for the reduced levels...

If it is choreo, I'm not sure why it'd be interpreted differently, but maybe a more lenient tech panel in France...?

Edit: I don't think GOEs are a really good indicator because IIRC the tech panel just hands out levels and GOEs are from the judges who aren't necessarily aware of change in levels.

Last edited:

auser

Record Breaker

West coast time for Men's Free is 2:30 AM. I will post streaming links if people wish them. What is the DM stream on YT?

glorybox6

Final Flight
It's amusing to me that the French (#8) and Canadian (#4) judges gave identical components to their respective home teams (two 9.5s, three 9.75s) and virtually identical (lower) scores (9s and 9.25s) for the other country's team (though the French judge was slightly more generous to V/M, giving both teams a 9.75 for PE).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
yeah... better get the drinks for pairs ready cause... if i stay sober for dance... cause i need all my brain... for pairs, i prefer a slight buzz... SO SCARY that damn twist and throws and lifts... ugh....

let's meet in the next thread!!!!
It's nearly time for the blink and you'll miss it pairs event.

rain

Record Breaker
Where I would critique P/C in the SD here is a couple of things. From the start of the dance, in the blues section, they are too balletic upright, too stiff through the shoulders and the back. It doesn't look as if they relate well to the music. Then, in the pattern (and this is compared to V/M) their leg lines aren't an exact match though the first part. Picky, sure, but those little things contribute to the overall vibe. I actually find the swing section to be better in terms of getting the mood of the dance right. They loosened up (the choreography really demanded it) and had better expression. A well-skated program to be sure, but those are the areas I'd want to look at if I was their coach.

That's my two cents.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow, was the button for violation for choreography restrictions broken? Every team got at least one. That's a first. :shocked:

liberrhythm

On the Ice
Is it possible for a GOE to be greater than 3?? I was looking at V/M's protocols and their first element got a 3.14 GOE lol.

Last edited:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Where I would critique P/C in the SD here is a couple of things. From the start of the dance, in the blues section, they are too balletic upright, too stiff through the shoulders and the back. It doesn't look as if they relate well to the music. Then, in the pattern (and this is compared to V/M) their leg lines aren't an exact match though the first part. Picky, sure, but those little things contribute to the overall vibe. I actually find the swing section to be better in terms of getting the mood of the dance right. They loosened up (the choreography really demanded it) and had better expression. A well-skated program to be sure, but those are the areas I'd want to look at if I was their coach.

That's my two cents.

I agree with you. I thought during the first part, "This is beatable," but then during the second part, "Hmm, not sure if it is." But it turns out that it was lol.