2016 NHK Trophy Ladies FS | Page 34 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Ladies FS

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
I'm so happy with the podium!
Something changed after the nationals for Anna Pogo and I hope she'll continue skating like this. I can't wait to see her at the GPF. :clap:
And I'm in love with Satoko's FS! the choreography, the music, the costume, the interpretation. I don't mind the small jumps :)

Well done also to Maria, I constantly forget she's only 16.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I also loved Anna's winners interview. She thanked the audience for their warm support and said 'arigatiou' so charming.
I would like Anna to be World Champion.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
How is she overscored ?. Who is BETTER than this girl at the moment ?.

I don't care who is "better" or worse, i am talking about the way she is marked. She would probably still win most competitions (or all) with being scored accordingly to what she does

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
NHK Channel plans to rebroadcast this event later in the day. I hope they have Nagasu and Higuchi's free skates!

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
Uhh, Anna's my favorite by far, but even I can tell that Evgenia is anything but mediocre. There is fluidity and softness in her skating coupled with certain freshness that stands out. Personal preference shouldn't totally cloud our ability to see other skaters' merits.

(To be fair, though, I'm having a really hard time myself trying to find something unique in Sotsokova, because right now she's under the "yet another forgettable princess" label in my books, lol. Heh, I'm kinda relieved that I decided to skip GPF this season because the bottom half of that lineup is a bore to me, although Satoko's SP is slowly worming itself into my affections. )

But Eugenia's programs can be acceptable not for all spectators - to much drama, too much sound effects, too much theatrical effects... And so that's how it is...

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
I don't care who is "better" or worse, i am talking about the way she is marked. She would probably still win most competitions (or all) with being scored accordingly to what she does
Kaitlyn is often overscored, go complain about that. Or is it just young Russian girls that you hate-on ?.

MIM

Medalist
I think I found my new best friend from the judging panel.
Judge No.1 Ms. Elizabeth RYAN AUS

She gave Karen and Yura the highest PE, CO, IN in the SP.
Here, again she separated PE, CO, IN from SS, TR and gave PE CO IN like this;

9.25+ : Satoko, Maria
8.75+ :Anna
8.25+ : Karen, Yura
8.00+ : Higuchi
7.75 : Mirai
7.50+ : Elizabet
7.00+ : Aliane

:thumbsup:

treeloving

Medalist
Australian judge love Maria..... even more than Russian judge......... May be she love pretty princess program.

I think Japanese judge and USA judge has the most similar view point to me.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I think I found my new best friend from the judging panel.
Judge No.1 Ms. Elizabeth RYAN AUS

She gave Karen and Yura the highest PE, CO, IN in the SP.
Here, again she separated PE, CO, IN from SS, TR and gave PE CO IN like this;

9.25+ : Satoko, Maria
8.75+ :Anna
8.25+ : Karen, Yura
8.00+ : Higuchi
7.75 : Mirai
7.50+ : Elizabet
7.00+ : Aliane

:thumbsup:

Was this the same AUS judge from the SP that was handing out PCS like free candy? :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think people are more upset about PCS rather than TES and placement.

Ok...then why only complain that her PCS is too low but leave out that her TES is realistically a bit high? She gets pretty good scores IMO but cherry picking to get more while ignoring the whole picture seems a bit Dishonest to me. 198 considering the entire event is a pretty fair score is it not??

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
I completely agree with you... At the moment Medvedeva is the best female figure skater on earth...
Nobody can jump like her...

Joking? Medvedeva has UR's - first. And the second - it's wrong to call somebody the best FIGURE SKATER only because he/she is a good jumper. Figure Skating is not only about jumps... That tano-hysteria is only a tano-hysteria...

atsumiri

Record Breaker
I think people are more upset about PCS rather than TES and placement.
i'm more upset about TES here.
Satoko's TES should be way toooo low.... Her SP's score is joke. Way too high, for a downgrade, missed combo-fall, and only 3-2... Where are all the people who judged Kaetlyn Osmond's scores for being home cooking? Satoko should have scored in the 50's.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
those being angry or loving shin amano ;) well this tech panel was just as harsh ;) i think it's not about one judge but a whole movement of ISU trying to send clear messages to avoid issues in big events about to come.

topaz emerald

Match Penalty
Uhh, Anna's my favorie by far, but even I can tell that Evgenia is anything but mediocre. There is fluidity and softness in her skating coupled with certain freshness that stands out. Personal preference shouldn't totally cloud our ability to see other skaters' merits.

(To be fair, though, I'm having a really hard time myself trying to find something unique in Sotsokova, because right now she's under the "yet another forgettable princess" label in my books, lol. Heh, I'm kinda relieved that I decided to skip GPF this season because the bottom half of that lineup is a bore to me.)

evgenia M, I feel, is consistent, however, she has very weak skating skills/edges, she is very slow, and there is just nothing to admire about her except her consistency in her jumps, at the moment, but her technique is so bad that I wonder how much longer she can labor those jumps as she continues to grow. Sorry, just my opinion :) Her skating is the complete opposite of Maria Sotskova, this girl has it all. I've watched her programs since she was a junior, and thought she's unique compared to her fellow countrymen, but I guess for a time, she struggled with puberty? but it seems now she got over that obstacle. I would love to see her BEAT Evgenia badly one of these days....like pretty much annihilate her, lol, that girl does not deserve the outrageous scores she's been getting from these judges. I just feel Anna and maria are examples of a high quality skater, whereas Evgenia somewhere in the middle, or average.