2016 NHK Trophy Ladies FS | Page 36 | Golden Skate

2016 NHK Trophy Ladies FS

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
i'm more upset about TES here.
Satoko's TES should be way toooo low.... Her SP's score is joke. Way too high, for a downgrade, missed combo-fall, and only 3-2... Where are all the people who judged Kaetlyn Osmond's scores for being home cooking? Satoko should have scored in the 50's.

To me here was more or less the same.

Kaetlyn's SP at Skate Canada should have been around 70.

From what i've seen here i don't agree with some of the calls, i thought Sotskova was above 60 in the TES.

But at the end, you know what? i don't mind, Japan and Canada wanted their top skaters at the final and they made it: that doesn't leave the fact that Kaetlyn hasn't skate clean FP from a very long time (maybe ever), and Satoko's jumps are still underrotated most of the time.

Hoping in a fair judging at the finals, let's see what happens there.

Last edited:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Sorry dear, but with her 33 pcs, a 2a and three spins combinations she already gets 50. There's also her step sequence and jump combo, that's how she got 64, not 74 with mistakes, like some other skaters. If you believe that's wrong, change the rules.
What did Ashley score for her 3+2 program without a fall at CoC? This is still disgusting...

Leonardo

Final Flight
What did Ashley score for her 3+2 program without a fall at CoC? This is still disgusting...

The subject was Satoko and her 64 (biggest overscore of the world, omg) but ok, here we go. Ashley got lv3 in her step sequence, just ok landings on her combo (3-2) and solo 3F (not supposed to be solo), not to mention worse spins and 33 pcs. That's how she got 64. Satoko got -3 from all the judges on her lutz, plus an UR call and a 1.00 point deduction for falling, but she hit everthing else(could be downgrade, but that would only make her score 62 or something). Please read the protocols before complaining. Satoko was not overscored at all this season, if you want to complain about overscoring, go watch Medvedeva and her tano drama show.

MIM

Medalist
wow, can't believe i stayed up to watch this, but Maria Sotskova is breathtaking, I feel finally russia produced a lady skater with the complete package. There is something honest about her skating, such a shame judges put her behind miyahara. Anna P is on fire, but she has stiff knees and doesn't really have nice carriage on the ice. I feel Anna P. and Maria Sotskova are way superior than their compatriot, the mediocre Evgenia.

First time watching Maria. Her music kinda bored me but I love her hands and how she embraces you! Definitely want to see more of her.

Maria needs to lose that look in her eyes. She's such a beauty, why does she have to look so scared all the time? Or maybe that's just her face. Kind of melancholic, even her smiles are.

The honest quality in her skating and her teary eyes captivated me.:love:

atsumiri

Record Breaker
Please read the protocols before complaining. Satoko was not overscored at all this season, if you want to complain about overscoring, go watch Medvedeva and her tano drama show.
i just don't get... here so many complaints about Evgenia's scores
and here we are....
so pleased with Satoko's ...
sooooooo hypocritical

after this.... i'm totally agree with every single point Evgenia's received.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If only it worked that way :p

I would have settled for giving you 4pts PCS and only taking 3pts TES off FYI :dev3:

Anyway....here is some positive feedback on Satoko. Her 2a is really coming along and other than her loop is probably her best jump. You can see a clear take off and smooth landing in these jumps which give the program a boost no doubt. Obviously her spins are always on point and her simple style of skating makes a great impression. I think too she should probably have the highest INT in most events on most nights.

On the flip side if you watch the slow motion replay of her 3z-3t here it was really messy. The 3z is alright but kind of eeked out and she sort of bumps free leg on the 3t into her toe pick foot which actually adds to the pre rotation and she was about 180 short and TBH...I'm not sure the 3t was even a fully rotated 2t as we've seen her do before. I actually thought her 3t was starting to look better so maybe she just got off here tonight.

In regards to PCS I can see how her 3-2-2 combo (brutally slow and low) and the 3z-3t (underwhelming) can actually negatively affect her programs impact (PCS) just as I think her good jumps can positively affect it. I think the two will always be intertwined in scoring regardless of if we like it or not. The jumps will be judged for TES on their own merit but I don't think that means they can't impact a program and its components in several ways.

On to Masha....I was really rooting for Masha but her FS was a not my favorite one by far. I still would rather have seen her in second but the tech panel won that one and I see no need to go any deeper in to it, It's been a good first season for her and she showed incredible courage to go out there and land everything to secure a GPF birth. That's s lot of pressure on her no doubt.

Last edited:

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
thanks for link

LOOOOL
114 from JPN for Maria..... ???????
137.77 from JPN for Anna
138.86 from JPN for SAtoko

145 from RUS for Anna
131.56 from RUS for Satoko
127.83 from RUS for MAria

Those are the kind of things i don't really want to see it.

0.1 GOE from US for Sotskova :laugh:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I would have settled for giving you 4pts PCS and only taking 3pts TES off FYI :dev3:

Imagine how fun bartering for points would be :p "I'll even throw in an extra gift basket for another PCS point"

moriel

Record Breaker
lmao. Where exactly was she lowballed in PCS, sis?? gf got 67, the third highest!

In all categories =)
Take a look at the protocols, and compare scores given by the japanese judge with everybody else's

Clearly lowballed.

Leonardo

Final Flight
i just don't get... here so many complaints about Evgenia's scores
and here we are....
so pleased with Satoko's ...
sooooooo hypocritical

after this.... i'm totally agree with every single point Evgenia's received.

lol, Satoko got a 64 and a 133, Medvedeva is scoring world records (78, 150) with flutzes and other problems. Seriously, I give up :slink:

Ok, so what do you suggest regarding Satoko's scores? Maybe 4 ur calls and an edge call were not enough, the jugdes should actually downgrade all her jumps or give her -10.00 point deduction for being tiny and having horrible jumps. Wait, she would still get the bronze that way, maybe you should create some new deductions.

Last edited:

moriel

Record Breaker
Lets see SS:

other judges:

2 x 9.00
2 x 8.50
3 x 8.25

Japanese: 7.5
American 7.75

And it goes like this to all categories

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wouldn't it be great if every morning before we went to work Satoko's coach was there to give us a pep talk and send us on our way!! I'd also like the Japanese announcer lady to announce my name as I entered the building as I was smacking my thighs like Masha does and then go and have the best day ever :cool:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I think a pep talk from Mie Hamada could get me through even the toughest day :p

yuki

Final Flight
Lets see SS:

other judges:

2 x 9.00
2 x 8.50
3 x 8.25

Japanese: 7.5
American 7.75

And it goes like this to all categories

The problem with this is that the two 9s Maria got for SS are more ridiculous than the 7.5/7.75... :slink: