2017 Jr Worlds Ladies FS | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2017 Jr Worlds Ladies FS

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
These protocols are a wonder of carrots, edge calls and !!!! :drama:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Nah, Zagitova actually hit all the bullets for her GOE. Tanos and difficult entrance, exits. They score her right in the range.

Agreed about the GOEs. At the beginning of the season, I thought Alina was overscored in GOE too, because her landings often were tight or pitched forward and with little flow. But she got pretty high GOE already, which annoyed me tbh. But now she lands her jumps a lot better, and the +2's are definitely deserved. I even like some of her Rippons, even though I generally don't like it too much. She also held her positions a lot better actually than at the beginning of the season... the improvements are huge.

berry8

Final Flight
Social media commentary suggests that Radionova is the most beautiful and desirable woman in figure skating. It also suggests that she has a higher level of heterosexual males among her fanbase. So if you want talk about selection, remember evolution. Also, remember that this is Ladies Figure Skating or as others call it Zhenskoye odinochenoye kataniye. :)

No ill intent.

Zhenskoye odinochenoye kataniye. What does it mean?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
People keep saying that Alina is a sure thing to make the Olympic team next season but she has a lot of growing to do in the next couple years and those jumps might disappear for all we know. That's why i think it should be 16 and up for Worlds and the Olympics. Let these girls prove they can still jumps when they aren't stick figures anymore and have some maturity.

Last edited:

breadstal

Record Breaker
I agree overall with everything other than PCS, Alina earned her gold, she was great in technical side and good performance-wise (shame on judges, not her fault).

Biggest props to Marin who had such a shaky season but put it all togerher here, as defending champion. No one in this competition felt more pressure than her and she's not the strongest competitior, I'm so proud of her. I hope she only will grow better and better and will have the best senior season that she can :love:

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I just watched Lea Dastich and I want to congratulate her for her 7 triple program! Very promising imo.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Is this what the ISU judges want the other girls to imitate next year (cause they will), Do nothing in the first half then backload your program then you get the PCS?

LOL this line is sooo 2014. :cool: Trust me all skaters and their team have been served with this "message" long time ago and yet all this time only Zagitova was successful in the cicuit to win with this formula aside from Zhenya. You know why, because others simply just CAN'T.

Better play with your strengths and pray your team knows how to codewhore.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
People keep saying that Alina is a sure thing to make the Olympic team next season but she has a lot of growing to do in the next couple years and those jumps might disappear for all we know.

Inevitable 'talented Russian Junior girl will lose all her jumps and be a non factor' comment: check.

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
People keep saying that Alina is a sure thing to make the Olympic team next season but she has a lot of growing to do in the next couple years and those jumps might disappear for all we know.
Alina won't grow until the Olympics, she'll stay exactly as she is now. She probably has to live on protein shakes for a year but she can eat all she wants afterwards. *sarcastic*

frida80

Record Breaker
So when are we going to discuss what happened with Polina? Today felt like watching Gracie at US national, wondering what the heck happens here. Is she injured? Did something happen?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I just watched Lea Dastich and I want to congratulate her for her 7 triple program! Very promising imo.

I would be nice to have a skater that can actually compete for medals after such a long time. Tanja Szewchenko is the last skater I remember who medalled. Over 20 years ago. Then maybe the sport would have some more exposure besides the pairs competition.

mcq

Record Breaker
People keep saying that Alina is a sure thing to make the Olympic team next season but she has a lot of growing to do in the next couple years and those jumps might disappear for all we know. That's why i think it should be 16 and up for Worlds and the Olympics. Let these girls prove they can still jumps when they aren't stick figures anymore and have some maturity.

Disagree. Some skaters body change after 16, some change at the age of 13/14 (Look at Marin, her hips already stick out comparing to when she was 12). Some skaters body does not even change much despite puberty. 15 is alright. I am actually sad that many of these 15 years old deserve more to be on the senior field because their quality is better than many senior skaters out there, but their age kept them from doing so