2017 JGP Brisbane Ladies FS | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Brisbane Ladies FS

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Umm...Ando? Unless 20 y.o. doesn't count as young in your book.

Well obviously Ando :palmf: but we've had a long drought, a very long one, and finally things are moving, which is what tars was even addressing in the first place. It was history, and it's good for ladies' skating overall and trying to minimize it just looks pathetic.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Bet had a << and fall so calling this a 'better' attempt is laughable and tars didn't say attempt. So which young lady landed a quad in the past 10+ years, even if UR?
Yes, this was history and you can cry about it until kingdom come.

if this is history.. . a < quad attempt.. then jason brown's quads are just as valid... NOT... sorry not sorry

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I'm especially impressed by Sasha's two 3Lz and two 3F with no edge issues whatsoever. With a quad, her BV is insane. All she would need is a 3A to max that BV.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Trusova's overall performance was really impressive. Her SS for a 13 yr old is just really impressive! :love:

Her spins though need lots of improvement. She needs more extension and speed. Get her to gymnastics class Eteri!

Can wait for her to go head to head against Gubanova!

Kittosuni

Medalist
if this is history.. . a < quad attempt.. then jason brown's quads are just as valid... NOT... sorry not sorry

Not sure which is more insulting

A 13 yr. old girl's quad being compared to a more seasoned grown man or

A more seasoned grown man's quad being compared to a 13 year old girl

Country
Russia
Congratulate us all - new star born. I mean Riko Takino, Trusova and Gulyakova are well known in Russia from season 2015/2016. So about Sasha and Nastya good, but could be better.
As for me, star Trusova was born at January 2016 when she landed at warm-up several very nice 3Lz rippon.

Country
Russia
I'm especially impressed by Sasha's two 3Lz and two 3F with no edge issues whatsoever. With a quad, her BV is insane. All she would need is a 3A to max that BV.

And Sasha broke the record, she has highest score for international debut. Previous - Panenkova at Sofia Trophy 197.37. Zagitova an year ago had 194.37.
I believe at this JGP event all Ladies are underscored. They deserved higher score, while placing is right.

Country
Russia
Can wait for her to go head to head against Gubanova!

Why only Gubanova? Tarakanova won Trusova past season both at Younger and Elder age Nationals.
And Miss Rippon Panenkova. And Vasilieva is very strong too. And Rika Kihira.

sarama

Medalist
Her spins though need lots of improvement. She needs more extension and speed. Get her to gymnastics class Eteri!

Her spins need improvement, but that's just because Eteri makes spins all about flexibility. She probably isn't the most flexible girl on planet and considering her jumping abilities I wouldn't force her on that aspect. There are lovely spinners out there without being contortionists, and she doesn't look comfortable in many of her positions so I'd say just change her spins!

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
Trusova is truly a rare talent in FS. My only wish is do not push her too hard so that she can shine on ice in many years to come.

Ting Cui is also a very impressive skater to me at this event.