2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 79 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

apple123

On the Ice
So I just read that Tessa wanna use the Pride & Prejudice soundtrack badly in Sochi, she even made several music cut. But Marina denied it and Scott went along with Marina's "instinct". Now Marina is giving this piece to another team in the face of VM. That's so messed up. Does Marina has any sense of shame?I'm speechless.

MelDee

Final Flight
So I just read that Tessa wanna use the Pride & Prejudice soundtrack badly in Sochi, she even made several music cut. But Marina denied it and Scott went along with Marina's "instinct". Now Marina is giving this piece to another team in the face of VM. That's so messed up. Does Marina has any sense of shame?I'm speechless.

What does it matter now?

Rossig

On the Ice

So maybe Scott should be also blamed, not just Marina? Anyway it was 4 years ago, it was a different couple. People change their minds. And maybe she thought P&P didn't suit V/M, but it suits the couple she trains currently. She has nothing to be ashamed of.

matcha

Medalist
I had no idea Evgenia was partly skating to music from The Leftovers, at least I now have time to mentally prepare and not sob over one of the best shows on TV ending.

It'd be nice if this program looked more 'Evgenia' and less Averbukh demonstrating 'look how great I think I am'.

randomsplashes

Rinkside

It's been three years, I'm sure Tessa has put it all in the past. And even if she wasn't over it, they would've chosen it as their FD this season.

apple123

On the Ice
I'm sure VM are over it coz they're generous and kind. But I can't believe someone is defending Marina here. That's a shady move and you know it. Or maybe you simply have a very different moral compass from me.

olayolay

On the Ice
I'm sure VM are over it coz they're generous and kind. But I can't believe someone is defending Marina here. That's a shady move and you know it. Or maybe you simply have a very different moral compass from me.

If Tessa wanted to use it so much, she could've used it last season or this season. She didn't so I assume she came around to Marina's thinking that it would be a bad vehicle for them.

And why is it a shady move to think music fits one team more than the other? Maybe this team would be better suited to Pride and Prejudice.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Scott has never struck me as a Mr. Darcy type. Maybe a Mr. Rochester type?

Here is the thing about Pride and Prejudice: Almost every girl who has read it or seen the movie has thought of herself as Elizabeth. Elizabeth Bennet is probably my favourite literary heroine. She's smart and feisty and independent. It's a grand, sweeping romance wrapped up in a societal criticism/satire. However, I don't think it would really suit them. Carmen suited them. The Latin Dances suited them.

I doubt Marina did this to upset Tessa. And no team has dibs on music. If that was the case we wouldn't have 10 POTO in a season.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
So I just read that Tessa wanna use the Pride & Prejudice soundtrack badly in Sochi, she even made several music cut. But Marina denied it and Scott went along with Marina's "instinct".

That's too bad, their Sochi FD was the least interesting of their career. Would have loved to see Pride & Prejudice from them. Probably wouldn't have mattered anyway though, since the Gold was locked in for Davis/White. I thought Virtue/Moir had the best Short Dance of the season, yet they still never even beat Davis/White with that, despite outskating them at both the GPF and the non-team portion of the Olympics.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Now Marina is giving this piece to another team in the face of VM.

Their names are Kavita Lorenz & Joti Polizoakis. And it seems like a very nice fit for them, as they skated well to The Sound of Music a couple seasons ago. They are not competition for V&M. They made the free dance at Worlds by the skin of their teeth last season and are trying to qualify a spot for Germany at the Olympics this season, which is not a sure thing, particularly because Kavita Lorenz has been struggling with a bad achilles. They missed the German test skates and are assigned to Nebelhorn without any previous events as far as we know. If they (or one of their teammates who are on the substitute list in case L&P can't compete) are able to qualify an Olympic spot at Nebelhorn, then Lorenz & Polizoakis still have real competition from two other German dance teams at home. So maybe consider enjoying seeing the music finally come to life in a dance program and thank your lucky stars it's not Moulin Rouge, Carmen, Phantom, etc.

Which will be performed by a plethora of other skaters this season. Kudos to the dancers and the dance coaches for offering us more versatile music selections than last season, as well as some new material. (Thus far, we appear to be getting new music from Marina's camp for FDs from at least the Shibs, Muramoto & Reed, Muller & Dieck, and Lorenz & Polizoakis). Before L&P switched to Zoueva this spring/summer, Igor had given them Rachmaninov.

Now, really, we can all do without another Rachmaninov, I think.

apple123

On the Ice
I'm not surprised some American fans are singing praises of Marina. Isn't it their motto "as long as we win, who cares how we win?" World Peace to that.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
This may be an unpopular opinion but some of us do like some of the warhorses.

:slink:

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Is there a thread to talk about the new programs of so-called B listers? I'd love to know what music other skaters are using. Laurine Lecavelier, for one.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Absolutely. Every skater whose program we know is listed here. Check the OPs. And feel free to discuss any skater at all!

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I'm not surprised some American fans are singing praises of Marina. Isn't it their motto "as long as we win, who cares how we win?" World Peace to that.

Wow. Nice that you've decided to insult an entire country's population just because you're angry that not many is willing to join your irrational lynch mob even though the responses in this thread that disagreed with you were not all American. Not even close actually. I think you're too far gone in the need to make V/M out to be helpless victims to understand other people's opinions on the matter.

stella luna

Final Flight

Sadly, you have a point. The Nike ad for Kevin Durant's new Cupcake shoes says: "At the end of the day, winning is all that matters and anything else is just icing on the cake."

Doesn't matter how, at least to the Golden State Warriors.

keasus

On the Ice
Wow. Nice that you've decided to insult an entire country's population just because you're angry that not many is willing to join your irrational lynch mob even though the responses in this thread that disagreed with you were not all American. Not even close actually. I think you're too far gone in the need to make V/M out to be helpless victims to understand other people's opinions on the matter.

Ouch! Great takedown of a delusional uber. Standing ovation for you, VietgrlTerifa. :hap36: