2017 CS Finlandia Mens FS | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2017 CS Finlandia Mens FS

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Did Adam do his Rippon 3lutz? if so, I missed it. Gorgeous program, Adam.:love::luv17::love: Poetry on ice, and such beautiful pristine skating.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Haha Boyang must be fan of Satoko's starwars program, his luke skywalker also has Holst's Planet? Then some jokey music, what a weird section lol.... what???!!!!!!

pearly

Record Breaker
Adam was smart to keep that program. It's beautifully choreographed and the only program so far that moved me. THAT is how you use your arms. And finally Rippon jumps that made musical and choreographic sense.

I agree. I am so sorry to see him behind Vincent. I really hope he gets to go to the Olympics. A clean triple at the beginning would probably have been enough to overtake Zhou.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Did they switch the step sequence from the Cantina theme to the end? I seem to remember them the other way around from the Chinese Grand Prix event.
A little rough but that 4Lz was killer.

mrrice

Record Breaker
I agree. I am so sorry to see him behind Vincent. I really hope he gets to go to the Olympics. A clean triple at the beginning would probably have been enough to overtake Zhou.

I agree. The score was SO close that I think a perfectly clean Adam would have taken it. Adam did beat some great skaters today and after missing Nationals and Worlds last year, this was a good event for him.

viennaskater

Medalist
Haha Boyang must be fan of Satoko's starwars program, his luke skywalker also has Holst's Planet? Then some jokey music, what a weird section lol.... what???!!!!!!

That 'jokey music' is actually part of the soundtrack of the original Star Wars film.

GGFan

Record Breaker
Boyang seemed to be really into the lighter parts of the score. Why didn't his team center the program around those instead of the heavier music?

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I love you Boyang and I am still cheering for you but good lord, is that an awful program.

Sigh.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
You know the old saying, if you try to please everyone you wind up not truly pleasing anyone?

Mr Jin, that program is incoherent, scattershot, and above all random. Lori Nichol, shame on you.

A 20s-esque interlude that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever shoved randomly into the usual overproduced movie soundtrack program?

Oy. Oy. Oy.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Good first step for the Boyangman
The first part of the program totally falls apart if he is hesitant or misses the jumps
The musical transitions were surprising and effective.
I love how he milks the judges during the jazzy bit
The second half he really came into his own.
I think he is still lacking in transitions, but I don't know a lot about what those are. The jump entries seemed simple.
He has to hit confidently in order to make it work. Still, I was transfixed. Love the sweet baby Boyang!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Go Mikhail!

Edit: I should stop doing this as usually after I do, people implode....

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
That 'jokey music' is actually part of the soundtrack of the original Star Wars film.

Some kind of EWOK'S THEME? Completely took me out of the program. There are better and less jarring choices. The thing doesn't quite flow.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I agree. The score SO close that I think a perfectly clean Adam would have take it. Adam did beat some great skaters today and after missing Nationals and Worlds last year, this was a good event for him.

It will take an almost clean Adam to beat Vincent unless Vincent makes numerous mistakes. Even with mistakes in the LP and missing the 3axel in the SP he still beat Adam. If Vincent skates clean his score will be huge even with lower PCS.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
This Elvis song will always remind me of Julia Lip...sob...

On the other hand, this program is as weirdly constructed as previous one. Random Elvis jammed together.. no explanation or cohesion. Saturday at pub... Kolyada looks exhausted, is he injured?

Poor Adam, that was SOOOOO CLOSE!!!!!!!!

GGFan

Record Breaker
When Kolyada hits his jumps they are beautiful. Much bigger fan of his short program. Not that he doesn't have the charisma to pull off the free, but the short is better constructed and he pushes himself artistically there.