2017 JGP Italy Ladies FS | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Italy Ladies FS

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Samodurova and Kostornaya both skated beautifully and made me happy so much! These two are currently the only two junior ladies skaters I feel connected. I mean, Trusova Tarakanova and Panenkova are really strong and can make me wow any day. But I don't feel emotionally connected to their skating.

Kostornaya and Kihira were the favorites here, so Samodurova's gold was really unexpected. But she has nerves of steel! Once more she came as the last skater and stole the show! Amazing. Good that she stands strong beside the Eteri girls and will fight well for Junior Worlds team. I see great potential in her as well as Kostornaya.

By the way, the only reason Kihira qualified to JGP final is that Guliakova didn't get another chance to compete. I bet she could easily get second place one more time, if she had the chance. It's nice that Japanese crowd will have a home country skater to cheer for, though! I wish that skater would be Araki. In my opinion Rika had too many mistakes in that FS to beat Araki overall.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I found these results quite difficult to agree with. To me, Kostornaia was significantly better, like not even close better. And when we consider how many points Samodurova is wasting with that SEQ at the end there, it's absolutely baffling. Even with a UR call.

Purv

Match Penalty
Yes, Alena should have e or ! on lutz ,not on flip..??
I have no idea how those judges score composition between those girl if most of them has the same program(i mean spin/stepseq/spin/jumps)???? Or interpretation? If second part of the program are just jumps? What is interpretation of the program then?They consider only half of the program?

Sofia had better jumps, even if they were easier, I think GOE decised

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Samodurova and Kostornaya both skated beautifully and made me happy so much! These two are currently the only two junior ladies skaters I feel connected. I mean, Trusova Tarakanova and Panenkova are really strong and can make me wow any day. But I don't feel emotionally connected to their skating.

When it comes to the skaters in the JGPF, that's a fair assessment and I don't disagree. But there's at least one who hasn't made her international junior debut yet...

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Yes, Alena should have e or ! on lutz ,not on flip..??
I have no idea how those judges score composition between those girl if most of them has the same program(i mean spin/stepseq/spin/jumps)???? Or interpretation? If second part of the program are just jumps? What is interpretation of the program then?They consider only half of the program?

Sofia had better jumps, even if they were easier, I think GOE decised

It rather was the UR. Alena was better in PCS and would also have been better in TES without it.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
No matter what skater anyone preferred here, looking through and seeing edge calls on correct flips and no calls on questionable lutzes for both Alyona and Sofia is really giving me a headache. Can these people please not be allowed into any TP ever again?

IMO, Alyona should haven taken the win on pure skating quality (that intricate choreo, so much speed!), but I guess I better focus on the silver lining of the right girls going to the final. Rikas PCS being this high despite her freak falls is baffling too, much as I love her. Some really awkward judging here, to be honest.

Congratulations to all the medalists and JGP finalists! Hopefully everyone stays healthy and gets current injuries healed in time (looking at you Daria!) and they can live up to their potential. An absolutely amazing field, can't be said any differently :love:

tjb

Match Penalty
my little baby wuzrobbed. what a shame :(
judges was ready to threw all the candies at rika, but she had a disastrous skate, so they chosen sofia instead

Ender

Match Penalty
I prefer Kihira in the final but she made 4 mistakes while Akari made 1... in my opinion Akari should have won the bronze.

And Samodurova should have got called for the Flutz and got silver but Mishin is there... sigh...

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I love both Sofia and Alena but how on earth did Sofia's skate beat Alena's? Alena had 2 triple-triples, Sofia had none, they both had good PCS.... I don't understand.

I found these results quite difficult to agree with. To me, Kostornaia was significantly better, like not even close better. And when we consider how many points Samodurova is wasting with that SEQ at the end there, it's absolutely baffling. Even with a UR call.

They both got step sequence level 3, everything else level four. They both got ! on a 3F. So that stuff is basically even. As for the base value, Alena backloads two more jumping passes than Sofia does, but Sofia repeats 3Lz and 3F, whereas Alena repeats 3F and 3T. Without the ur call on the triple loop, Alena's BV would only be ~0.5 higher than Sofia's. So she actually doesn't have this big tech advantage in terms of BV.

Now whether the ! or ur calls were right, is a different subject and I didn't watch closely enough to comment on that.

Purv

Match Penalty
I prefer Kihira in the final but she made 4 mistakes while Akari made 1... in my opinion Akari should have won the bronze.

And Somadoruva should have got called for the Flutz and got silver but Mishin is there... sigh...

MEdviedeva(always) and Osmonf(often ) should have get called flutz, but they didnt. Judges dont care anyway for beautiful clean lutz

Ender

Match Penalty
MEdviedeva(always) and Osmonf(often ) should have get called flutz, but they didnt. Judges dont care anyway for beautiful clean lutz
Yeah sadly judges are like: beautiful lutz? You have it? Ok next!!!

Man... I think 2 girls were robbed today. One of a gold and one of a bronze.

russianfan

Match Penalty
how i think results look:

1. Kostornaia
2. Samodurova
3. Araki
4. Kihira

how they really look:

1. Samodurova
2. Kostornaia
3. Kihira
4. Araki

:unsure:

P.S. i think they wanted Kihira in the final so badly because clean Kihira has chances to win JGPF, but clean Araki might not even be on the podium

Ender

Match Penalty
how i think results look:

1. Kostornaia
2. Samodurova
3. Araki
4. Kihira

how they really look:

1. Samodurova
2. Kostornaia
3. Kihira
4. Araki

:unsure:

P.S. i think they wanted Kihira in the final so badly because clean Kihira has chances to win JGPF, but clean Araki might not even be on the podium
Spot on. JSF and the judges know a Akari is still a rough skater who needs to improve her presentation while Kihira is more complete and has serious chance of winning.

But it’s still unfair. Akari and Kostornaia deserve better.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I think it was a bit of politicking. Araki has no chances against the Russian squad same as Mako. Rika has if clean. Rika can even win if she gets two 3As. If Alena skated after Rika there would be no need to hold her score.

Without RIka the only question for JGPF would be if Sofia can be successful against all Eteri's girls at one place. Rika brings additional intrigue.

But objectively (from my subjective POV) it had to be:

Kostornaya
Samodurova
Araki
Kihira

emzdeluxe

On the Ice
Alena was robbed for sure but kudos to the girl for stepping up..she wasn't even invited to test skate and was initially added to JGP events only after her fantastic skate at home competition so a trip to final is like a bonus for her..I like this girl so much and I want her to do well in the future..[emoji3]

Grin

Medalist

This season only Osmond is getting away with her flutzes...