2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Ladies SP | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Ladies SP

randomfan

Record Breaker
Wakaba’s score is baffling. I was shocked along with her and her coach, since I was so sure that it would be at least over 73. I’m thinking it must be an edge call.

Haven’t watched Carolina or Kaori yet (I only watched second group live).

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Skate of the Day for 'Who's that Girl' Valeriia, followed by Dowager Empress Carolina and my Queen Lena. Go Lena, get that Bronze!

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
Whose heartbeats are those? Chopin's?? Why make him die again at the end?

Skating skills better than Carolina Kostner. Ok. L~O~L~:handw::rofl:

That made me laugh because IIRC Chopin had his heart embalmed and sent back to Poland when he died.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I don't mind the heartbeats anymore but the voiceover in the middle.... it was soooo loud here, I don't remember it being so loud before. Everything is so gorgeous and I'm so into the program and then the voice comes and I'm 'what, why?'

But I do love this program for Zhenya. So lovely.

Tulipstar

Medalist
Well, I think that hers are better than Kostner's. Kostner's program was very simple in comparison to hers. With such a simple program, it's easier to have good basics.

Kostner could never skate Medvedeva's program.

I absolutely loved Kostner today, but I'm glad you said it, as people seem to forget about this somehow.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
I don't mind the heartbeats anymore but the voiceover in the middle.... it was soooo loud here, I don't remember it being so loud before. Everything is so gorgeous and I'm so into the program and then the voice comes and I'm 'what, why?'

But I do love this program for Zhenya. So lovely.
The voiceovers are terrible, I agree. It was a bit of a Radionova Titanic moment. Well okay, not that bad.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
The heartbeat at the end is so unnecessary. The crowd got on its feet during you know, the final spin. I pray they take it out, this program is all about light, effortless skating, floating across the ice. Why bog it down with this tacky crap?

I think she was intrepeting a limbo-phase between life and death with this SP. At the end, the ghost voiceover lady you heard in the middle of the program left her body (did you miss the dramatic cough mime at the end?), and she's finally alive/awake again.

P/S: I'm obviously talking out of my rear end. :laugh:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Just curious, how is Zhenya's program not as good as Osmond's or Kostner's, in your opinion?

Well, it's a calculated program while theirs are more free
(and more choreographically mature)

But who cares what i think ;)
She's one of a kind and the judges reward her for it

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
There are things I may forever be iffy about Zhenya but the girl knows how to perform and wear her heart on her sleeves AND keep it all together. Superb performance!

breadstal

Record Breaker
Well, I think that hers are better than Kostner's. Kostner's program was very simple in comparison to hers. With such a simple program, it's easier to have good basics.

Kostner could never skate Medvedeva's program.

I agree with you. But do you think that Evgenia could skate programs like Carolina? ;) I think it's for both sides tbh.