2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 135 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Don't kill me, but the highlight of today was hearing Yulia's voice.
She sounded so kind-hearted and warm, it made me happy. :agree2:

If I want to be honest I never thought Yulia is a real kind person. She is very original and interesting personality but isn't a real kind person as for example Radio. She said herself she is an introvert person and Tuk also said in her latest interview: "Julia has never tried to make people like her, she remained herself … "
I don't say she less loveable :).

tars

Record Breaker
If I want to be honest I never thought Yulia is a real kind person. She is very original and interesting personality but isn't a real kind person as for example Radio. She said herself she is an introvert person and Tuk also said in her latest interview: "Julia has never tried to make people like her, she remained herself … "
I don't say she less loveable :).
I was talking about her voice - it just sounded lovely and kind.
Plus, there is a difference between expressing yourself while being an athlete in super competitive sport and commentating for TV as a spectator/journalist. She looked and sounded pretty relaxed and objective - for example she mentioned, she loves dance and was dreaming about doing it, but it felt like she's already come to terms with her retirement. At least to some degree.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Wait, so a competition is going on in Russia right now that determines who gets to go to nationals? And this competition has like, three stages and a junior and senior category?
Is this the Russian version of America’s Regionals and Sectionals?

tjb

Match Penalty
Wait, so a competition is going on in Russia right now that determines who gets to go to nationals? And this competition has like, three stages and a junior and senior category?

probably not, but i'm not quite familiar with american system. russian cup is more like gp series on the national level, it's 5 events held in a different cities, with skaters participating in 2 events and earning points to qualify

tars

Record Breaker
Yes it is, yes it does, it has 5 stages and a final, all simultaneously in junior and senior categories.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Can somebody read her lips, what she said in the starting pose?

(I hope, it's not something Stolbova said after her SP. :laugh2:)

Almost every time before she skates, she says "c богом" (s bogom) which literally translates to "with god". It is usually said to wish for success.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Really love Evgenia's new dress, I'd say the best ever from her. She seems very fast today. I was worrying about her jumps, but one fall that's all. Skating after Wakaba's great skate, and with the whole nation's eye one you, she handled her nerves again very well.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Skaters fall all the time, but Zhenya falling is really a surprise to everyone. I can see how this is newsworthy :laugh:

Seruleane

Final Flight
Does anyone have the Russian commentary for Zhenya and Lena's FS? From TAT or Yulia (if she was commentating today). Thanks!

whatif

Medalist
I was curious to see Medeveda fall. Just to see her fall technique. That something she needs to still train better. Though the smile while falling did get an extra point from me.

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
I was curious to see Medeveda fall. Just to see her fall technique. That something she needs to still train better. Though the smile while falling did get an extra point from me.

She should have moved this fall to the end, when Karenina throws herself under the train.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Valeriia, I like you! :dance3:And I loved your sparkly dress, I love everything with a star pattern. Or a huge star on the back!