2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 134 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Shayuki

Record Breaker
For us - figure skating geeks her flutz is glaring, but for the other people who are not such it is not ;)
Right, I guess it's true. Ugh, always so difficult to adjust.

Anyway, I thought that she was wonderful today! I also managed to record a video of her skate without commentary which is a godsend considering that I don't think there's anything but Russian commentary VODs online which tend to be a little grating.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Valeriia Mikhailova, I was impressed by your funky SP and character shown on ice! Well done!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Valeriia Mikhailova, I was impressed by your funky SP and character shown on ice! Well done!

Yes, few weeks ago i was angry because they didn't give that spot to Serafima but Valeriia did her best on the SP.

Also Inna Goncharenko is with her this season (best coach at CSKA in my opinion), so she will be fine.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
ABBA girl added some speed, and she tried very hard to do clean 3T without UR. And she did it. Nice program and skate. Congratulations.

Radio - good skate for her, but still boring. And during the warm-up she looked faster than in the program.

Queen - perfect skate, her combo is still scaring me, but overall that was flawless program.

My hl:

1. Evgenia's skate
2. Kaori's skate
3. Mirai's 3A

Grin

Medalist
ABBA girl added some speed, and she tried very hard to do clean 3T without UR. And she did it. Nice program and skate. Congratulations.

Radio - good skate for her, but still boring. And during the warm-up she looked faster than in the program.

Queen - perfect skate, her combo is still scaring me, but overall that was flawless program.

My hl:

1. Evgenia's skate
2. Kaori's skate
3. Mirai's 3A

Evgenia said it wasn't easy for her today. I'm so nervous. Hope she'll be fine.

atsumiri

Record Breaker
1. Evgenia's skate
2. Kaori's skate
3. Mirai's 3A
++++++ 110000000000
Evgenia SP is perfect match of Evgenia and Chopin.
It seems like she is a music, every part of her body represents it, just mesmerizing. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Yeah, she looked a bit slower than usual. Like she tried to be more careful.
my friend who was there said that Evgenia was very fast today. She didn't expect it and was surprised and impressed.

MedoLove

On the Ice
For me, it is when the skaters have completely blank faces that the performance feels fake and not genuine. There is no connection to the music or the audience. I love the way Evgenia performs and she's not the only one doing this as you pointed out. It is interesting that she seems to be the only one criticized for it. I guess it comes down to personal taste at the end.

I completly agree with you.

Janny involves thatre and drama in her performance , and thand that makes the difference, with that it gains a point of authenticity, contrary to what the other user says . Theater actors do the same, unlike movie actors, theater actors are exaggerated, facial expression needs to be strong. Evgenia gives us a reminiscence of drama. In any case, whether people like it or not, it's subjective. I, at least, am bored with those flat interpretations of some, with smiles and sad faces every now and then.

-
I loved the program, especially her body language, glimpses maturity, she is more aware of her body, her hands, the change in the elements.
Beautiful music, flawless performance. She says she is not satisfied and will adjust some things. What a hard-working girl

I'm curious about Julia's commentary (in Evgenia SP), is there a translation?

tars

Record Breaker
Don't kill me, but the highlight of today was hearing Yulia's voice.
She sounded so kind-hearted and warm, it made me happy. :agree2:

Excuse me, but Marin Honda doesn't participate. :p

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I completly agree with you.

Janny involves thatre and drama in her performance , and thand that makes the difference, with that it gains a point of authenticity, contrary to what the other user says . Theater actors do the same, unlike movie actors, theater actors are exaggerated, facial expression needs to be strong. Evgenia gives us a reminiscence of drama. In any case, whether people like it or not, it's subjective. I, at least, am bored with those flat interpretations of some, with smiles and sad faces every now and then.

-
I loved the program, especially her body language, glimpses maturity, she is more aware of her body, her hands, the change in the elements.
Beautiful music, flawless performance. She says she is not satisfied and will adjust some things. What a hard-working girl

I'm curious about Julia's commentary (in Evgenia SP), is there a translation?

i see improvements but those scores are overkill. 80+ without 3A? Those component scores are exaggerated.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Tuktamysheva with another meaningless victory and with stealing Gulyakova's gold medal. 68.00 PCS for the dirty program it's nothing but fake. She doesn't deserve such score, especially on the Gulyakova's background with 62.80 for PCS. Really? I'd say Gulyakova even better in skating skills than Tuktamysheva. This crazy St. Pete inflation should be stopped. As I said, look at Kostornaya, she got 184 points at local Moscow Cup with clean skating, and then at JGP with also clean skating she got 197 points. +13 points at international event. And on the contrary, Tuktamysheva got 204 points for bad skating at inflated St. Pete competiton, at international events she barely will get 180-190 points for such skating. This is madness.