2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Free Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Rostelecom Cup Free Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
These two are really nice to watch and I think they commit to the Carmen theme. I hope they'll work on closer holds and more clean edges in their step sequences -- the difference in skill between them is most glaring there.

in any case a valuable opportunity for them!

Yes, well you know OTT facial expressions cover a multitude of tech sins, don't they?

auser

Record Breaker
Is Betina a popular name in Russia?

More Carmen *sigh* I know there are only 20 odd music choices that can actually be made in skating so I guess I'll have to resign myself to it all.
Mentally blocked that this was Carmen music. Just felt that the program did not work for me. On replay, how my brain did this I do not know :laugh:

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I find them really fascinating as a team. I still question the construction and interpretation of that program...it's all feral aggression from the git go, without the sexual heat (which they slide into the middle of the program), but it's definitely growing on me.

But they are a surprisingly good match as a team.

Yes, this this is not the most intricate and sublime program ever but it suits their temperaments, show their strenghts and is generally fun. It's kinda rare for a new team to be such a joy to watch

andromache

Record Breaker
I don't like this program at all - the music isn't to my taste - but why all the incest jokes? I don't think they look romantic or sexual at all.

Their skating skills are definitely the class of this warm up group, and that final move/lift/whatever at the end was awesome.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
These two are really nice to watch and I think they commit to the Carmen theme. I hope they'll work on closer holds and more clean edges in their step sequences -- the difference in skill between them is most glaring there.

in any case a valuable opportunity for them!

I think that athough being a new item in Russian ID scene, they have got one of the best packaging this year, especially with FD which plays on their performance-wise strenght, as for Popova at least. It's a warhorse, but if done with right punch and face - gets interesting and believable. Very strong technical score I'd say - definitely a good prospects for them

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Hold up- is this a Ghost Dance program? It is!

Well in that case, their costumes are far too clean and unragged.

Twizzle trouble.

Honestly- and I love this music- but the program just doesn't come together for me. Something about the choreography, or maybe their on ice presence, but it just left me cold

Kittosuni

Medalist
P/M needs a lot of improvement buy boy they are promising!

Their improvement compared from last year is just mind blowing.