2017 GP Skate America Mens SP | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Mens SP

dailytg20

On the Ice
I mean no shade but I know a receptionist at a radiology clinic with this exact haircut and she's a lovely woman.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Kevin Reynolds

Tech: 4S+3T, but 4S looks under-rotated to me and double-footed. Fine on the 3A. Only a 2T on the planned 4T. Neat jumps in the upright spin. Alright footwork and spins.

Pres: It's hard to skate to jazz while emphasizing it with precision. Many times the details get drowned out by all of the notes in the music. He was able to have fairly good timing here and there in the footwork. Reynolds still needs to work on holding a position and selling it and not being so frenetic in his movements.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Kevin’s best short program ever was Chambermaid Swing. Winner of a small bronze medal at 2013’s worlds. Bring it baaaaack!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Taka had better attack on the SP last year. Dare I even think it, but I hope he's not injured. He tends to hurt his ankle with those high, explosive jumps of his.

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
The concept of Black Friday always baffled me when I moved here from Norway. :slink:

I stayed in this morning to steer clear of the crazies. San Francisco is already hectic enough without today happening. :hopelessness:

I'm with you. I slept in then went skating! The only store I went to was the coffee shop.

Back to Kevin- the thing about his skating is that it is generally not memorable to me. Which is funny given that he is well known for pushing the envelope.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Wow, Roman may have gotten the highest TES among the Canadian men. (He did beat Kevin in the free skate and the over-all score at the Finlandia Trophy.)

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Alright, I definitely like Kevin's program a lot more with the costume change. He hits the jazz styling quite well.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
GREAT piece of music to skate to, Mr Reynolds. Take Five isn't the only midcentury American jazz piece. And it suits him so so much better than classical noodling.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
GREAT piece of music to skate to, Mr Reynolds. Take Five isn't the only midcentury American jazz piece. And it suits him so so much better than classical noodling.

Yes, I actually like the program. Hope he improves on it.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Yikes. Canada's easily losing the team gold to Russia if Patrick Chan doesn't get cracking again.