2017 GP Skate America Pairs FS | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Pairs FS

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
Nothing but respect for MY solo pairs queen, Xiaoyu. Is it mean I'm happy zhang is making mistakes? People say they think yu is a better fit than peng, assuming that zhang is a better skater than jin and deserves the 'stronger' girl. But will it always be the case?

Meagan and Eric's score was a bit low. I was surprised.

Great program from S/M even if looks a little rough in places.

Ps: I had to rewrite all of this. It is the second time that I try to edit a message and the forum just erases it (on mobile)

NicolettaL

Final Flight
She’s a woman of many talents! Seriously, how many languages is she proficient in?! :eeking: All I speak is English, and sometimes I feel like I fail even at that. :laugh:

I'm assuming
But fluent German (that's confirmed)
Ok English
Ukrainian and she propably understands Russian too.
Skaters are good in languages. Take Ondrej Hotarek. He speaks fantastic English, Czech, Italian, bits of Polish and understands spanish :) Acutually I've heard him saying that he has troubles with languages. He is in his Czech home with Michal Brzezina, then Anna texts or calls him (they speak in Italian) and they he goes back to conversation with Michal in Italian with Michal without even noticing :laugh::laugh:
Please let me mourn Vannessa and Morgan's GPF for a sec :(((((((((
I have a giant problem with D/R I do appreciate their work, but this Muse FS does not do anything for me, and also her costume...
I've got chills during Aliona and Bruno even with tiny wobbles.

Icey

Record Breaker
i don't usually watch pairs, but will after today. What is the story about the Chinese switching partners mentioned by many posters?

Xzander

Rinkside
I want Aljona and Ksenia to ditch their partners and form a pair together. Now that would be fierce.

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Savchenko rules! Loved that LP. I don't get all the love for Zhang's throws as I have always found the Chinese men's kicking up a leg as they throw, quite ugly and distracting. So they can throw their partner the length of a sofa (as Peter Carruthers used to say). The other men don't do that. Zhang is one tough, strong male skater. Surely he could throw Yu w/o kicking up his leg. Judges/technicians are so picky about everything else so why has this leg kick been allowed? Knierem/Knierem are beautiful skaters but something's wrong with this pair.

It's a kind of aesthetic that's unique to Chinese pairs. Just like how you land the twist, the throws, and the lifts on one foot, and just like how you come out of other pairs elements basically also in that same T position because I'm not educated enough to know what it's called, it's an aesthetic that Chinese pairs strive for. And like you said, it gives them that boost to throw the girls higher and farther. Unless you want to look like Cipres when he's throwing Vanessa in a quad salchow.

QuadThrow

Medalist
We all have our preferences but I've seen Sui/Han improve year to year and there's no pushing required. They're just that good

To me artistically improvement does not mean to choose an overused music because you want to play save.

Kutien

Final Flight
1Aljona SAVCHENKO / Bruno MASSOT GER223.1331video
2Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG CHN219.2022video
3Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN215.6813video
4Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT RUS197.8945video
5Alexa SCIMECA KNIERIM / Chris KNIERIM USA189.0756video
6Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO CAN187.8174
7Haven DENNEY / Brandon FRAZIER USA172.1667video
8Deanna STELLATO / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY USA165.0088video

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I think that as we are at this moment, the first two places at the Olys will be between Sui/Han and S/M. Battle royale! :hap93:

The bronze however....there are at least four pairs who might get it. It will be nails baiting till the last moment. I cannot decide for whom i would cheer more: T/M or St/Kl, i love both this teams :yahoo:. J/C are just not my cup of tea and while i liked Yu and Zhang today, i don't love their skating as much.

QuadSal

On the Ice
i don't usually watch pairs, but will after today. What is the story about the Chinese switching partners mentioned by many posters?

Apperently Yu and Jin used to be together and so did Peng and Zhang, however the swapped Peng and Yu over about 1 1/2 ago, but lots of people were complaining about the switch because alot of people at first thought that Yu/Jin was better together.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
To me artistically improvement does not mean to choose an overused music because you want to play save.

oh right, your only reasoning to give S&H lower PCS was their music, cause PCS is all about music:eek:hwell:

GGFan

Record Breaker

We can have a discussion about the merits of both programs but at the end of the day if I just look at Bruno one of these things is not like the other 3. We can be polite and dress it up anyway we can, but this is still pairs and two skating as one still beats one amazing partner with a really good skater.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Nothing but respect for MY solo pairs queen, Xiaoyu. Is it mean I'm happy zhang is making mistakes?

Yes.

People say they think yu is a better fit than peng, assuming that zhang is a better skater than jin and deserves the 'stronger' girl. But will it always be the case?

It is the case. The reason for the switch, at a time the Chinese Pairs were in decline, was to ensure strong results at the Beijing Olympics. Yu/Zhang has been on the podium consistently since they teamed up. U U was reluctant at first but soon decided to devote herself to achieve her potential as advised by their coaches, and the new team has gotten better and better since then. If they continue to improve, they may get on the Olympic podium.

Their performance today was sublime and worth celebrating instead of bitterness.

LadyB

Record Breaker
“Warm” and Ksenia don’t mix. :laugh:
Mixes perfectly. She's certainly more emotional and passionate (in a very positive sense) than some of the other ladies. Not that I know any of them personally. She's beautiful, classy, sexy and hot. Not cold. I have a mega crush on Fedor, but boy, believe me, I love my Ksenia as well. :devil::laugh:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Apperently Yu and Jin used to be together and so did Peng and Zhang, however the swapped Peng and Yu over about 1 1/2 ago, but lots of people were complaining about the switch because alot of people at first thought that Yu/Jin was better together.

To add to that, everyone painted Zhang Hao as the bad guy who orchestrated the switch, and assumed it was him who wanted to dump Peng Cheng for a “better partner” and a better chance at winning gold in Beijing in 2022...

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Mixes perfectly. She's certainly more emotional and passionate (in a very positive sense) than some of the other ladies. Not that I know any of them personally. She's beautiful, classy, sexy and hot. Not cold. I have a mega crush on Fedor, but boy, believe me, I love my Ksenia as well. :devil::laugh:

Hee hee hee, it’s been a running gag over the last six weeks of GP competitions here in the GS threads, involving Ksenia being the epitome of death and gore. I need KevinVChicago to get in here and back me up. :laugh: