9Paige CONNERS / Evgeni KRASNOPOLSKI ISR163.55109 video
10Lola ESBRAT / Andrei NOVOSELOV FRA160.47810 video
11Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTU ESP152.081111 video
12Lana PETRANOVIC / Antonio SOUZA-KORDEIRU CRO134.971312 video
13Ioulia CHTCHETININA / Mikhail AKULOV SUI130.091213 video
14Sofiya KARAGODINA / Semyon STEPANOV AZE117.951414 video

anyanka

Record Breaker
Sorry, but Russia wins the prize for the rudest crowds. Olympics and Worlds have been held in many countries but no where else do you hear "Ru-ssi -a" chanted before another country skates or the lack of applause if another country's skater skates well. Canada, imo, has the most knowledgable and courteous audiences.

Speaking as a Canadian ... there was 2013W pairs FS, when a clean D/R were placed 1.00 exactly behind S/S, and the crowd lustily booed. Aljona just shrugged and smiled in an embarrassed way. I was a little embarrassed at that too, to be honest.

I do take the compliment about Canadian audiences (thank you :clap:), but I myself think the Japanese are the most knowledgeable and courteous, especially 2014 worlds.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Exactly! If they were scored correctly, J/C would be on the podium.

Yup... another thing: Z/E's 3T+2T+1L ... that should have been lower GOE... they were very obviously out of unison and they singled the loop. Same goes for the salchow where she clearly jumped and landed before him, and it was clearly an error (should have been -1's).

anyanka

Record Breaker
Conclusion. Oh Aljona. You have made the right decision to stay at home. It will be more fair at the Olympics because the Canadian and the Chinese judge will not support this Russian overscoring.

The German judge won't stand for it, either. Any American judges, BTW?

Andrea82

Medalist
Judge No.9 Mr. Anthony LEROY (France)

T/M

3S +2
3STh +3

S/K

3Tw1 +2
3T+2T +2
3STh +1

Z/E

3T+2T+1Lo 0
5RLi4 +1
5ALi4 +2

J/C

3Tw2 +1
2T+2T+1T -3
4Sth 0
3S +2

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Tbh I am not sure if J/C were underscored in PCS. I have only seen part of what the Russians did and I did not see Z/E at all. But no matter how much I like J/C, this was a bad skate. Nothing really worked for them and I immediately wondered why. Botched elements, lack of sync, lack of energy, no real connection to the music, in short this was far from their best and not a performance to fight for euro gold, maybe not even for a medal. I also don't think the comparison to Sochi is correct because Yuna had an excellent skate. The same can hardly be said of J/C today. :(

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
What....the hell happened??? :eek:

T/M skated well and got an easy win, even with crazy PCS it was very well deserved.

The French had a major error doubling the SBS jump, and had minor spin and lift issues.

The French were scored appropriately on PCS, I think. But the #2 and #3 Russians got way too generous PCS and GOE, putting the French in 4th when they really deserved silver.

TL:DR -- "It's RUSSIA!" #CarolLane

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
The German judge won't stand for it, either. Any American judges, BTW?

German judge won't stand? ORLY? Open the scores from EC and look the marks of german judge Karin Ehrhard (Judge no.6 in free skate panel).... Absolutely pro-russian judging

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
The issue is not in PCS with J/C, it's the comparaison scoring of GOEs among the teams. Like a double standard.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Tbh I am not sure if J/C were underscored in PCS. I have only seen part of what the Russians did and I did not see Z/E at all. But no matter how much I like J/C, this was a bad skate. Nothing really worked for them and I immediately wondered why. Botched elements, lack of sync, lack of energy, no real connection to the music, in short this was far from their best and not a performance to fight for euro gold, maybe not even for a medal. I also don't think the comparison to Sochi is correct because Yuna had an excellent skate. The same can hardly be said of J/C today. :(

Totally. This was far from worthy of Euro gold especially with T/M's skate. But it was worthy of silver. I actually would have had S/K (who had 3 obvious errors, including a fall... and that was just the FS) in 4th behind J/C 2nd and Z/E 3rd.

whatif

Medalist
German judge won't stand? ORLY? Open the scores from EC and look the marks of german judge Karin Ehrhard (Judge no.6 in free skate panel).... Absolutely pro-russian judging

I think you need to make up your mind with your conspiracy. LOL.

anyanka

Record Breaker

Yeah, but Aljona and Bruno didn't compete today ... :shrug:

anyanka

Record Breaker
I think I'll go party with Vale, Ondrej, Nicole and Matteo. The Italians likely have a really hot party going on right now. M/H in particular were fabulous.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
The issue is not in PCS with J/C, it's the comparaison scoring of GOEs among the teams. Like a double standard.

Agreed. They have a clean SBS 3S (Morgan was a bit wild on the landing but it was landed - maybe a 0 at worst... if they were Russian it would have been +1/2's across) and that gets -GOE... meanwhile, the Russians are two footing throws (T/M), having poor twist (S/K), Z/E having a scratchy loop landing and what looked like a touchdown (hard to see for sure).... and getting GOE gifts galore.

Nocturne

On the Ice
The German commentator didnt like Tarasovas dress because it reminded her of a bee and 2 minutes later my husband comes home, looks at the TV and says: "Why is she dressed as a bee?" xD
A different colour might have been better.

Regarding the results, T/M won fair and square but the French deserved silver. They had less disruptive errors than S/K and a lead over them and still lost out... :( I dont feel that's right

Andrea82

Medalist
Spots for 2019 Euros

Russia (1+2=3) 3 spots
France (4+10=14) 2 spots
Italy (5+6=11) 3 spots
Austria 2 spots
Germany 2 spots
Israel 2 spots