2018 Europeans Mens FS | Page 50 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Mens FS

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I really don't know how I feel about these new medals..

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
If we are going to feel sorry for anyone can we please save it for Alexander Majorov?? I mean he's 7th here with a huge PB and the Swedish Olympic Committee put such a huge requirement on him he was never going to make it.

SEND ALEXANDER MAJOROV TO THE OLYMPICS SWEDISH OC!

The requirement is ridiculous. Majorov deserves to go to olympics.
Though i would be happy for MCM.

Spot

On the Ice
I really enjoyed Vasiljevs and Aliev, and Rizzo has a certain elegance I quite enjoyed as well!

Alchamei

Record Breaker
well certain forumer hate Samarin, he isn't that bad, he is tall which may be awkward for some like Jeremy Abbott.

It's not because he is tall. It's because he constantly skates with mouth open and no other expression, he has no choreo and transitions and can't interpret the music. He is Kovtun no.2. His technical ability is very impressive, but he desperately needs to improve his skating overrall.

girl in red

Rinkside
well done to all men and boys...oh well who am i kidding i just came to say bychenko has become quite a cutie:luv17::eek::

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Samarin's hideous, empty programs have no place at the Olympics. They belong in a dumpster.

Samarin didn't deliver today after his botched FS at Nationals. Though his programs are not easily likable by everyone and he needs to work on presentation and basics apart from jumps. Otherwise, he would remain as mere a jumper, but skaters labelled as jumping beans even boost their jump prowess, so he needs to land jumps consistently. That would be a dilemma for him.

By the way, we used to be in an opposite position. During the junior GP series, I was the one to criticize his skating style, while you supported him. Just saying. I'm fickle and easily swayed by how skaters can present which program though.

starla16

Medalist
Samarin didn't deliver today after his botched FS at Nationals. Though his programs are not easily likable by everyone and he needs to work on presentation and basics apart from jumps. Otherwise, he would remain as mere a jumper, but skaters labelled as jumping beans even boost their jump prowess, so he needs to land jumps consistently. That would be a dilemma for him.

By the way, we used to be in an opposite position. During the junior GP series, I was the one to criticize his skating style, while you supported him. Just saying. I'm fickle and easily swayed by how skaters can present which program though.

Samarin had boot issue at nationals, this could still have still affected him. A Clean Samarin would have beaten a clean Aliev at Euros.

kimganos

On the Ice
That's why I love him so much. You remember his SP to Oblivion last year?
A) I love Oblivion
B) Thanks to that I understood what is this fuzz about skating skills
Cause his moves are perfect, so redefined and amazing.

Absolutely!👍 He became a True Star today! I love him!

ewdokia

On the Ice
a head to head skate off, just to drill the consistency. I say they are even
Samarin medaled in GP, silver in nationals, Aliev no medals in GP, 3rd in nationals and a silver in Euros.
Dima was injured the whole season, so how would you expect him to produce results? And if judges at RN had not given out PCS by favouritism, Dima should have placed above Samarin already at Nats. In fact he was lucky to get a spot at Euros.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Maybe you are thinking of someone else...I have never been a Samarin fan :scratch2:

berry8

Final Flight
I only menaged to watch the last two groups... Some of the FP were so good... Hope Aliev will make the Olympic Team[emoji41]

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm so happy for Javi! 6 time consecutive European champion!

I love the FS filled with lightness and joyful moments. Congratulations! :)

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
Just to add more: The last time a man won six consecutive European titles was Karl Schäfer from Austria. He won the titles eight consecutive times from 1929 to 1936. Javi certainly wrote his name in the history book. What an achievement:clap:

His gold medal count is tied with Willy Böckl with six, just behind Plushenko (seven), Schäfer (eight) and Salchow (nine)