2018 Four Continents Ladies SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Ladies SP

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Hm, they must have called a carrot on one of Miyahara's jumps. Perhaps the Lutz?

NicolettaL

Final Flight
Lutz got carroted 4 sure. And I'm okay with that. As someone mentioned before
Reward the good stuff, penalize the bad stuff. Fair score and that was the best she skated her SP for me.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
so, where is Satoko's 36+ PCS since she got called on URs? :think:

GGFan

Record Breaker
Nice job by Dabin! Happy she uses the instrumental version, as it suits her well. That dress :love:

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Dabin Choi

Strong 3Lz+3T. 3F a little scratchy but fine 2A. Choi just needs more speed across the ice and more emphasis with the music. She doesn't get into the +2 range on the GOEs, but she has a gentle, soothing quality to her skating. She should still get into the top 6 with that skate though.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Competent skate by Dabin, but honestly, the program put me to sleep. :S I spaced out several times. She really needs to work on the performance side of things. I didn't see any connection to the music/theme - Anything could have been playing.

Alifyre

On the Ice
Well, I can't say any of the programs skated today gave me a wow factor, but it was worth getting up to see the last group nonetheless. I'm more excited for the free, though!

skatenewbie

Medalist
40 TES with those jumps? Well sure, why not.

I'd have her ahead of Kaori but I'm not sure why Mihara got as low a score as she did.
Kaori jump gets higher GOE than Mihara also Mihara PCS is lower than her usual idk why and StSq3... She does looks more cautious and less fierce though

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Oh close! Never would've guessed. I thought they would score Satoko higher.

Satoko's right. Mihara's about right.

Kaori's too high, which makes the ratios wrong. Satoko should lead by more. In this competition the superior footwork is quite emphasized in comparison to her peers. Her PCS is about right but others(Mainly Kaori) should have had less in relation.

Kaori jump gets higher GOE than Mihara also Mihara PCS is lower than her usual idk why and StSq3... She does looks more cautious and less fierce though

Mostly PCS - I'd have Kaori PCS lower and Mihara PCS higher.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Well, the FS will determine who wins among the Japanese ladies, considering how close they are.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Very, very happy for Mai, Kaori and Satoko. --Especially Mai. I hope she can gain confidence and knock the FS out of the park!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
It's absolutely crazy to me that those last three categories are not in the 9s!! :scratch2:

i think every category should be, her TR (eveyrthing is seemless and she has tr in-out off the jumps too maybe apart from 3-3 entry but not that much) and SS are great too