2018 Four Continents Mens FS | Page 54 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Mens FS

Yuzu/Nathan/Boyangman OG podium!

Though it's boring that Nathan doesn't have a nickname.

Quad King is stupid and contested.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jason looks so happy. I am really glad he is closing out his season like this instead of the disappointment of nationals.

And who knows, he may still end up at Worlds. But yes, if this is the end of the season, this is a great way to close out! A ISU Championship medal and a new season's best!

yude

Record Breaker
Congratulations to all the medalists, especially Boyang!! You are a well deserved winner :rock:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Jason looks so happy. I am really glad he is closing out his season like this instead of the disappointment of nationals.

And Max, too. I'm so happy for both of them.

But some part of my heart is screaming at both of them, where was this three weeks ago?

livetoskate

On the Ice
I'm thrilled for Boyang. When's the last time he got to stand on the top of a podium. It seemed like he was always getting silver or bronze, but never the gold. I'm also pleasantly surprised that Jason got the bronze. What a great way to end his season. Happy for Elladj too. Of course, I'm disappointed for Takehito Mura-- from winning this event in 2014 to placing 12th. I hope we will continue to see him skate though, whether in competitions or shows.

aname

On the Ice
I am looking at the PCS components.

J6 gave 7.00 for composition while J9 gave 9.50 for composition. Either one or both are drunk.
9.50 for composition?!?

In comparison, they gave Elladj 8.25/8.00 for Composition

...and 8.50/7.75 for Performance. And that was a damn fine performance!

Boyang was given 8.25/9.50 for Performance

Elladj got 8.00/7.75 for SS wheres Boyang got 8.00/9.25 for SS

So yeah, I think J9 went a tad overboard with Boeing's PC marks. He did deserve good marks (I totally get the high eights and even 9.00s) but 9.50s... eh...

Anyway, I'm happy for Boyang. Its satisfying to see a CLEAN (well almost!) skate with crazy quad content

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
What I really like about Boyang is his commitment to improving himself. He tried a 4Lo and 5 quads at the last 4CC and it didn't work. He then shelved it and worked on getting his basics improved and just work with the layout he has in order to progress more than just in quad count. I appreciate that about him and so I like it when it pays off. Especially when he just came back from injury.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a handsome podium! Congratulations to all! Jason's face will hurt tomorrow from smiling so much! So glad he's ending his season on a high note! Good job Shoma! Congrats to Boyang on those beautiful jumps.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Yeah, it was impressive - he didn't just look recovered. He looked in great form. His axels in particular were the strongest I've seen them. I wish he'd have more of a flourish to his quads - he does kinda just DO them, instead of PERFORM them. But at this point, it's best to get the elements done and get the win and then amp it up for the Olympics.
Definitely! Still more work to do, but judging from his huge improvement in his SP, I really think he can do it. So proud of sweet Boyang!

Great redemption skate from Jason Brown as well!

bixby

Final Flight

Vincent is very capable of at least 5 quads my friend. If he lands them cleanly with all the GOE's, his TES will be in the 100+ too. I won't count him out!

And those whose favorites can't jump that many quads complain about "crossovers". Enjoyed Boyang's program tonight compare to Shoma.

reneerose

Final Flight
Yeah, it was impressive - he didn't just look recovered. He looked in great form. His axels in particular were the strongest I've seen them. I wish he'd have more of a flourish to his quads - he does kinda just DO them, instead of PERFORM them. But at this point, it's best to get the elements done and get the win and then amp it up for the Olympics.

Wow what a performance for someone who recovered from two sprained ankles! I love the Star Wars music of his free skate. Great job! :laugh:

Vincent is very capable of at least 5 quads my friend. If he lands them cleanly with all the GOE's, his TES will be in the 100+ too. I won't count him out!

And those whose favorites can't jump that many quads complain about "crossovers". Enjoyed Boyang's program tonight compare to Shoma.

Vincent has bad underrotations, that were finally called in Nationals this year. His PCS is subpar compared to all of the top contenders. He won't place.

I like Vincent. He won't place.

If we're dealing with hypotheticals, then Nathan/Yuzuru/Boyang/Shoma would beat him if they're clean anyway because they have better content and better PCS.

No one is complaining about crossovers. Boyang is my favorite skater of this event.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
One thing is for sure, even though it completely breaks the mood of his FS, Boyang's choreo sequence is a hit with judges given the +2 and +3 and I agree. It's so quintessential Boyang. I just wish it was not shoved in between somber cuts, bringing with it emotional whiplash.