2018 Four Continents Mens FS | Page 57 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Mens FS

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Exactly. What we should be talking about is how the tone for the last group was set by Jason's magic and Max's fire. They made sure that whatever happened, we were going to see great skating in the last group.

They were awesome! And I'm so sorry that you didn't get to see Max's wonderful skate as it happened. He looked confident. He looked happy. He was emoting better than ever. If that's his swan song, it was a good one! And I heard those first few bars of Jason's The Piano and instantly found myself thinking "woulda, coulda, shoulda". :palmf: Should he have kept that program. Accchhh! Hindsight is 20/20. We'll never know. And how about those green room antics?! #%&*@ I'm still laughing!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
WOW, although a fall happened Uno´s performance was just mesmerizing. Great music combined with great choreography and great interpretation... Also I liked Jin´s freeskate program very much and feel happy for his present condition.

Felt disappointed that Aaron did not make the podium, although he had every chance. But maybe this result was to be expected after his skating at the US Nationals, although this was was of course better. Sorry for Tanaka, but kind of did not expect that his nerves will hold, so to speak.

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
I love both of them, so I was happy no matter who won, but a local Taiwanese high school girl also sitting in our row started crying because Shoma lost.

Will she be made fun of and derided like the Chinese Hanyu fan who cried at Rostelecom then? Of course she won't, and we all know why.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
They were awesome! And I'm so sorry that you didn't get to see Max's wonderful skate as it happened. He looked confident. He looked happy. He was emoting better than ever. If that's his swan song, it was a good one! And I heard those first few bars of Jason's The Piano and instantly found myself thinking "woulda, coulda, shoulda". :palmf: Should he have kept that program. Accchhh! Hindsight is 20/20. We'll never know. And how about those green room antics?! #%&*@ I'm still laughing!

I kinda get why they didn't at first, it would've been the 3rd season with that program, though technically he only had it for a few competitions the first year. But yes, hindsight!

da96103

Record Breaker
Before anyone starts looking into their crystal balls or astrological charts or tea leaves or tarot cards about what WILL happen in Korea, you might be wise to look at the history books.

Ask Sarah Hughes.
Ask Alexei Urmanov.
Ask Torvill and Dean.
Ask Kurt Browning.
Ask Brian Boitano.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

Ice is slippery. It's the Olympics. Surprises happen.

Except that everyone is not THE favorite. Whoever the winner, he is already the unexpected one.

Can Yuzu win without a competition since Rostelecom?
Can Nathan win with an iffy 3A?
Can Shoma win with skin-of-teeth quads?
Can Boyang win with the lowest PCS?
Can Javi be clean?
Can Kolyada stop playing lottery with his 4Lz?
Can Patrick do a miracle?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Nessun Shoma!

I'm sure he'll be glad for your defending him on GS, if he does. :)

Shoma Uno doesn't know I exist, so he cares exactly that much about me defending him on GS, as about people thinking he is a cheater: Zero. And I'm glad about it.

Will she be made fun of and derided like the Chinese Hanyu fan who cried at Rostelecom then? Of course she won't, and we all know why.

Because she wasn't filmed? It's ridiculous, no matter who does it.

Give it a rest guys. We get your message.

:agree: It's time to leave this thread.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I kinda get why they didn't at first, it would've been the 3rd season with that program, though technically he only had it for a few competitions the first year. But yes, hindsight!

True -- three times is too much. Trying to recapture magic moments backfires a lot of times. Such a wonderful program though. I always get this feeling that he doesn't FEEL the music, he BECOMES the music with that program -- if that makes any sense! :luv17:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A little late to the party on Donovan Carrillo (from Mexico). Just had a chance to watch his program. Wow! He was like a breath of fresh air out there with that 1,000 watt smile! I'm anxious to read up on him and see what his story is! I'm really not even sure how much figure skating there is in Mexico. Congrats to him on a season's best!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
From the less familiar skaters to me I really liked Donovan Carrillo´s skating style and performance very much, congratulations for the PB and 18th place!!!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't think any fan should be made fun of for having an emotional reaction to a skate/score, especially in the arena. Lord knows I have enough of them.

(The GSers who sat near me at Worlds in Boston will no doubt have a vivid memory of my heartbroken sobbing when Kailani didn't make the FS there).

If the camera had caught that image of me sobbing into an Australian flag, what would you all have done?

Skatefan15

On the Ice
And speaking of Icenetwork, I have it too. Did everything appear slow to you? I mean, it seemed like everyone was skating slowly to me. Sounds kinda crazy, but I thought I was seeing things. Maybe my eyes are slow tonight?! Other than that, it was pretty good without a lot of buffering or anything else weird.
I'm actually pleasantly surprised that there wasn't any buffering today. Lol and before I went to sleep, I did watch and it seemed ok-ish to me.

da96103

Record Breaker
I don't think any fan should be made fun of for having an emotional reaction to a skate/score, especially in the arena. Lord knows I have enough of them.

(The GSers who sat near me at Worlds in Boston will no doubt have a vivid memory of my heartbroken sobbing when Kailani didn't make the FS there).

If the camera had caught that image of me sobbing into an Australian flag, what would you all have done?

At which point did you cry? Coz we would have to wait until all the skaters have skated to know if someone qualified or not for the FS.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
At which point did you cry? Coz we would have to wait until all the skaters have skated to know if someone qualified or not during the FS.

As soon as she was done. She skated late enough in the SP start order, and we had seen enough that day, that I knew straightaway she wasn't going to qualify. I started crying harder when her score came up.

I was crying today, too. At the magic of Jason's FS, and then because Max was perfect and smiling.

I cried yesterday, too, when Katia and Harley were so brutually dumped. And the men's FS at US Nationals - oh, I think I spent more time crying that day than not crying.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist

I think it’s a beautiful thing to have intense and passionate emotional reactions, whether it’s to the performance or to the results of the competition.

Let people make fun or criticize or do whatever, they have the right and freedom to do that too. But I pity them because they cannot relate to what it feels like to be so passionate about something or someone. ;)

chairmanmao

Final Flight
This tells us, the likes of Javi's 2-3 quad program ain't gonna cut it for Olympic GOLD even if they prop him on PCS. Forget Patrick! He can't barely do two, he's out of the conversation.

Hanyu, Shoma, Boyang and Nathan will duke it out for the gold and Vincent might even squeeze in the podium.

Right Javi fifth best behind a skater whose SB is just a few points higher than Javi's disaster outing in China. Just in case you didn't check he is 3rd on the SB list just behind Boyang. I thought including Hanyu on the gold fave was already dubious seeing how suspect his form and fitness are. Vincent Zhou? And to put that in bold font! LOL not even Chan is that bad to fall behind him.

TMC

Record Breaker
Hold on - I just started to watch from the beginning and how come the judges' countries are not shown next to their names again?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Incredible.. Incredible!!!

It was outrageously and ridiculously good Boyang. It was galaxy starwarthy good. Greatest injury comeback back of the season in terms of tech, crisp, polish and stronger basic improvements! His quads feels like triples. A starship away at lightning speed from his debut. Who had bigger improvements than him? He even somehow made the cheezy bit work. Like the costume so much better. Just classic and none fussy.

It was Olympic Gold Worthy! Just wow!! The Olympics just got really REALLY exciting. NO mess with the TES (Monster Upgraded to) Master!!

Welcome back to the 300s... and arguably you deserve more!

qwertyskates

Medalist
Great skate from Boyang, well deserved win! :agree:

Best jumps of the men so far.

I think his SP is much better, sharper, focused, and deserved higher PCS. :luv17:

The music is better integrated now, but he should tamp down the comedic Cantina bits to a more savvy Javi type of sexy fun caper rather than La Strada clowning. Still find it jarring and awkward..also more emotions and less drooping arms the rest of the programs...more how to train your dragon FS type of expression?

Go to another choreographer for your next season, Lori isn't taking you seriously enough.

Please somebody tell Boyang.:pray: