2021 Rostelecom Cup: Men's Short Program | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2021 Rostelecom Cup: Men's Short Program

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
Morisi Kvitelashvili did two quad salchows.
Yes - I know his toe normally looks like a salchow in fast speed and has very nuanced differences.
But Here He legit attempted two quad salchows in hopes that the tech panel wouldn't question it.
Look closely, he does exactly the same technique in both jumps.
Normally he lifts his front leg off for a mili-second to classify it as a different jump.
Here he legitimately attempted two quad salchows.

In my opinion an element should be invalidated. The tech panel don't even bother to check with him anymore and just assume his usual nuanced differences in technique.

Or am I going crazy?

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Yes - I know his toe normally looks like a salchow in fast speed and has very nuanced differences.
But Here He legit attempted two quad salchows in hopes that the tech panel wouldn't question it.
Normally he lifts his front leg off for a mili-second to classify it as a different jump.

In my opinion an element should be invalidated. The tech panel don't even bother to check with him anymore and just assume his usual nuanced differences in technique.

Or am I going crazy?
I agree 100%! I have never seen such horrible technique. I don't know how he gets away with it!

Vemvane

On the Ice
It's neverending story with Misha. He made fall in love with his skating in season 15/16 and now I suffer
I think I am adding him to the little handful of skaters in my Their Jumps Don't Really Matter club, because everything else about his skating is marvellous. Though his 3A today was a thing of beauty, absolutely lovely to watch. Drat the difficulty of quads and getting them landed.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Okay, there is no way to watch the beginning of men’s short so far, so l guess I will put coffee on and watch Ice dance… 🤷‍♀️

brigit66

On the Ice

Or am I going crazy?
Nothing will be invalided. He is from Eteiri. Just like valieva doing flip like loops

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I think I am adding him to the little handful of skaters in my Their Jumps Don't Really Matter club, because everything else about his skating is marvellous. Though his 3A today was a thing of beauty, absolutely lovely to watch. Drat the difficulty of quads and getting them landed.
Agree 100%. It's why I suffer, because I never stopped loving his skating. I just want to see him happy and he never is with skating like that.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
ISU stream wasn't live at the beginning. We had to watch on other streams at first
Oh, I guess I somehow tuned in right when it went live, because it starts with a replay of Kondratyuk falling. And that’s exactly when I joined. 😅

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just woke up 15 minutes ago. Still in a food coma from yesterday and going back to sleep. But....

I know my men are chaotic, but what just happened?😲

RIP my predictions:dbana:

ETA; did watch replay of Kazuki. Bravo! Japanese men are bringing it this year. :)