2023-24 Russian Grand Prix - Stage 2 - Omsk | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Grand Prix - Stage 2 - Omsk

Skating91

Medalist
That was rough, Alena looked less relaxed then yesterday.
She's not happy.

If she stuck to singles she would have got silver today I imagine even if the 3A had abandoned her. I wonder if that goes through her mind. Maybe got married too quick. She's put herself under all kinds of pressure at age 20.

Poor Gosha in the kiss and cry. He looks like a decent guy obviously put everything into the performance. She was kind of disdainful of him. He held up his end of the bargain out there. She could at least put on a brave face for her husband.

At her peak she was one of the best singles skaters in history, it's basically catching lightning in a bottle to also be one of the best pairs skaters in Russia in that same lifetime. It's not like she's skating for Germany or Georgia.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
She's not happy.

If she stuck to singles she would have got silver today I imagine even if the 3A had abandoned her. I wonder if that goes through her mind. Maybe got married too quick. She's put herself under all kinds of pressure at age 20.

Poor Gosha in the kiss and cry. He looks like a decent guy obviously put everything into the performance. She was kind of disdainful of him. He held up his end of the bargain out there. She could at least put on a brave face for her husband.

At her peak she was one of the best singles skaters in history, it's basically catching lightning in a bottle to also be one of the best pairs skaters in Russia in that same lifetime. It's not like she's skating for Germany or Georgia.
Alena always looked pissed in KnC when she did mistakes, unless she knew for sure that she would win. Anna is the only one of the trio who always had a straight face no matter what happened.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Would you settle for semi-redemption?
No, it's been a disaster given what they are able to do. Don't know whether it's Karina's continuing back issues or else. This is not A/K as they can be. Hope they're sort things out soon - if they can be sorted given the medical side of things.

Pairluv

Final Flight
I absolutely appreciate Moskvina for keeping classic Russian pair skating in spite of the difficulties COP has brought to pairs, but I never understand her music choices for her teams. I gave up on that a long time ago. I've always preferred Mish/Gal to Boi/Koz, but I really think Boi/Koz have the better programs this season. It's going to be interesting to see what happens at Nationals.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
With her size she has to work twice as hard to get across the ice with speed. Intense kid and I think she is not going to allow anything or anyone to get between her and an Olympic Gold Medal. She is going to do whatever it takes. She seems to have a bit of a chilly relationship with Sergei Dudakov (sic) though. Interesting.
I think i've seen Dudakov emotional like twice. Smiling, really smiling, maybe once.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I don't know about that. If her health withstood it yes, but didn't Alena say that it was basically impossible for her to get through a full Free Skate with 7 jumping passes because of the pain?

Though I'm guessing it's definitely a thought on her mind. As they say, the higher you climb, the harder you fall. Alena fell, and it's now up to her how to handle that.

Artemisa

Final Flight
She's not happy.

I think it's possible to be one of the best pairs because for a short time they were good, pairs have a good longevity .. and they are competing with the best of the best ( and pairs since juniors) and didn't look bad.