2024 Europeans Where Are You Watching? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 Europeans Where Are You Watching?

Pink Peril

Rinkside
Well, it doesn’t look as if we’ll be watching it here in New Zealand. After our broadcaster gave up all skating rights, we spent a year geo-blocked despite no broadcaster showing it. Luckily, this season, the ISU lifted the Geo block and we were able to watch the Grand Prix series on the ISU YouTube channel. Obviously I was expecting the Europeans to be on there, but nothing is showing up whatsoever and there’s only about an hour before the start. So looks like we have been geo-blocked in New Zealand again.
It doesn’t matter how many times you write to the ISU, or complain to them About the fact that you have no broadcaster and yet they are geoblocking you. They just ignore all communications.

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I do have concerns about Worlds though... the BBC only ever show the final group of the free programmes as a highlights thing.
That's not true. They show the entire free skates on red button/iplayer as well as the highlights show. The Red Button Channel is still available on tv if you don't have a smart tv (601 on freeview i think) or other access to iplayer.

Last edited:

icewhite

Record Breaker
Well, it doesn’t look as if we’ll be watching it here in New Zealand. After our broadcaster gave up all skating rights, we spent a year geo-blocked despite no broadcaster showing it. Luckily, this season, the ISU lifted the Geo block and we were able to watch the Grand Prix series on the ISU YouTube channel. Obviously I was expecting the Europeans to be on there, but nothing is showing up whatsoever and there’s only about an hour before the start. So looks like we have been geo-blocked in New Zealand again.
It doesn’t matter how many times you write to the ISU, or complain to them About the fact that you have no broadcaster and yet they are geoblocking you. They just ignore all communications.

It only starts tomorrow, though? :unsure:

throw_triple_flip

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
I don't think they've put anything on the ISU youtube at all just yet.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
So my mom (!) just accidentally discovered that the Dutch public broadcaster NOS will be livestreaming from their website/app.
Like, whu?! I am Shocked.

Edit: might be an option for those with VPN.
But will we also be able to look back? It says it's upcoming live (in real time), and I am working from wednesday to friday. I definitely can't watch then (I can follow the live scoring but that's not the same). And there's also Canadians (which will be archived, which is very helpful).

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Well the little video I posted above, is now also to be found on the ISU you tube channel. I presume the streams for the competitions will now follow soon!

Pink Peril

Rinkside
I don't think they've put anything on the ISU youtube at all just yet.
No they haven’t which is why I’m getting worried that they’ve Geo blocked it in NZ again after finally being able to watch the Grand Prix series. Sky Sport dropped the skating two years ago. Just going to keep my fingers crossed that it pops up soon.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
No they haven’t which is why I’m getting worried that they’ve Geo blocked it in NZ again after finally being able to watch the Grand Prix series. Sky Sport dropped the skating two years ago. Just going to keep my fingers crossed that it pops up soon.
No, they mean that the ISU hasn't put the live streams up at all yet, which has nothing to do with Geo-blocking.

I went through multiple countries that should not be geo-blocked and there are no scheduled streams up on the ISU YT channel for any of these countries.

Last edited:

meliaren

Rinkside
Country
Netherlands
But will we also be able to look back? It says it's upcoming live (in real time), and I am working from wednesday to friday. I definitely can't watch then (I can follow the live scoring but that's not the same). And there's also Canadians (which will be archived, which is very helpful).
No, NOS livestreams are always “real time” only.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Well. Although the ISU has never been so slow before in announcing where to watch, they did put up a feature-article on the EC:
https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/...pean-championships-in-kaunas?templateParam=15.
I am looking forward to it, and also to @meliaren's reports (at least I hope you'll supply us with some info).
I’m officially Confused now. It says Eurosport for the Netherlands. I thought Eurosport didn’t have the FS anymore. So what, we get Eurosport, NOS and ISU youtube? That seems a bit… superfluous!

Edit: looks like Eurosport shows FS in the UK, too. Life is strange…